GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up

+8
Dagwood
CDF47
wekka
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Adax
RussianTopTeam
KSW
ZuffaKiller
12 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up  Empty Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 am
We need two guys to host a radio show for this site so they can speak about the MMA world form : fighters, teams, rules different orgs and the people behind the scenes.
Conducting interviews with fighters, coaches ect.
Hyping up the G-MMA ranking in the radio broadcast is something aswell.
I think for the first broadcast Eddie Goldman should be interviewed.

The name of the Show could be Global MMA Talk

I suggested johan step it up with a monthly video of the updated rankings with showing the fighters name, his picture and video footage of him kicking ass to be put on youtube.

Maybe we could have Audax go to Ceasar Gracie gym and make a video blog about some of the fighters there maybe even have Nodogoshi or CREAM 17 do vlogs at mma gyms like T-Blood, Yoshida dojo, Grabaka, or Ryo Chonans gym.

regardless we need to step this site up!

KSW
KSW

Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up  Empty Re: Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:07 am
Agree, I´ll see if I have time to do the vids but it will take a lot of time and I´m very busy with family life. I´m hoping other members on the team can step up and make the vids and stuff.
ZuffaKiller

Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up  Empty Re: Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 am
maybe IQ or stu could make the videos pm them Johan
KSW
KSW

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:38 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:maybe IQ or stu could make the videos pm them Johan
Yes but it´s best if the team takes care of everything. We´ll figure something out.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:30 am
What program do you suggest we do the radio on? I'm not familiar with the whole podcast community

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:33 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:
Maybe we could have Audax go to Ceasar Gracie gym and make a video blog about some of the fighters there maybe even have Nodogoshi or CREAM 17 do vlogs at mma gyms like T-Blood, Yoshida dojo, Grabaka, or Ryo Chonans gym.

Hah cool thought but I'm not really close to Stockton at all. To be honest I don't really consider Stockton and what not "Nor Cal", they're more "Upper Mid Cal" hahaha. But yeah it'd be a several hour drive south from where I am (I don't have my license BTW) and besides I don't have video equipment nor mobile audio recording devices.

RussianTopTeam wrote:What program do you suggest we do the radio on? I'm not familiar with the whole podcast community

This is a little more up my ally though. For something simple to just record the audio I'd suggest a program like Audacity (free) http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ which is basic and easy to learn with. Assuming the show would be made/conducted over Skype, you just need to figure out some menu options to route the audio back into the program to record. You'd then render the audio file and it's a matter of deciding where to host online as there are a lot of options. You're best bet is to have multiple hosts (direct DL, iTunes, soundcloud, PodOmatic, stitcher, etc.) to give listeners more ways to hear it, like how Eddie does with NHB.

I could sit in on the shows and try to engineer it if someone wanted to host and outline a focus for the show and different episodes, decide the topics to discuss in the time frame or whatever. I'm just not a good forward guy to be the driving voice of a radio show but I'd be glad to try and help. The main thing I'd look to do is put stability in the show's audio for comfortable listening, I seriously doubt any of us have the same gear (headphones/mics) so I'd be in charge of balancing anyone's audio involved.

Let me know what you guys think!
ZuffaKiller

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:06 pm
Great insight audax hopefully this should answer RTT questions.

If we can find some one who have a HD video camera and does not mind going to some mma gyms to do a video blog that would be great. help promote mma gyms especially unknown mma gyms and up and coming fighters that will be great.
Adax

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:08 pm
TT radio even did livestream for the audio over Ustream to give a broadcast element to it, maybe we could something like that since it was a cool technique, people could chime in live from our chat here.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:16 pm
Im in on this I have a lot of shit to say...but what program? I know you can make 30 minute live radio shows on blogtalkradio

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
wekka
wekka

Tue May 21, 2013 12:47 am
I definitely think more original content and a radio show would be HUGE leaps of progression for G-MMA.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 21, 2013 3:11 am
^Agreed.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
wekka
wekka

Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 am
For articles, I think there needs to be the right amount of opinion and education. Enough flair to differentiate us from the rest. There has to be humor, seriousness, etc.
KSW
KSW

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:16 am
monaro why don´t you post more? Everyone on the team needs to contribute to the discussion as much as possible. It doesn´t take much time. I would love to hear your thoughts on our rankings. I would like to hear everyones opinion on our rankings since they´re very important for our site.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 am
I'm not good with rankings anymore because frankly, they are meaningless to me now that Fedor is retired. Rankings were relevant back in the PRIDE days.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:49 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:I'm not good with rankings anymore because frankly, they are meaningless to me now that Fedor is retired. Rankings were relevant back in the PRIDE days.

Rankings really don't mean anything outside of college sports and even then, its still just as objective. Rankings have really never been used to their fullest effect in combat sports.

I think our rankings work in the sense that we're giving these guys some promotion in a media that's dominated by North American mma.
KSW
KSW

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:13 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:I'm not good with rankings anymore because frankly, they are meaningless to me now that Fedor is retired. Rankings were relevant back in the PRIDE days.
It´s  not just about ranking fighters it´s about giving them credit and introducing them to the zombie masses. The non-zuffa promotions and fighters is the reason to why we created this place.

I think everyone on the G-MMA team should follow the fighters on our rankings. This is important for our site/forum.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 am

It's OK not to be into rankings anymore. I kinda look at it the same way. 

I think the G-MMA rankings expose people to good fighters they may not be aware of. Even the idiots that see G-MMA rankings on Sherdog and elsewhere who knock them are still exposed to new fighters. Then when these fighters start smashing guys in Bellator or the UFC it either hits home with them... or makes them look like more of an idiot than they already are.

For me... I was drawn to MMA by the technical nature of Royce, Sakuraba, Fedor, and guys like that. It was beautiful. When J-MMA collapsed & Fedor retired it did feel like that died to me. I avoid most UFC fights now and the UFC non-technical, non-submission, and bad kickboxing fighting style. I've found that the things I luv'd about MMA still do exist in eastern-Euro & former-USSR MMA. Some world-class technical fighters & very well-rounded & before they even come to MMA. The fighting style there is very different. Submitting or KO'ing opponents is the sole focus. No stalling. No running. No using the ropes to help up you get up or to pin your opponent endlessly to. Dominant position is BS in the end really. Like in a real fight, it's about how bad the other looks at the end of the fight or if he can't/won't continue. This has kept me going.

Keep your head up RTT. Don't give up, you'll get your groove back.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:22 pm
I don´t think you guys realize the potential of our G-MMA Rankings. The rankings are unique and we´re the first doing this so we have a huge advantage against other mma forums/sites.

Our rankings should be all over the internet and I hope the members on the team can spread them and tell people about our site.

Everytime someone wants to look up who are the best fighters or prospects outside UFC they should think about the Global-MMA Rankings and go to our site.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:39 pm
You misunderstanding what I am saying. I meant that I personally am not that into rankings. Following them closely and all. I still think G-MMA's are a great thing for us to have. For me it's really about the promotion of the non-UFC fighters from all over the world rather than where they place.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:44 pm
Dagwood wrote:You misunderstanding what I am saying. I meant that I personally am not that into rankings. Following them closely and all. I still think G-MMA's are a great thing for us to have. For me it's really about the promotion of the non-UFC fighters from all over the world rather than where they place.
I know you understand but some other members here don´t seem to understand the importance of our rankings. I want the team to be like a Global MMA hype machine and walk right through other websites. It´s crucial for us to hype the fighters on our rankings and promotions like M-1, KSW and Bellator.
KSW
KSW

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:28 am
Sweet pea do you have some master plan for us to promote the site and find new members?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:52 am
^ We need to figure out how to join M-1, KSW, ONEFC, et al forums and find English speaking posters. Then we need to ask them to come here to give better exposure to those orgs with English speaking fans plus share their regional insights with us English speaking fans.

Come to think of it... I need to contact the ownership of those forums, sites, or organizations. I should try to set up a promotional arrangement where they encourage their English speaking members to come talk with us and we show them how much we are promoting their orgs and fighters into the English speaking online MMA community in the western world.

I'm sure they'd love what we're doing here and really dig CDF47's G-MMA World Rankings. Smile 

Mmmm... let me think this thru. I've done these type of deals a number of times in business for cross-promotion with other companies or corporate pilot projects so I'll work on a strategy.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 am
Dagwood wrote:^ We need to figure out how to join M-1, KSW, ONEFC, et al forums and find English speaking posters. Then we need to ask them to come here to give better exposure to those orgs with English speaking fans plus share their regional insights with us English speaking fans.

Come to think of it... I need to contact the ownership of those forums, sites, or organizations. I should try to set up a promotional arrangement where they encourage their English speaking members to come talk with us and we show them how much we are promoting their orgs and fighters into the English speaking online MMA community in the western world.

I'm sure they'd love what we're doing here and really dig CDF47's G-MMA World Rankings. Smile 

Mmmm... let me think this thru. I've done these type of deals a number of times in business for cross-promotion with other companies or corporate pilot projects so I'll work on a strategy.

Awesome Since it's 2013 G-MMA needs to step it up  469908358
KSW
KSW

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:43 am
It would be great if someone (russian top team maybe) could post our rankings and a link on the mixfight forum http://forum.mixfight.ru/
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 am
theres a dude on facebook wanting to speak to the owner he has a press package for a small show he want s to give u guys, of course I just couldnt stand facebooki being so stagnent so I went and spiced it up a bit.

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum