GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Robert Drysdale says Anderson Silva is 'arrogant' and looking for physical advantage over Georges St. Pierre... Empty Robert Drysdale says Anderson Silva is 'arrogant' and looking for physical advantage over Georges St. Pierre...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:22 pm
ADCC gold medalist and undefeated MMA fighter Robert Drysdale has some harsh words for the UFC Middleweight champion.

Coming off his fifth consecutive first round submission victory, Robert Drysdale is starting to make a name for himself in MMA. On top of his spotless fighting record, Drysdale has impeccable grappling credentials including multiple ADCC medals, several world BJJ titles, and many more tournament victories. Despite a short career so far, he's not at all new to MMA having awarded former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin his BJJ black belt in 2010.

Now, Drysdale is trying his hand at MMA commentary and he's apparently not a fan of Middleweight champion Anderson Silva. While he respects Silva's incredible talents, he explained to Pro MMA Insider that he doesn't the champ's personality (via MMA Mania):

I think he's phenomenal man. I think he is phenomenal. I just think he's got an attitude man. Yeah. He's great, he's a phenomenal striker, unbelievable man. I keep saying that. He's really that good. But, I don't think much of the guy just because of his attitude. I don't think much of him as a person. I think he's incredibly arrogant and I just don't look up to people like that, I don't care how skilled you are. I really don't. To me, it's like, 'Alright, you're skilled, but you're an idiot.' So, whatever. I don't think that much of the guy as a person.

Just like every other MMA fan, Drysdale also spoke about the potential super fight between Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva. He voiced the opinion that the fight severely favors Silva physically. According to Drysdale, Silva's reach, size, and improved takedown defense could be insurmountable obstacles for GSP. Instead, he'd prefer Silva fight the Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

Over the last year and a half, many MMA fans have voiced similar opinions. Whereas only a couple years ago we were all clamoring for GSP/Silva, the tide has shifted as Jon Jones dominance has risen. Only time will tell if either of these pound-for-pound match ups ever come to fruition.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/21/3674602/robert-drysdale-says-anderson-silva-is-arrogant-and-looking-for

drysdale is a beast in the ground....i hope sefo and the guys move and sign him
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Robert Drysdale says Anderson Silva is 'arrogant' and looking for physical advantage over Georges St. Pierre... Empty Re: Robert Drysdale says Anderson Silva is 'arrogant' and looking for physical advantage over Georges St. Pierre...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 pm
I kinda feel this way too, wouldnt mind if somehow gsp dominated but I dont think thats gonna happen.
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Robert Drysdale says Anderson Silva is 'arrogant' and looking for physical advantage over Georges St. Pierre... Empty Re: Robert Drysdale says Anderson Silva is 'arrogant' and looking for physical advantage over Georges St. Pierre...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 pm
I agree with Drysdale, but like he should talk. He's been fighting the scrubiest of scrubs when everyone knows he's had enough grappling competition that he could start taking at least halfway competitive fights.

Seriously if Drysdale wants to continue to fight scrubs...at least test your striking a bit. Otherwise it's about time to test yourself.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum