GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

paulo filho and igor araujo sign with world series of fighting... Empty paulo filho and igor araujo sign with world series of fighting...

Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 pm
paulo filho and igor araujo sign with world series of fighting... Paulo-filho

Lulled by knockout in Ninja, Paulão signs contract with WSOF

No fighting in the United States since November 2008, when he lost his unbeaten record in MMA Chael Sonnen, Paulo Filho will be back to the Land of Uncle Sam in 2013. Entrepreneur of the fighter, Fred Sources revealed that the TATAME black belt in Jiu-Jitsu signed a four-fight with the World Series of Fighting, and makes his debut on March 9, still no opponent set.

Former WEC middleweight champion, Paulo said goodbye to American event with the setback before Sonnen, fighting not won the title since he failed to make weight the day before. Until this fight, Filho had won all 16 matches he played, eight in Pride.

The last 12 fights Son occurred outside the United States, 10 in Brazil. In these duels, the fighter racked up three losses and two draws, winning seven fights. The last time I climbed into a ring, knocked out Murilo Ninja in just 47 seconds.

http://www.tatame.com.br/embalado-por-nocaute-em-ninja-paulao-assina-contrato-com-o-wsof/

also this:

Igor Araujo ‏@igoraraujojj
New life now, i am fighting @MMAWorldSeries can't wait to fight! Tnx God!

and this

MMAWeekly.com ‏@MMAWeeklycom
Dany Lauzon Signs with World Series of Fighting http://ht.ly/gh7GB #MMA @MMAWorldSeries
MR.WILLIE

paulo filho and igor araujo sign with world series of fighting... Empty Re: paulo filho and igor araujo sign with world series of fighting...

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:12 pm
dan lauzon 16-4 nice adition to the 155 division....

igor araujo is 22-6 good to see him at ww....

and paulo filho has been clean and sober, he has been doing fine as a fighter and he deserves another chance at 185 or even as a small lhw...

great work by wsof
MR.WILLIE

paulo filho and igor araujo sign with world series of fighting... Empty Re: paulo filho and igor araujo sign with world series of fighting...

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:24 pm
paulo filho vs thales leites at 185 or filho vs mike ciesnolevicz at 205 sounds good to me..
wekka
wekka

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 pm
I won't put much into the Filho signing until I see him in the cage. If he's on top of his game ever again, he'll be very tough to beat. I just don't believe in him all too much now.

I really do like the Lauzon signing, though. It's got major potential to pan out for him. A fight with Beerbohm down the road sounds just right.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:33 pm
Some good signings. Do they have an official date for their next event and will it be on NBC Sports?
MR.WILLIE

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 pm
CDF47 wrote:Some good signings. Do they have an official date for their next event and will it be on NBC Sports?

one of feb 26th and march 9th....they are working on a multi-year deal with nbc sports that can have mma between 8-12 events depending on scheduelle disponibility....not yet official, they are ironing the final details that will be announce at the beginning of 2013...
MR.WILLIE

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:34 pm
wekka wrote:I won't put much into the Filho signing until I see him in the cage. If he's on top of his game ever again, he'll be very tough to beat. I just don't believe in him all too much now.

I really do like the Lauzon signing, though. It's got major potential to pan out for him. A fight with Beerbohm down the road sounds just right.

lauzon vs beerbohm can happen as soon as wsof 2 and that would be a fight....

araujo is fighting wsof 3, not in wsof2...

and man paulo is a talented crazy guy i really hope he can regain his old and be the beast he was, this guy used to be ranked #1 in the world by alot of people not that long ago...

also wsof is in talks with luiz cane, and he also can make his debut if they can agree to the deal in wsof 3...
Adax

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:51 pm
Hard to envision Filho making any big run again. Ninja VS. Filho 2 was far from solid.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:26 am
I never give up on Filho. If he gets a hold of an arm or leg it´s over.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:23 am
Lofgren wrote:I never give up on Filho. If he gets a hold of an arm or leg it´s over.

Yeah. It doesn't matter to me if he's not at his peak, he still got some fights left in him. Sweet signing by WSOF.

Ray Sefo. I love you
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:16 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Some good signings. Do they have an official date for their next event and will it be on NBC Sports?

one of feb 26th and march 9th....they are working on a multi-year deal with nbc sports that can have mma between 8-12 events depending on scheduelle disponibility....not yet official, they are ironing the final details that will be announce at the beginning of 2013...

Nice. The first event was great so really hope they continue on NBC Sports.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 am
Wolfman wrote:
Lofgren wrote:I never give up on Filho. If he gets a hold of an arm or leg it´s over.

Yeah. It doesn't matter to me if he's not at his peak, he still got some fights left in him. Sweet signing by WSOF.

Ray Sefo. I love you
I would like to see Filho vs Sonnen 3 but that won´t happen. I think Filho can still beat Sonnen. Legit signing by WSOF for sure, I remember the days when Filho was ranked top 3.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:40 pm
Lofgren wrote:
Wolfman wrote:

Ray Sefo. I love you
I would like to see Filho vs Sonnen 3 but that won´t happen. I think Filho can still beat Sonnen. Legit signing by WSOF for sure, I remember the days when Filho was ranked top 3.

i agree with johan, a healthy, sober paulo will kick sonnen's ass...back in the pride and wec days nobody wanted to face this guy, he is a powerhouse athlete....also paulo and ricardo arona are best budies, training partners for a long time and someone in the wsof company has told me that ali(wsof matchmaker) has already talked to arona about making a comeback with wsof, and that would be sweet...and it would make filho to commit to training full time with his friend...
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:45 pm
^

Yeah it would be cool to see him 100% again. Well let's see. It's good that they gave him this chance at least.

The new's on facebook too now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=137434753077668&set=a.133551540132656.29028.127658617388615&type=1&theater
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:51 pm
lol nice pic
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:27 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Lofgren wrote:
Wolfman wrote:

Ray Sefo. I love you

i agree with johan, a healthy, sober paulo will kick sonnen's ass...back in the pride and wec days nobody wanted to face this guy, he is a powerhouse athlete....also paulo and ricardo arona are best budies, training partners for a long time and someone in the wsof company has told me that ali(wsof matchmaker) has already talked to arona about making a comeback with wsof, and that would be sweet...and it would make filho to commit to training full time with his friend...
Arona comeback Shocked Paging Dagwood
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:48 pm
Filho in shape and focus at 185 is a force for anyone

Filhos recent losses only come to guys much larger than him at 205.

He looked awesome vs Murilo Ninja.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:03 pm
stu3ufc wrote:Filho in shape and focus at 185 is a force for anyone

Yeah if he gets his shit together he will def. be a force again.
wekka
wekka

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:36 am

Looking good against Murilo Ninja these days mean absolutely nothing.

Filho has no problem with veterans, he just can't beat those up-comers that he would've destroyed in the past. Antonio Braga Neto, I could understand, but he honestly should have beaten Marcos Rogerio de Lima and NORMAN PARAISY.
Adax

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:56 am
wekka wrote:

Filho has no problem with veterans, he just can't beat those up-comers that he would've destroyed in the past. Antonio Braga Neto, I could understand, but he honestly should have beaten Marcos Rogerio de Lima and NORMAN PARAISY.

Exactly, no one should be putting this much stock into Filho unless he's fighting fucking Xavier Foupa-Pokam or some shit.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am
AudaxSmoke wrote:
wekka wrote:

Exactly, no one should be putting this much stock into Filho unless he's fighting fucking Xavier Foupa-Pokam or some shit.

and wsof will throw him in to the fire......at 185 expect thales leites, branch and at 205 expect rumble johnson, linderman, ciesnolevicz, so his fight will be a step up to the ninja fight, early 2013 they will make some announcements....the dates, the new tv deal, and ive been confirmed by another source that they want ricardo arona badly.....ricardo arona vs rumble johnson would be one of the best main events if indeed they can bring arona...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:02 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
AudaxSmoke wrote:
wekka wrote:

and wsof will throw him in to the fire......at 185 expect thales leites, branch and at 205 expect rumble johnson, linderman, ciesnolevicz, so his fight will be a step up to the ninja fight, early 2013 they will make some announcements....the dates, the new tv deal, and ive been confirmed by another source that they want ricardo arona badly.....ricardo arona vs rumble johnson would be one of the best main events if indeed they can bring arona...

Would be great if they could finally bring back Arona. It just seems every 6 months or so I have been reading about an Arona comeback for the past 6 years that never happens. During that time he actually came back once to fight 3 1/2 years ago and that was it. Hopefully they finally get him back fighting again.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm
Former WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho will return to the United States in 2013 after signing a multi-fight deal with World Series of Fighting.

World Series of Fighting Executive Vice President and matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz confirmed the signing to MMAWeekly.com on Thursday.

Ranked atop the middleweight division for years, Paulo Filho fell from grace after a loss to Chael Sonnen in his final fight in the WEC in 2008.

Since that time Filho has battled with his own personal demons that put him through more trials and tribulations than any MMA fight. At one point he even considered retirement, but ultimately put that on the back burner and got back in the cage to compete.

After a year away from competition, Filho returned in September and defeated former Pride fighter Murilo “Ninja” Rua, and now signs on with World Series of Fighting and is expected to debut in early 2013.

No opponent has been named for Filho’s debut, but he is expected to fight at the next World Series of Fighting card currently rumored for February.

http://ht.ly/gww47

filho fighting in next wsof event, who do you think could face him.....my pick is david branch
Gomi500

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:30 pm
good pick up by WSOF. This will go over fine with hardcore fans
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Former WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho will return to the United States in 2013 after signing a multi-fight deal with World Series of Fighting.

World Series of Fighting Executive Vice President and matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz confirmed the signing to MMAWeekly.com on Thursday.

Ranked atop the middleweight division for years, Paulo Filho fell from grace after a loss to Chael Sonnen in his final fight in the WEC in 2008.

Since that time Filho has battled with his own personal demons that put him through more trials and tribulations than any MMA fight. At one point he even considered retirement, but ultimately put that on the back burner and got back in the cage to compete.

After a year away from competition, Filho returned in September and defeated former Pride fighter Murilo “Ninja” Rua, and now signs on with World Series of Fighting and is expected to debut in early 2013.

No opponent has been named for Filho’s debut, but he is expected to fight at the next World Series of Fighting card currently rumored for February.

http://ht.ly/gww47

filho fighting in next wsof event, who do you think could face him.....my pick is david branch

Can't wait to see him in the WSOF cage. Hope he returns to old form and is over all the past problems he had.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum