GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c...

+15
monaroCountry
nodogoshi
Sodak
Adax
nhbnews
KSW
Dagwood
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Wolfman
stu3ufc
goodnightirene
CDF47
Somnio
TehPackage
MR.WILLIE
19 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c... Empty holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c...

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm
temp_jits 9 puntos 15 días atrás
Before fighting Aleks, did you have any concerns regarding his alleged Hep C diagnosis?
Did it change anything for you... Gameplan

jeffmonsonmma[S] 13 puntos 15 días atrás
It wasn't confirmed to me that he had hepatitis C until just a couple hours before the fight. So I did have a choice I chose to fight. I guess that's why my boxing look so ugly I really didn't want to hit him, lol

jiml78 2 puntos 14 días atrás
I guess that is the real reason for his retirement and why he never tried to fight in the states again....

holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c... T5_2snj8

http://www.reddit.com/r/AnarchistNews/comments/1563yr/jeff_monson_anarchist_mma_fighter_ama/c7jp89y

http://www.cagepotato.com/video-jeff-monson-chokes-the-hepatitis-right-out-of-aleksander-emelianenko-at-m-1-challenge-35/

im a big jeff monson fan, he has to be the fighter of the year imo, but he is crazy.....and its really fucked up for a fucking company to support this kind of shit, they fucking knew aleks was sick and they have promoted him and put people's safety at risk...,,horribly handled by m-1...it fucking sucks
TehPackage
TehPackage

holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c... Empty Re: holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c...

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:37 pm
Pathetic. Sorry but M-1 is a complete joke if they let someone with Hep-C fight. The fact that they told him hours before the fight shows M-1 cares more about money than fighter safety.
Somnio

holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c... Empty Re: holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c...

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm
TehPackage wrote:Pathetic. Sorry but M-1 is a complete joke if they let someone with Hep-C fight. The fact that they told him hours before the fight shows M-1 cares more about money than fighter safety.

I agree. That's a disgusting move on their part. Monson did choose to fight though.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm
Somnio wrote:
TehPackage wrote:Pathetic. Sorry but M-1 is a complete joke if they let someone with Hep-C fight. The fact that they told him hours before the fight shows M-1 cares more about money than fighter safety.

I agree. That's a disgusting move on their part. Monson did choose to fight though.
He never should of had a choice to fight or not.
Somnio

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:46 pm
True
TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 pm
Wheres the outrage people? This is not good for MMA. M-1 clearly does NOT care about fighter safety.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:33 pm
That is BS that they would only tell Monson about it just before the fight. That is not looking out for the safety of their fighters which should be top priority.
goodnightirene

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 pm
m-1 is a f***ing joke.

lost all their good fighters, and the fighters they do have never even fight or defend their belt.

if you support m-1 you are either a pathetic human being who hates on anything successful(ufc) because your life is a joke, or yuou are just scum of the earth hipster.

stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:11 pm
goodnightirene wrote:m-1 is a f***ing joke.

lost all their good fighters, and the fighters they do have never even fight or defend their belt.

if you support m-1 you are either a pathetic human being who hates on anything successful(ufc) because your life is a joke, or yuou are just scum of the earth hipster.

BELLATOR FOR LIFE
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:19 pm
Did they knew it all along or a new test confirmed it?

If it's the first case, that's why i don't put my hand on the fire or give too much credit to anyone or any org. If this is really true i'm very disappointed.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 pm

fu*k it you wont get it anyway, fu*k m-1 if they knew too.

Last edited by PRIDE NEVER DIE on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 pm
Chill out, guys. No need to fight.

Remember a few days back M-1 said they cut Aleks because of a contract issue and stuff. I wonder now if that was what caused this trouble.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 pm
If this is truer and M-1 had testing for hep C confirming prior to booking Monson vs Aleks, it's sad.

I will reserve judgement on this until we here a statement from M-1. A possibility may be that Aleks was not disclose this to M-1 and testing for hep-C wasn't done on Aleks until the Monsoon fight. Mayer Monson requested the test specifically and there wasn't testing or confirmation of results until close to the fight and Jeff chose to fight anyway. Monson needs to provide clarity on all events surrounding this. He needs to make an official public statement for clarity. This is serious stuff.

If things still appear upon further review that M-1 conspired to keep Aleks' hep C from Monson until just prior to the fight, that is reprehensible.

Dagwood
Dagwood

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:51 pm
Wolfman wrote:Chill out, guys. No need to fight.

Remember a few days back M-1 said they cut Aleks because of a contract issue and stuff. I wonder now if that was what caused this trouble.

It was well reported that Aleks was publicly drunk in an airport and fought with an airport employee breaking his jaw. Aleks released a statement following his M-1 contract termination that seemed to say he has some issues he's dealing with and that his personal life including losing his wife has been factor in things surrounding his situation.

Last edited by Dagwood on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:52 pm
holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c... 47504062

holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c... 56039638433009230401002

Dagwood
Dagwood

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:36 am
You'd think if this were true that a very intelligent man with a family like Fedor would not be doing this. Just sayin'.

holy s**t....jeff monson confirms aleksander emelianenko's hepatitis c... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSl73RAbUv13J3LIeAJGcR55NrIrXVpjzmX_MRHn8RsB8DlgBHtxfvsT_90g

KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 am

Take it easy, you don´t have all the facts. Let´s wait and see what M-1 says before we judge anyone.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 pm
the positive test of hepatitis for aleks dates back to the first affliction card, july 19th 2008....pre fight tests....gary goodridge step in 1 day notice and fought paul buentello, at that point the california comission(who is one of the worst by the way) but this time made the right call to not allow aleks to fight and thats why he has never fight in the states, comission rules sustain that if a fighter has some kind of std, blood related or any sickness like this is to call every comission and make it known around the country so nobody can get infected....

so since 2008 m-1 has been on and off as aleksander emelianenko boss and promoter and knew about this and deny everything, i remember aleks wasnt allow to fight in poland for ksw for the same reason and still m-1 promoted and put at risk alot of people's health in play, fighters that are the head of families just to earn money from a human being that its not fucking supposed to be fighting...

this is beyond sick, m-1 leaders are a bunch of mother fuckers beacuse you release the guy for been drunk in an airport but you allow him to fight fucking with hepatitis, wich one is worst????

i like m-1 shows but this is a travesty and its not safe in a fighting sport, i bet that fighters in m-1 fight juiced as hell, beacuse they cant say shit, beacuse if you allow a human being fight sick why dont allow a drugged one fight???? im disturbed by this shit, im a big monson guy, but he is crazy to fight aleks even it was hours before the fight, but its true he made it a grappling fight and thank god he is not sick...
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:16 pm
^

I remember all of those situations, i'm still waiting for an official response but this will be a hard one to explain. If it ends up being true i won't support anymore.

At least Monson is ok after all of this. Had guts accepting it, and did a good job.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:21 pm
Wolfman wrote:^

I remember all of those situations, i'm still waiting for an official response but this will be a hard one to explain. If it ends up being true i won't support anymore.

At least Monson is ok after all of this. Had guts accepting it, and did a good job.

im with you wolf....its going to be almost impossible for them to explain...and they dont deserve our support if indeed true, also happy that jeff is ok...
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 pm
This should not be surprising. M-1 showed total disregard in the Jose Figueora situation by booking him less than three weeks after he was knocked out in 2011. He got knocked out again.

First-round KO loss on Nov. 20, 2011, to Daniel Weichel, then first-round KO loss on December 9, 2011, to Artiom Damkovsky, both on M-1 cards. The second is even more ridiculous, since it was supposed to be regulated by the California commission.

M-1 has not been back in the U.S. since, nor on Showtime.

This article may be by a Zuffa guy, but the basic facts are correct and can be checked easily:

Jose Figueroa Knocked Out Again on M-1 Global Showtime Card

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/12/10/jose-figueroa-knocked-out-again-on-m-1-global-showtime-card
MR.WILLIE

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 pm
nhbnews wrote:This should not be surprising. M-1 showed total disregard in the Jose Figueora situation by booking him less than three weeks after he was knocked out in 2011. He got knocked out again.

First-round KO loss on Nov. 20, 2011, to Daniel Weichel, then first-round KO loss on December 9, 2011, to Artiom Damkovsky, both on M-1 cards. The second is even more ridiculous, since it was supposed to be regulated by the California commission.

M-1 has not been back in the U.S. since, nor on Showtime.

This article may be by a Zuffa guy, but the basic facts are correct and can be checked easily:

Jose Figueroa Knocked Out Again on M-1 Global Showtime Card

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/12/10/jose-figueroa-knocked-out-again-on-m-1-global-showtime-card

yep i remember that one....november 20th vs weichel and booked december 9th vs damkovsky....to make matter worse the first ko he recieved was in 1:50 of the first round...
Adax

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 pm
In no way am I calling Monson a liar, but I don't think such info should be disclosed nor confirmed over some stupid piece of shit hipster info website like reddit.

He could've saved this for NHB or some more legitimate platform at least.
Sodak
Sodak

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:33 pm
I never really believed it until now, Monsons a legit source. Still chill out, its hep C you guys are acting like he has aids. I think it causes liver inflamation in a few people and in rare chronic cases can fuck up your liver but is mostly asymptomatic. Not sure how easy it is to catch but its parenteral and he could probably get it in the fight.

I wouldn't risk it but Monsons a big boy he can make that decision himself. Whats fucked up is they waited hours before the fight to tell him. thats bullshit he should've known the minute they started to set up the fight, He still fought Aleks, but if he had decided not too he would've wasted training, a trip to fucking Russia and possibly interference in booking other fights he could have taken.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:45 pm
I also heard rumours that Aleks has/had Hep B and not Hep C. Let´s wait and see what M-1/Aleks says.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum