GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

RUMOR : Glory buying k-1? Empty RUMOR : Glory buying k-1?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:04 pm
So far it's just forum talk. Anyone hear anything?
ZuffaKiller

RUMOR : Glory buying k-1? Empty Re: RUMOR : Glory buying k-1?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:11 pm
I heard they were buying One Fc aswell.
But I heard nothing about them buying K-1
Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:14 pm
Imagine it's all true?

I wonder how much Andurand is worth
ZuffaKiller

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 pm
I highly doubt K-1 or One would sell to them despite the money which I'm sure is very very substantial.
wekka
wekka

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:25 pm
GLORY buying K-1 is much more believable than buying out ONE.

I actually hope they do buy K-1 though, so we can once again have one uniform and major kickboxing organization.
ZuffaKiller

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm
^^^I would rather not see glory buy K-1 besides they would most likelyfold the org or use it as a feed. The only reason they would buy is to get the US market and the K-1 name.
Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 pm
Well money talks. I would believe it more for K-1 than One FC.

Once FC look like they got a good thing going. I can forsee a partnership of some sort (if Glory want to continue in the MMA game after NYE)

As for K-1, I think Mr. Kim bit off a lot more than he can chew. I don't doubt his desire to make K-1 a success, I just doubt the current management has the know how to do so. Everything we've seen from K-1 so far has been a half assed effort. Glory on the other hand look like a top org with their shit together. If the money is right...
Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:^^^I would rather not see glory buy K-1 besides they would most likelyfold the org or use it as a feed. The only reason they would buy is to get the US market and the K-1 name.

Glory would no doubt use the K-1 name for their KB events. K-1 is the well known name. Glory has put on only 3 shows so far.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:07 pm
I too have heard this, so be it.
wekka
wekka

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:^^^I would rather not see glory buy K-1 besides they would most likelyfold the org or use it as a feed. The only reason they would buy is to get the US market and the K-1 name.

If anything, I think this would be better for the sport of kickboxing if they do manage to absorb K-1. You've got too much talent spread out in these current iterations. Glory has the vast majority of Heavyweight talent, yet K-1 has much of the future. Glory has the top two MAX fighters and solid prospects such as Kiria and Dahlbeck but K-1 has much more depth in the division. If kickboxing is to succeed in the future, all the top talent needs to be in one place. Right now, they're just holding back what could potentially finally make a dent in the American market.

Plus, if this were to happen, there's still plenty of solid kickboxing organizations around the world. Superkombat puts on excellent shows, KRUSH is the pinnacle of the lower weight classes, Shootboxing has a killer niche and It's Showtime has effectively turned into a feeder show and it still looks good. That's not even including all the top level muay thai cards that are put out constantly.

You just can't have all the top level kickboxers split down the middle in a time like this. There needs to be a predominate top level organization.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum