GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson

+11
nodogoshi
KSW
brace
bellend
rezin
Apres Moi
Lovable Rogue
RussianTopTeam
Dapperdoo
Kinosis
monaroCountry
15 posters
Go down
monaroCountry

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Empty M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:24 pm
WAR FEDOR!!!

Putin has even said that Fedor was like a family, after seeing his fight. I've got a message for Dana "little Hitler" White, Smile.
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Vladimir-putin-fedor-emelianenko-2011-11-20-12-31-40

M-1 Global results: Fedor Emelianenko cruises in win over Jeff Monson
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Nov 20, 2011

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Fedor-emelianenko-27
It made not have been a vintage Fedor Emelianenko performance, but it ended victoriously like so many other of his fights did prior to a recent three-fight skid in Strikeforce.

Returning home to his native Russia and facing veteran globetrotter Jeff Monson in the headliner of Sunday's "M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson" event, Emelianenko cruised.

Emelianenko won the pay-per-view fight via clear-cut unanimous decision.

The bout took place at Olympic Stadium in Moscow and aired in the early-morning hours in North America.

After a split with Strikeforce a few months ago following consecutive losses to Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson, Emelianenko – a former PRIDE champion who was long considered the world's top heavyweight – returned to M-1 Global to fight an experienced opponent. However, Monson had little to offer the Russian and continually failed to get the fight to the mat, where the renowned grappler had his best shot at victory.

Instead, Emelianenko treated the fight much like a kickboxing match, and he dropped Monson on multiple occasions – including three times in a dominant second round –with single shots. However, unlike Strikeforce, where his aggression sometimes proved an unwise gamble, he remained patient, refused to follow his opponent to the mat, and simply chopped him down with stinging leg kicks and lunging punches once they were standing.

By the third round, Monson was battered and bloodied, and his flatfooted fighting style and telegraphed shots made him easy prey.

Emelianenko didn't get the finish, but he thoroughly dominated the fight to pick up the judges' nod.

Emelianenko (32-4) picks up his first victory in more than two years while Monson (43-13) suffers just his second loss in nine fights.

After the fight, Emelianenko manager Vadim Finkelstein hinted that the fighter could meet Olympic gold medalist Satoshi Ishii at DREAM's big year-end event in Japan.
Kinosis
Kinosis

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Empty Re: M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:28 pm
Awesome, I was curious what all was said after the fight. I was also happy to see Fedor fighting smart and not overly aggressive.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Empty Re: M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 pm
seeing plastic-putin shaking hands with a happy fedor is a sight for the eyes
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:16 pm
Putin has my VOTE
monaroCountry

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:36 pm
Plastic Putin?

Thats one bad ass Prime Minister right there. The guy has fighting and combat credentials that would shame many top MMA ground fighters. I think Putin was even part of the Russian Judo squad, and Judo in Russia is no joke.

In Soviet Russia president assassinates you, so Dana White beware when you see Putin.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 pm
plastic putin because he had plastic surgery.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:40 pm
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Illustration_fedor_emelianenko

YEMELYANYENKAAAAAAAAAA
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:43 pm
Plastic Putin is P4P top 3 greatest leaders in Russian history
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:55 pm
he is. but he's still plastic putin.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:12 pm
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Tumblr_lfp36aM9zE1qdrbtbo1_500
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:32 pm
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson 110926putin--131704267274110300
Lovable Rogue

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:01 pm
I like Putin for the simple reason that he drives the corporate puppets in government here in the US out of their fucking minds.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:48 pm
I saw Josh Gross on twitter said this event was big. Sold out 22,000 seats (bigger than most ufc cards) and is state sponsored, so he thinks MMA in Russia will be huge.`
monaroCountry

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:26 pm
MMA is already huge in Russia, its fractured though since they have so many combat sports. MMA would be bigger with state approval (getting there) and Olympic status. I like what Vadim and M1 is doing with MMA in Russia, they are trying to run it as a proper sport (notice the more subdued and respectful fighters and the more respectful and knowledgeable audience) and not as some barbaric show.

Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:04 pm
monaroCountry wrote:MMA is already huge in Russia, its fractured though since they have so many combat sports. MMA would be bigger with state approval (getting there) and Olympic status. I like what Vadim and M1 is doing with MMA in Russia, they are trying to run it as a proper sport (notice the more subdued and respectful fighters and the more respectful and knowledgeable audience) and not as some barbaric show.

I wish MMA in the U.S. was like that. Sad
monaroCountry

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:08 pm
Not a chance.

UFC has garbage setup and everyone seems to be following their WWE style setup. One good thing is that at least Bellator has a tournament style which is great.
monaroCountry

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 pm
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson Fyodor-o
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson 2
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson 1
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson 4
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson 5
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:57 pm
monaroCountry wrote:
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson 5

Fedor striking looked very sharp and quick. He threw many beautiful, accurate crosses this morning. Nice use of low kicks - I have never seen Fedor flex his chest muscles. Razz

WAR Monson.
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 pm
what was the compustrike stats

was it reem/rogers like? Twisted Evil
rezin
rezin

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:15 pm
It doesn't matter who is in the room, dictators, tyrants, the president of the USA. When Putin walks in, he's boss. They all know it.

Incredible presence.
bellend
bellend

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:50 pm
monaroCountry wrote:...I like what Vadim and M1 is doing with MMA in Russia, they are trying to run it as a proper sport (notice the more subdued and respectful fighters and the more respectful and knowledgeable audience) and not as some barbaric show.

Yes, I liked this about the production. It had much more a feel of a real sporting contest, almost like an Olympic boxing or a traditional martial arts event. There was a little glitz and some clear nods to Pride, but this was generally tastefully done. I hope M1 continue with this approach.

Putin's presence was significant and also a good indicator that M1 is getting the presentation right. I can hardly imagine the former head of state would have countenanced an event involved scripted 'trash talk', knockouts set to heavy metal 'music' or pan shots of numskulls shrieking for the camera.
monaroCountry

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:58 pm
Putin's family was also there along with the Russian president Dmitry Medvedev. Thats just a BOSS showing right there by M1-Global.

rezin
rezin

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:16 pm
monaroCountry wrote:along with the Russian president Dmitry Medvedev

Excuse me but there is only one Russian president and his name is Vladimir Putin.
brace
brace

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:22 pm
rezin wrote:
monaroCountry wrote:along with the Russian president Dmitry Medvedev

Excuse me but there is only one Russian president and his name is Vladimir Putin.

No one is supposed to know this..
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:31 pm
did Fedor get a new wife? she looks different from the one we saw last year, this dude is a major PIMP
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum