GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

OFFICIAL ONE FC STATEMENT ON GLORY RUMOR Empty OFFICIAL ONE FC STATEMENT ON GLORY RUMOR

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm
An official within the ONE FC organization confirmed this morning, Monday November 19th:

1. No, ONE FC is not selling to Glory.

2. ONE FC has not been approached by Glory Sports International in regards to selling.

3. ONE FC is looking at possibly purchasing other promotions in 2013.

http://mma-in-asia.com/promotions/one-fc/official-one-fc-statement-on-glory-rumor/
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

OFFICIAL ONE FC STATEMENT ON GLORY RUMOR Empty Re: OFFICIAL ONE FC STATEMENT ON GLORY RUMOR

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 pm
ONE FC reminds me of Mortal Kombat. 2013 can't come soon enough.
Heretic
Heretic

OFFICIAL ONE FC STATEMENT ON GLORY RUMOR Empty Re: OFFICIAL ONE FC STATEMENT ON GLORY RUMOR

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm
there's another MK game coming out?
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:18 pm
ONE FC returns in 2013.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:15 pm
Well that was a clear response to the rumor. Although Coker sounded similar prior to SF selling out to Zuffa (just a week prior to the sale).
MR.WILLIE

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm
CDF47 wrote:Well that was a clear response to the rumor. Although Coker sounded similar prior to SF selling out to Zuffa (just a week prior to the sale).

yup....and coker was seen as a more seroius guy in the mma comunity than cui....so hell knows whats going to happen?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Well that was a clear response to the rumor. Although Coker sounded similar prior to SF selling out to Zuffa (just a week prior to the sale).

yup....and coker was seen as a more seroius guy in the mma comunity than cui....so hell knows whats going to happen?

Yeah, I was really shocked about that. I remember watching the interview on Sherdog and Coker shot down the question like it was nonsense that he was looking to sell, let alone to Zuffa. Not even a week later and Dana is with Helwani talking about the purchase of SF. I couldn't believe it. Coker was so full of shit in that interview it's crazy.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 pm
Well this leads me to believe there will be no co-promotion come NYE
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 pm
wekka wrote:Well this leads me to believe there will be no co-promotion come NYE
odd seeing how one fc seems to like that or so they say...
wekka
wekka

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:59 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
wekka wrote:Well this leads me to believe there will be no co-promotion come NYE

Before the merger between Glory andDREAM, One didn't have ANY competition. Now I believe they're feeling the pressure from a company that could easily rival them in terms of signing top Asian talent.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm
wekka wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

Before the merger between Glory andDREAM, One didn't have ANY competition. Now I believe they're feeling the pressure from a company that could easily rival them in terms of signing top Asian talent.

i agree....and they better step up their game.....no shows until february thats like 5 months without an event...

KSW
KSW

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 am
Actually I wouldn´t mind if Glory bought ONE FC, especially if they start using the ring.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 am
Lofgren wrote:Actually I wouldn´t mind if Glory bought ONE FC, especially if they start using the ring.

we agree my friend.....if glory is coming out swinging i prefer them to be one big company....compared to victor

cui (telling everybody he is the ufc of asia) only putting 6 shows in all 2012 and saying weird shit as they will

be bigger than pride and all kind of nonsense
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Lofgren wrote:Actually I wouldn´t mind if Glory bought ONE FC, especially if they start using the ring.

we agree my friend.....if glory is coming out swinging i prefer them to be one big company....compared to victor

cui (telling everybody he is the ufc of asia) only putting 6 shows in all 2012 and saying weird shit as they will

lol one fc will never be bigger then PRIDE this goes back to me saying he talks to much bs.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:31 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

lol one fc will never be bigger then PRIDE this goes back to me saying he talks to much bs.

yep he has a big mouth, he said that a huge announcement was coming....he said that in september and we are in the third week of november and nothing...
wekka
wekka

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:43 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:

Well you can also take into consideration that Pride used to run shows sporadically from 97-00, so that's understandable. I'd rather someone not water down their product and keep me wanting more.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm
mmainamerica wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

Was there actual rumor of Strikeforce to Zuffa sale?

There was a rumor in the media and Sherdog interviewed Coker about it a week before the sale and he shot it down like it was ridiculous.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Still hoping there will be. This is suppose to be what the ONE Asia Network is all about and Aoki, Boku, and Bibi would be great on NYE.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

Yup....It's time for them to step up to all those claims. This is the ideal time to co-promote a card w/ DREAM so they should live up to all this talking they have done. GLORY has already expressed their interest in having Aoki and others on this card so it is up to ONE to make this happen.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm
wekka wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

I thought the same but they had a partnership with DREAM and hyped up this ONE Asia Network so much, it is time to live up to it. There is no better time than now.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Totally agree!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
wekka wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

i agree....and they better step up their game.....

Absolutely. If they are not co-promoting this card my opinion of ONE FC and the whole ONE Asia Network will go way down.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

yep he has a big mouth, he said that a huge announcement was coming....he said that in september and we are in the third week of november and nothing...

Yup...That "H.U.G.E" announcement on their next event better be a NYE co-promotion. All this hype and talk of the ONE Asia Network I was hyped for since the beginning. If they don't deliver now all that hype was just a bunch of BS.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 pm
wekka wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

Well you can also take into consideration that Pride used to run shows sporadically from 97-00, so that's understandable. I'd rather someone not water down their product and keep me wanting more.

yes but pride owners never talk shit like cui does...thats my problem
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum