GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which sport/martial art related events do you like most?

+8
Fisticuffa
IQ Wrestler
rezin
wekka
KSW
CDF47
Dorch
Kinosis
12 posters
Go down

Which sport/martial art related events do you like most?

Muay Thai

Wrestling

Karate (full contact or point)

Judo/Sambo

Combat Sambo

San Shou

Sumo

Submission Wrestling (No-GI grappling)

Jiu-jitsu (GI grappling)

Boxing

Kickboxing (K-1 style rules)

Pro Wrestling

View results

Kinosis
Kinosis

Which sport/martial art related events do you like most? Empty Which sport/martial art related events do you like most?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:02 pm
I was watching some old Cung Le fights from his San Shou days (against his current trainer). Pretty cool stuff. Cung was way better back then than he is now by the way. Anyway, got me thinking about other sports that are martial arts related I would like to try or I enjoy watching. Wanted to see what your guys second (3rd, 4th, etc) choice would be (assuming MMA is your first).

I'm going to use fairly broad categories (example - wrestling represents Greco, freestyle, etc). You may select more than 1.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Which sport/martial art related events do you like most? Empty Re: Which sport/martial art related events do you like most?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 pm
I picked Combat Sambo and San Shou. I love them all but there is just something really cool to me about having at least 2 ranges available to you during combat. Those are both sports I want to go out of my way to watch more of.
Dorch
Dorch

Which sport/martial art related events do you like most? Empty Re: Which sport/martial art related events do you like most?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:19 pm
KB MT for me ...i like the standup Very Happy
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 am
Muay Thai, kickboxing, boxing, and BJJ (gi and no-gi) are my favorites. High level NCAA and Olympic wrestling I like as well.

Last edited by CDF47 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
KSW
KSW

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:27 am
Kinosis wrote:I picked Combat Sambo and San Shou. I love them all but there is just something really cool to me about having at least 2 ranges available to you during combat. Those are both sports I want to go out of my way to watch more of.
I voted Kickboxing, Combat Sambo and San Shou because they have the techniques I like. I´m happy Kickboxing is back on the map via Glory and it would be cool to see big promotions for the other sports as well.
wekka
wekka

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:57 am
As of right now, I believe boxing is heads above the rest. They've really delivered some great fights this year, which is something MMA has kind of been lacking lately.

I just Santiago/Misaki II set the bar too high for what was possible in a truly great match.
rezin
rezin

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 am
Thai Boxing, Shoot Boxing, K-1 style kickboxing, Boxing, Judo, Sumo. The rest I do not care about at all.

Although you could put Judo and Sumo ahead of boxing in that list cause between MT, SB and K-1 I'd
more than get my striking fix.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:25 am
Boxing is my favorite right now. Such a phenomenal yeah of great fights and great moments.
Fisticuffa
Fisticuffa

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 am
Boxing.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 am
wekka wrote:I just Santiago/Misaki II set the bar too high for what was possible in a truly great match.

That is one of my all time favorites.
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:12 am
Muay Thai, boxing, and kickboxing.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am
This is easy, Karate(kudu/full contact) and Judo but thier hard to find so Boxing is tops atm.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:34 pm
Boxing. I also like to watch MMA (obviously), wrestling, sumo and judo, but boxing is still top for me.

I don't mind watching grappling occasionally (gi or no gi), but not so much into it. Sanshou is cool, just haven't ever watched much. Kickboxing can be good. Don't know Muay Thai really and never really watched it, but it is a very interesting sport. Haven't really watched Combat Sambo, but it seems cool. If I actually watched it, maybe it is worth while. I don't mind full contact karate sometimes.

Guess that covers it Smile
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm
I picked

Muay Thai - Who doesn't like watching MT?
Wrestling - I understand it the best as I grew up with it.
Combat Sambo - It's just exciting. Fast standups, striking, and throws.
Boxing - I'll always have a soft spot for watching or partaking in punching someone in the face
Kickboxing - See boxing, but with kicks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum