GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November

+8
MR.WILLIE
pithikos
parliamentfunk
KSW
Heretic
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Dagwood
wekka
12 posters
Go down
wekka
wekka

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November Empty Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:13 am
http://valetudo.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5445&Itemid=48

http://fightsite.hr/vijesti-iz-regije/ekskluzivno-cro-cop-vs-emelianenko-u-moskvi

According to both of these articles, a rematch between Aleksander Emelianenko and Mirko Cro Cop is in the works for the end of this year.

Thoughts?

*Topics merged - Dagwood
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November Empty Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:17 am
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November
valetudo.ru - 24.06.2013 12:58 

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November Emelianenko%20alex%20boroda%20350%20438%20logo

At the end of autumn in Russia will be one of the most anticipated rematches in the history of mixed martial arts.

In November, the "Legend" will return to Moscow for the Small Sports Arena "Luzhniki" with a new tournament, the highlight of which will be the battle of the famous Russian heavyweightAlexander Emelianenko vs. Legends of MMA and K-1 from Croatia Mirko "Cro Cop" Povich .

"From the manager Mirko we met at the March Grand Prix K-1 in Zagreb, even then we had the idea to invite" Cro Cop "to perform at the" Legend "by the rules of K-1 or MMA. Deciding to pick up Alexander decent, strong from a sporting point of the opponent, we eventually settled on the candidacy of Mirko., in our opinion, given its popularity, titulovannosti and style it is the best choice for this fight, " - said the head of promotion matchmaking "Legend" Ruslan Suleymanov.

"By Mirko we agreed without any problems. We are pleased that all the stars, no matter what size they are - including those who spoke at the first" Legend "- very kindly arranged for us, and we can easily achieve the desired arrangements.
As for Alexander, we are very impressed with his expressed earlier position - he does not choose opponents and is ready to fight any fighter that we give him. This is true, and we look forward to his meeting with "Cro Cop".

Verbal agreement with the two sides met, the contract is under negotiation - there were just a formality " - said Ruslan.
Aleksander Emelianenko (22-6 MMA) is well known to fans of mixed martial arts promotions performances in PRIDE FC and M-1 Global, where he earned a name for himself, having spent a lot of entertaining fights and won victories over such fighters as James Thompson , Sergei Kharitonov and Konstantin Gluhov . In November last year, Emelianenko announced his retirement. However, after 6 months in an Orthodox monastery on Mount Athos, Alexander returned to the ring in the main fight of the show "Legend" wins by KO 150-pound heavyweightBob Sapp .

His opponent Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovich (22-7 kickboxing, 28-10-2, 1NC MMA) is a living legend of K-1 and MMA. Starting his career in kickboxing in 1996 with a victory over the French puncher Jerome Le Banner, Mirko added to his collection of "scalps" Mike Bernardo , Glaube Feytosy , Peter Aerts, Mark Hunt , Remy Bonjasky and Ray Sefo. Considering that the statements in the K-1 it is not enough, in 2001, "Croatian police" came to MMA, where he became a nightmare for opponents, and an icon for fans

Outstanding kickboxing skills made ​​the Croatian fighter one of the most dangerous strikers in MMA history. His crowning a knockout blow to the head left foot spawned the saying, "Right leg kick to the head - the hospital, the left - a cemetery." On account of "Cro Cop" wins over biggest stars of his time - Wanderlei Silva, Igor Vovchanchin, Kevin Randelmenom, Mark Coleman andJosh Barnett .

August 15, 2004 in the tournament Pride Conflict Mirko met with Alexander Emelianenko , who at that time had only 3 fights as a pro. Furious, going head-on fight ended dramatically in the third minute of the first round when "Cro Cop" branded on his left foot to the head and then finishing moves in the pit of Alexander sent a knockout.
After 9 years, they are destined to meet again.

In March, Mirko won the title of champion of K-1 World Grand Prix 2012 Final in Zagreb, thus becoming the only person on the planet to win a Grand Prix in the K-1 and PRIDE FC.Emelianenko also during his stay at the monastery seriously revised its outlook on life and training, returning to service in great shape, with a new image and a "hungry" to win.
In November, at a tournament in Moscow "Legend" will be staged bold point in one of the most intense confrontations of mixed martial arts - Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Povich.

Let's discuss this fight together for our ValeTudo.ru.

http://valetudo.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5445&Itemid=48
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November Empty Re: Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:22 am

No interest in this whatsoever. Both are completely finished.
Heretic
Heretic

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November Empty Re: Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 am
ugly rematch....
KSW
KSW

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 am
cheers Aleks will get his revenge
parliamentfunk
parliamentfunk

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:13 am
Aleks by UD
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 am
The top billing on this card is a lot better than but a few UFC cards. The fight I'm sure will be a lot better than most UFC marquee fights. A lot less endless dry humping on the ground or relentless struggles for positional dominance up against the cage I'm guessing.

If I was in Moscow I'd buy a ticket. UFC Winnipeg or Calgary or any where else in Canada... not so much.
pithikos

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 am

after 9 years the rematch. I think Alex takes it this time
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:08 am
^ Nice!
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 am
Nicer...

MR.WILLIE

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:04 pm
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November 6206_403226303123692_1348254392_n.0_standard_352.0
KSW
KSW

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:17 pm
pithikos wrote:

Badass! Cop looks like the terminator
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:20 pm
People shouldn't be so quick to dismiss this fight.

Aleks is serious and still has a lot left I don't agree he's finished he has serious camps and looks in good shape.came in great against useless sapp so him vs crocop he should be bak in great fighting shape.

Crocop is older but is coming off his very successful return to Kickboxing meaning he's been training and in shape for Kickboxing/ fighting fir a while now.

With crocop refocused on striking training in Europe and aleks refocused this fight should never hit the ground until a limp body does.

Crocop isn't as bad off as made out to be crocop in ufc was like big nogg when he first got there plagued with injury and never able to recover from surgerys all the way.he always came back too quick and yiy could tell his knee and hip couldn't turn over or react like usual.

Crocop is back as far as his punching
Technique and crispness in his kicks.

For me I love this fight rematch I've wanted thought I'd never get it.I would loved to see fedor vs crocop rematch but aleks will do.

Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:23 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
pithikos wrote:

Badass! Cop looks like the terminator
Legend & Fight Nights fight posters are epic. Smile
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:24 pm
fka wrote:People shouldn't be so quick to dismiss this fight.

Aleks is serious and still has a lot left I don't agree he's finished he has serious camps and looks in good shape.came in great against useless sapp so him vs crocop he should be bak in great fighting shape.

Crocop is older but is coming off his very successful return to Kickboxing meaning he's been training and in shape for Kickboxing/ fighting fir a while now.

With crocop refocused on striking training in Europe and aleks refocused this fight should never hit the ground until a limp body does.

Crocop isn't as bad off as made out to be crocop in ufc was like big nogg when he first got there plagued with injury and never able to recover from surgerys all the way.he always came back too quick and yiy could tell his knee and hip couldn't turn over or react like usual.

For me I love this fight rematch I've wanted thought I'd never get it.I would loved to see fedor vs crocop rematch but aleks will do.

I agree.
KSW
KSW

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:31 pm
fka wrote:People shouldn't be so quick to dismiss this fight.

Yes this is a legit matchup. Aleks dominated Gluhov who´s #2 on our rankings and Cro Cop is the current K-1 champ.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:42 pm
Seeing him take the k-1 crown was epic tho I don't think he would be so successful in glory I respect his drive and ability damn impressive.

This is the biggest pride hw rematch in years ufc never does any pride vs pride fights.

I wish they would do hunt vs big nogg
But now with Barnett the biggest rematch would be nogg vs Barnett or Barnett vs hunt 2.

Biggest fights ever that never happened
Barnett vs fedor or fedor vs Couture IMO
I liked the idea of Brock vs fedor but not even close compared to the other 2
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:44 pm
very pumped for this fight just because i've always wanted to see Aleks avenge his loss eventhough GOAT already had that taken care of
KSW
KSW

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:47 pm
fka wrote:Seeing him take the k-1 crown was epic tho I don't think he would be so successful in glory I respect his drive and ability damn impressive.

This is the biggest pride hw rematch in years ufc never does any pride vs pride fights.

I wish they would do hunt vs big nogg
But now with Barnett the biggest rematch would be nogg vs Barnett or Barnett vs hunt 2.

Biggest fights ever that never happened
Barnett vs fedor or fedor vs Couture IMO
I liked the idea of Brock vs fedor but not even close compared to the other 2

UFC always tried to build other fighters on wins against the old PRIDE guys.

F#ck Zuffa Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November 4086640091
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:37 pm
allforroy (the UG) wrote:Right leg, hospital. Left leg, monastery.

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November 3973136183
KSW
KSW

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:38 pm
Dagwood wrote:
allforroy (the UG) wrote:Right leg, hospital. Left leg, monastery.

Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November 3973136183
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop II at Legend event in Moscow in November 980314008
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:19 pm
Good fight.  Wonder if CC will still be able to smash him like last time.
wekka
wekka

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:01 pm
CDF47 wrote:Good fight.  Wonder if CC will still be able to smash him like last time.
I don't think Cro Cop mixes strikes as well as he used to, his boxing is really lacking these days.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:26 pm
wekka wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Good fight.  Wonder if CC will still be able to smash him like last time.
I don't think Cro Cop mixes strikes as well as he used to, his boxing is really lacking these days.

Yeah, it could be a different story this time around.  Wouldn't be surprised if Aleks takes this one.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:49 pm
I have Aleks winning by SUB
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum