GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

former sengoku fighter nick denis retires from mma... Empty former sengoku fighter nick denis retires from mma...

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:04 am
"The Ninja of Love" elaborates:

"In the last couple years, and especially in the last few months leading up to my May 5th fight, while sparring I would notice that when I got hit, it would affect me more and more. When I first started sparring I would run through punches unaffected. Not only that, but now training at Tristar, I am literally training with the worlds best. We are all training at the highest level, all for the same reasons. Could I fight in the UFC, against the best fighters in our solar system, literally trained killers, without sparring in training? Not really, so what was I to do? I have made the decision to retire."

In addition to the above quote, Denis explained his research on concussions, as well as sub-concussive trauma.

Of course, neither is something he wanted to absorb, and he explained the harsh damage that sub-concussive trauma can have on a person. He made a promise to himself that he'd retire from MMA after his next concussion, but he decided to quit while he was ahead and avoid the risks of sparring as well.

For a relatively young fighter with such promise, it is disappointing to not see him continue his MMA career.

However, he's taken a respectable route, one that other older fighters may be well advised to consider for themselves. Denis probably has a bright future ahead of him, and he has now accomplished one of his biggest life goals.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/23/3681020/ufc-bantamweight-nick-denis-retires-mixed-martial-arts-mma
MR.WILLIE

former sengoku fighter nick denis retires from mma... Empty Re: former sengoku fighter nick denis retires from mma...

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 am
remember the ko this kid recieved from marlon sandro in sengoku
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum