GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3

+5
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
MR.WILLIE
adam
backdoor to zuffa
KSW
9 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3 Empty Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:48 pm
Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3 Emelianenkomonson

Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3 Lgendscreencap

A lot of us assumed that the Russian promotion LEGEND would be a one and done show, especially after their expensive looking first event, complete with laser shows, dancers dressed like birds, and PRIDE-esque walkout vidos.  LEGEND 1 featured the likes of Alexander Emelianenko, Bob Sapp, Badr Hari, Dzhabar Askerov, Artur Kyshenko, and other European kickboxing superstars.
Early last month, LEGEND announced their second show set for November- headlined again by Alexander Emelianenko, who would now be taking on recent K-1 Champion Mirko “Cro Cop” Filopovic. While the battle between the two MMA icons is certainly an interesting and long-awaited rematch from the PRIDE days, FSA recently discovered that the third LEGEND show already has a main event, and boy does the younger Emelianenko brother seem to be getting a ton of screentime.

For LEGEND 3, which as of now has no date, Alexander will be stepping into the ring against the dangerous Jeff Monson, who continues to submit highly skilled opponents even at the ripe old age of 42. Monson is currently coming off two losses but he defeated Emelianenko in 2012 at M-1 Challenge 35.

http://fightsportasia.com/2013/07/18/mma-leak-alexander-emelianenko-will-rematch-jeff-monson-at-legend-3-in-russia/
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3 Empty Re: Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:17 pm
aleksander via ko.
adam
adam

Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3 Empty Re: Aleksander Emelianenko Will Rematch Jeff Monson at LEGEND 3

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:27 pm
Cool any news if Badr Hari will be returning at this event?

I know he lost his last fight and I was devastated but I think he could make one more run if he just applied himself.

The talent and skill is there.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:39 pm
i dont want to see it!!!!

aleks will beat him this time, he will not go to the ground in this one...

im a big monson fan, jeff has to be 100% for this to be a good fight not like his oleynik fight in wich he had fought malikov and got his ass kicked twice
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 pm
I think a motivated, conditioned Aleks beats Monson right now. I picked Monson to submit Aleks the first time around, mostly because Aleks was turning in some truly terrible performances. He looked good last time out against a bum, but I was mostly impressed with his conditioning. I think if Aleks keeps on his toes and doesn't tire he boxes his way to a UD or a late TKO.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:02 pm
I am confident that Legend will overtake M-1 pretty soon if they keep this up. They must have some serious financial backings/investors (oligarchs). Which is a good thing in my opinion. I'd like to see Kharitonov rematch Aleks & Monson at Legend in the near future.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:14 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:I think a motivated, conditioned Aleks beats Monson right now. I picked Monson to submit Aleks the first time around, mostly because Aleks was turning in some truly terrible performances. He looked good last time out against a bum, but I was mostly impressed with his conditioning. I think if Aleks keeps on his toes and doesn't tire he boxes his way to a UD or a late TKO.

i agree
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:15 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:I am confident that Legend will overtake M-1 pretty soon if they keep this up. They must have some serious financial backings/investors (oligarchs). Which is a good thing in my opinion. I'd like to see Kharitonov rematch Aleks & Monson at Legend in the near future.

wow!!! do you really think that can happen?

if indeed, m-1 should be worried of the growth of legend right?
wekka
wekka

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:48 pm
Makes sense. Much rather see.Sergei avenge his loss, though.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Aleks is a fucking boss and I feel bad for monson it looks like he's going to take another beating in fact I feel aleks may finish him.

Aleks vs crocop is still very exciting crocop is healthy and has been focused on his striking since his return to k-1 and that will make for a very fun fight.

Crocop,monson,I'd hate to say it but I want aleks in the ufc to fight Barnett,hunt,&big nogg I would cry at the sight lmao.

WAR ALEKS
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:34 pm
Going with Aleks this time
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum