GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Elite level striker in MMA are no joke Empty Elite level striker in MMA are no joke

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:53 am
I remember 5-10 years ago guys like this were laughed at for enter the realm of hugging and kissing. Guys like Dekkers, Stefan Leko, Peter Aerts entered with mixed or little success. Everyone was high on the BJJ or wrestler taking them down and a grappling base being the best for MMA.....well not anymore with elite K-1 level guys such as Cosmo Alexander, Tyrone Spong who in a short peroid of time have learnt some wrestling and a little ground game they keep the fight standing

I get excited when I see a top level striker completly destroy these pathetic MMA level strikers who keep there chin up and hands down swinging like a bum. I get very happy when they get KTFO. These MMA level strikers thinking they're knock out artists because they caught a few guys with a wild over hand right. WAR STRIKING!

cat

Your thoughts?
KSW
KSW

Elite level striker in MMA are no joke Empty Re: Elite level striker in MMA are no joke

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 am
Now that Spong entered the sport the UFC boys will see real stand up.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Elite level striker in MMA are no joke Empty Re: Elite level striker in MMA are no joke

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:00 am
I agree completely.

And I love grappling. I love wrestling and judo especially. I also love boxing. I agree with all you said though.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 am
agreed, what really use to piss me off was back when I used to watch youFsee, I swear almost every other damn match Rogain would spout out "k-1 level striking" I just lmao because Inever saw any k-1 level all I saw was a poor mans version of iska striking at best.
Adax

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:23 am
Elite level striker in MMA are no joke Tumblr_mcynmajWOH1qaa8d1o1_r1_500

Can I get an 8 count?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 am
Reminds you of the Mark Hunt KO in the UFC
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:52 am
when rogan speaks of k-1 level striking in the UFC the closest that idiot gets is pat fucking barry.

well pre overeem being in the ufc anyways.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:04 pm
I am stoked about Spong in MMA. Best LHW striker in the world. I hope Rashad gets his TDD to a high level and he can get up if taken down.

He could be a force at 205 for sure.
monaroCountry

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:16 pm
Ive always seen a huge difference between K-1 level and MMA level striking. There are some guys who are truly great strikers, but not many. Ive never believed the UFC hupe machine of everyone of their champions being given the "K-1 level striking" tag.

Actualy K1 strikers should hopefully do well and show these bozo hype makers whats what.
wekka
wekka

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:33 pm
I'm sure you would have seen this in the past of Pride and Hero*s wouldn't have thrown top level kickboxers to the wolves. I believe Aerts, Bernardo, Adibi, Zimmerman, and Leko would've done pretty well if they had actually trained MMA instead of being thrown into a match two weeks beforehand just based on novelty alone.

That's why Spong and Cosmo are already ahead of the rest. They're training seriously and timely.
wekka
wekka

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:36 pm
Then again Taiei Kin did manage to get a victory over Minowa.
Buttt, there was also those disgusting Satake matches
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:09 pm
monaroCountry wrote:Ive always seen a huge difference between K-1 level and MMA level striking. There are some guys who are truly great strikers, but not many. Ive never believed the UFC hupe machine of everyone of their champions being given the "K-1 level striking" tag.

Actualy K1 strikers should hopefully do well and show these bozo hype makers whats what.

Agreed. The real K-1 level strikers in the UFC are REEM and Hunt.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 pm
wekka wrote:I'm sure you would have seen this in the past of Pride and Hero*s wouldn't have thrown top level kickboxers to the wolves. I believe Aerts, Bernardo, Adibi, Zimmerman, and Leko would've done pretty well if they had actually trained MMA instead of being thrown into a match two weeks beforehand just based on novelty alone.

That's why Spong and Cosmo are already ahead of the rest. They're training seriously and timely.
Crocop was falling into this trap aswell early in his career luckly he was clever enough to bring in werdum for some ground experience.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum