GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson

+11
nodogoshi
KSW
brace
bellend
rezin
Apres Moi
Lovable Rogue
RussianTopTeam
Dapperdoo
Kinosis
monaroCountry
15 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 Empty Re: M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:02 am
I feel very optimistic about mma after this classy M-1 event and Fedors world class performance.

After the fight, Emelianenko manager Vadim Finkelstein hinted that the fighter could meet Olympic gold medalist Satoshi Ishii at DREAM's big year-end event in Japan.

M-1/DREAM co-promotion FTW
KSW
KSW

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 Empty Re: M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:07 am
monaroCountry wrote:M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 Fyodor-o
Holy haberdashery, Batman! He looked bigger and stronger than ever.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:08 am
2. Allowed techniques

While in upright position a fighter is allowed to make kicking and punching techniques. One is no longer in upright position if any other body part than the feet is touching the ground. Knee techniques to the head are allowed during the standing fight. During the ground fight knee techniques are allowed only to the body. Techniques of wrestling, judo and jiu jitsu may be used in all positions during the fight Elbows are only allowed to the body and legs. Punches to the head are allowed in all standing situations If both fighters are on the floor they are not allowed to use kicking techniques to the head. If one is standing and the other is not in upright position, the fighter who stands is not allowed to kick or knee to the head.

Criteria for the Judges decision

1. Effort to finish the fight by KO or submission
2. Damage
3. Standing combinations and ground control
4. Takedowns and defense
5. Aggressiveness
6. Weight differences (15 Kilos or more at heavyweight)
7. Stamina and Physical endurance

1. Effort to finish by KO or submission

Fighters who are striking with force and intention that may result in a KO will be awarded in this criteria, that applies both standing and on the ground. “Catch” or near submissions, as well as multiple attempts will score in this criteria.

2. Damage

Any strike that does damage or accumulations of strikes that result in damage are awarded here. Damage may be visible such as a cut or bruised leg, or it may be shown by an opponent’s reaction to a strike such as favoring a leg that has been kicked or turning away from a body shot. A near submission may also result in damage points.

3. Standing combinations and ground control

When a fighter lands a skillful combination of strikes while standing, they are awarded this criteria. Ground control is awarded by achieving dominant positions and holding them. Dominant positions are side control, mount, back mount with hooks, knee ride, and north-south. Neutral positions are standing and in guard. Fighters are encouraged to strive for dominant position throughout the fight.

4. Takedown and defense

A skillfully executed takedown will score in this category, repeatedly stopping your opponent’s takedown will also score in this category. Multiple takedowns, even if not executed skillfully will also score here.

5. Aggressiveness

The fighter who is pressing the action while standing, seeking dominant position on the ground and working to finish the match, will score here.

6. Weight difference

If a fighter is more than 15 Kilos lighter at heavyweight, then he will be given an advantage here. This is only taken into consideration when the higher criteria are even.

7. Stamina and physical endurance

If it’s an even fight, the fighter who showed better stamina and physical endurance in the end, will get the advantage.
Negative points – yellow cards

When the fighters are fighting as demanded by the criteria, there is no need for interference from referees or judges. However, when a fighter is not fighting in this manner, then he may receive a yellow card penalty. The fighters are encouraged to engage and strike or attempt takedowns when standing, by the referee’s command of “action.” When on the ground, fighters are encouraged to seek dominant positions, forced reversals or return to the feet by the referee’s command of “improve position.” When in a dominant position, a fighter is encouraged to finish by effective striking or submission by the referee’s command of “work to finish.” If either fighter does not obey the command and actively seek dominant positions and finishes, they may receive a yellow card, which will result in a negative point deduction. Any intentional or unintentional foul or unsportsmanlike conduct may also result in a yellow card and negative point. If a foul is committed by a fighter who is in a disadvantaged position during the ground fight, the referee will stop the fight and order them to stay in the same position. He will then give the yellow card and let them resume the fight. If the fighter who committed the foul was in advantage position he will get the yellow card and the fight will be resumed standing up.
Judges Decision

It is the responsibility of three side judges to judge the contest fairly and without prejudice. This is based on an overall impression such as willingness to fight, aggressiveness, better endurance and technique. After the fight, each judge must independently decide which fighter was better or if he/she scored the fight as a draw. An official warning results in a minus point on each of the judges’ scoring sheets.

* Unanimous Decision: The result is Unanimous Decision when all the judges score the same fighter as the winner. The winner is the fighter who was scored by all judges to win the fight
* Majority Decision: The result is Majority Decision when two judges score the same fighter as the winner and the third judge scores the fight draw. The winner is the fighter who was scored by two judges to win the fight
* Split Decision: The result is Split Decision when two judges score the same fighter as the winner and the third judge scores the opponent as the winner. The winner is the fighter who was scored by two judges to win the fight
* Unanimous Draw: The result is Unanimous Draw when all the judges score the match even. Neither fighter is the winner
* Majority Draw: The result is Majority Draw when two judges score the match even and the third judge scores either fighter as the winner. Neither fighter is the winner.
* Split Draw: The result is Split Draw when one judge scores the match even, one judge scores the fighter from red corner as the winner and one judge scores the fighter from blue corner as the winner. Neither fighter is the winner

7. Forbidden techniques

Techniques that can lead to disqualification are:

* Head butts
* Elbow techniques above the shoulders
* Attacking the groin
* Piledriving
* Pinching
* Squeezing the Adam’s apple
* Striking the throat, neck or spinal cord
* Kicking and knee techniques towards the joints
* Kicking and knee techniques to the head during the groundfight
* If one of the fighters is not in upright position and the groundfight has not commenced yet, the other is not allowed to kick or knee to the head. Someone is on the ground if he has any other part of his body on the ground than his feet
* Punching the head during the groundfight if it is not an A-class fight
* Biting, spitting, scratching
* Hair pulling
* Small joint manipulation. Finger locks (four or more fingers is allowed)
* Poking fingers in the eyes
* Fishhook (fingers in opponent’s mouth)
* Use of oil, grease and balms on the body
* Hitting with the open hand
* Hitting, punching or kicking after the command ‘BREAK’, or ‘STOP’ of the ring referee
* Hitting, punching or kicking when someone is outside the ropes
* While in upright position and having an opponent in a neck lock it is not allowed to drag him, throw him or even try to throw him, unless an arm is included
* Neck twisting techniques
* If a fighter wears wrestling shoes he is not allowed to kick to his opponent’s head
* Unsportsman-like conduct
* Intentionally avoiding the fight
* Insulting the referee, opponent or spectators
* Intentionally throwing the opponent out of the ring
* Holding the ring ropes in such a way in order to lock or fix the opponent, or holding to the ropes in a clinch position
* Intentionally spitting out the mouth protector
* Pretending to be hit in the groin
* Not following the commands of the referee
* The use of weapons, sticks, bars and other foreign objects

If a fighter performs one of the above-mentioned manoeuvres, the referee will give a caution in case of a minor violation. In case of a repeated or a major violation he will give an official warning. In case of serious misdemeanour or violation of the rules the referee can stop de fight immediately and disqualify the offender without an official warning The referee should inform the head of judges hereof with a clear gesture or with a yellow card.

Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:29 am
This is one of the huge differences from Unified Rules I've been trying to get out there.

TD - 1 pt
TD Stuff - 1pt

This is badly needed in the Unified Rules.

Criteria for the Judges decision

4. Takedowns and (Takedown) defense

- A skillfully executed takedown will score in this category
- Repeatedly stopping your opponent’s takedown will also score in this category.
- Multiple takedowns, even if not executed skillfully will also score here.

KOTC>UFC

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:07 pm
M-1 is going to overtake the UFC in 10 years. It will buy out the husk of Zuffa in 15. It will become the new Pride, but this time, won't get gobbled up by the Bald One and his mafioso puppet-masters. People constantly whine about how terrible Vadim and M-1 have been Fedor's legacy, but little do they know that he is about to launched into a more illustrious. Hopefully he KO's Zuffa's Heavyweight Hero of the week, JDS (which I'm sure stands for Just Does Striking), prove he is the greatest ever to all the Zuffa Zombies, then dedicate himself fulltime to helping M-1 run Zuffa into the ground.
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:43 am
KOTC>UFC wrote:M-1 is going to overtake the UFC in 10 years. It will buy out the husk of Zuffa in 15. It will become the new Pride, but this time, won't get gobbled up by the Bald One and his mafioso puppet-masters. People constantly whine about how terrible Vadim and M-1 have been Fedor's legacy, but little do they know that he is about to launched into a more illustrious. Hopefully he KO's Zuffa's Heavyweight Hero of the week, JDS (which I'm sure stands for Just Does Striking), prove he is the greatest ever to all the Zuffa Zombies, then dedicate himself fulltime to helping M-1 run Zuffa into the ground.

I dont think Fedor really cares about Zuffa and UFC to be honest. BUT if M1 does explode and grow huge in the future then Fedor's retirement, his goal of the growth of MMA, and his legacy will be secured no matter what he or any body elses say. A bit like Oscar DeLa Hoya and his Golden Boy Promotions, 20 years from now after Oscar have retired people will still remember him through his promotions and the top fighters that fought in it (if it still exist).

Most smart fighter knows that their fighting legacy isnt very long or be remembered as much. Most famous sportsmen are known because of what they did outside the sport i.e. Ali is most remembered by his political stance and his achievements for African-Americans. Without Ali's stance he would be nothing more than a high achieving African American boxer.
monaroCountry

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:04 am
Some great article by Jeff Monson on his trip and fight in Russia. The guy is a true warrior and very respectful and appreciative. Its no wonder hes become a fan favorite in Russia.

From: http://mma-connection.com/mma/jeff-monson/jeff-monson-the-russia-trip/

Jeff Monson – The Russia Trip
Jeff Monson | November 28, 2011 |

Well guys I had a very frustrating fight as you know. Trained really hard on getting in on the inside but didn’t carry out the game plan at all for some reason. So basically we ended up having a kickboxing match. That didn’t turn out so good…lol.

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 20111128-114530
Ended up breaking my leg in the second round from the one kick I checked in the match. After the fight I had a choice of two hospitals. One for everyday folks and one for visitors and government officials. I picked the local everyday folk hospital as I was told it was closer to the arena. I’m obviously not a big fan of the medical industrial complex in the US as it is profit driven however, the experience at this hospital did make me appreciate the comfort of health care in this country. Upon arrival there were ER staff smoking in the lobby. The hallways were full of wandering patients that looked like they were just out of a civil war battle. I had to fight with one of the doctors to avoid having my skull x-rayed. Eventually I got an x-ray for my leg which showed it was broken (something I already knew) and had it casted. I got 16 stitches on the inside and outside of my lip with a material that could of passed for chicken wire. It was so sharp it was making my gums bleed so I took them out myself. Saying that, the doctors were very kind and despite the inadequate medical equipment/supplies they knew what they were doing.

The most difficult part to be honest was trying to make it back to the US on crutches and in a cast. On crutches now but out of the cast, so that’s good.

Before the fight I did three seminars which went very well. I had between 75-85 people at each one. The students were very enthusiastic and had a higher skill level than what I thought. I got to train with the students at the end of the seminars and everyone was very determined and respectful. Participation in sport is taken very seriously. The seminar for the anarchist on Saturday was fantastic. I met a lot of very cool people. Disappointed I didn’t have more time there. Very much looking forward to going back in the Spring to Moscow and St Petersburg.

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 20111128-114537
There’s a big rumor reported by the media that I beat up two police officers to help a homeless man. The truth is a homeless man was being assaulted by police in the subway. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up and walked with him for a bit but I never talked to or touched the officers. I’ve gotten a lot of support and I really appreciate it. I know the fight didn’t go as I planned and that hurts more than the body.

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 20111128-114522
Going to train hard to win the next fight. As a last note, Fedor is a class act and actually came into the locker room after the fight to check on me and felt bad I injured my leg. As far as Putin and the booing at the end of the fight, well that’s another story at some other time…………
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:35 pm
Who is that hot chick in blue standing next to Marat Safin during the Fedor v Monson fight?

Hot hot hot.
M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 19288
KSW
KSW

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:40 pm
smokin
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:54 pm
monaroCountry wrote:Who is that hot chick in blue standing next to Marat Safin during the Fedor v Monson fight?

Hot hot hot.

The girl in the middle is the Russian spy that was busted in the US earlier this year, she is celebrated back in Russia for spying on the US.

WAR ANNA CHAPMAN

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 Chapman_01
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:
monaroCountry wrote:Who is that hot chick in blue standing next to Marat Safin during the Fedor v Monson fight?

Hot hot hot.

The girl in the middle is the Russian spy that was busted in the US earlier this year, she is celebrated back in Russia for spying on the US.

WAR ANNA CHAPMAN

M1 GLOBAL - Fedor Emelianenko win over Jeff Monson - Page 2 Chapman_01

I heard about her but never realized how hot she was. Smokin hot, she can spy on me any day bounce bounce bounce
Starving Hobo
Starving Hobo

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:28 pm
KOTC>UFC wrote:M-1 is going to overtake the UFC in 10 years. It will buy out the husk of Zuffa in 15. It will become the new Pride, but this time, won't get gobbled up by the Bald One and his mafioso puppet-masters. People constantly whine about how terrible Vadim and M-1 have been Fedor's legacy, but little do they know that he is about to launched into a more illustrious. Hopefully he KO's Zuffa's Heavyweight Hero of the week, JDS (which I'm sure stands for Just Does Striking), prove he is the greatest ever to all the Zuffa Zombies, then dedicate himself fulltime to helping M-1 run Zuffa into the ground.

Their last event was awesome on the main event (the Morgan Freeman intro etc, very good!), but I don't see them going anywhere... The UFC is too well marketed in major countries like the US, United Kingdom and other English speaking countries... And Brazil. It's at the point where some people call MMA "ultimate fighting"/"UFC fighting" and "train UFC" (looool).

I'm not sure how long M-1 will last.
brace
brace

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:36 pm
It doesn't really matter if you're not sure, as we support M-1 here along with all major global MMA.
Adax

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:48 pm
is M-1 not Russia's major org at the moment? Suspect

just because M-1 may not be able to make huge waves in the Americas right away doesn't mean its organization won't last, that's gotta be impossible if M-1 has that big of a country's audience in Russia's to fall back on.. too me that's like saying you're not sure how long DEEP will last just because they don't have market outside of Japan Rolling Eyes
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:08 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:is M-1 not Russia's major org at the moment? Suspect

just because M-1 may not be able to make huge waves in the Americas right away doesn't mean its organization won't last, that's gotta be impossible if M-1 has that big of a country's audience in Russia's to fall back on.. too me that's like saying you're not sure how long DEEP will last just because they don't have market outside of Japan Rolling Eyes

Better yet, I dont see the UFC going anywhere since their Western MMA market is decreasing and they cant seem to get any inroads to non English speaking countries.....M-1 is just too well marketed in CIS countries and pretty much all of Europe apart from UK.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:28 pm
M-1 isn't going anywhere, they rule the European market just like the UFC rules the North Ameerican market
monaroCountry

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 pm
Exactly,
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum