GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy??? Empty Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy???

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 pm
Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy??? Alexander_Volkov__vs_Siala_Siliga

Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy??? 10157340_496622983796858_6420717636731180874_n
Mikal
Mikal

Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy??? Empty Re: Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy???

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 pm
I'd have to say Hunt (the guy D.W didn't want) and Overeem (the guy D.W doesn't want) for sure
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy??? Empty Re: Who among UFC HW's is a better technical striker than this guy???

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:12 pm
Jds,werdum,hunt,overeem all come to mind
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:15 pm
Mikal wrote:I'd have to say Hunt (the guy D.W didn't want) and Overeem (the guy D.W doesn't want) for sure

I'll give you Hunt in most areas because his boxing is one of the best ever any division. His counter-striking & use of angles is just off the chart for MMA. The only think though is Hunto has no liver to head kicking game which Volkov is simply great at. Like finishing weapons like old Mirko.

I'm gonna have to disagree on Alistair. I think his K-1 HW GP auto-overblowed his technical skills even though all of us here know that he fought a guy with one arm in the final. To me Overeem is George Foreman without as much power and a much worse dancer.

Volkov can go anywhere at at anytime up and down with tight combos. It's really quite something for a guy that size. He really has good speed too low to high high to low to anywhere. Unless my memory is failing me... Loyoto Machida is the only other guy that I've seen able to do this in the UFC, and that's where a lot of his success comes from. Interestingly enough if you take a look at both Volkov's background it's easy to see why they both have this in common.

JDS's technical striking is sooo overrated. Not saying it isn't good though. He's thrown more haymakers than an Amish Judoka.  What a Face  I just don't see precision or good footwork. That's just me though.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Volkov's striking is very impressive. He's up there.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum