GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
brace
brace

Finkelstein: Fedor may fight in the spring. Empty Finkelstein: Fedor may fight in the spring.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 pm
At the DREAM post fight press-conference Emelianenko's manager Vadim Finkelstein said that the Russian's next fight can come in the spring.

"Right now, I cannot give an exact answer about the future plans. First, Fedor has to take a break, then he has to get into shape again. If he is motivated, then the next fight we can have in Russia in March or April. In the summer we are looking at the possibility of entering a European tournament in Monaco."

Official DREAM site
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Finkelstein: Fedor may fight in the spring. Empty Re: Finkelstein: Fedor may fight in the spring.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 pm
I wonder what the tournament in Monaco is.
brace
brace

Finkelstein: Fedor may fight in the spring. Empty Re: Finkelstein: Fedor may fight in the spring.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 pm
I was wondering the same thing. For some reason Monaco cannot get enough of tournaments and put on tourneys for all kinds of shit. Before the Monson fight, Fedor was talking about going back to Sambo in the spring or summer, so it may be Sambo.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 am
About, I assume he will end up avenging his Combat Sambo loss in an MMA fight in the Spring. Interesting about the tourney, now that could be interesting.
monaroCountry

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 am
Good stuff. I told everyone that these restrictive contracts of Zuffa will be bad and wont keep fighters active.

For a fan, its great to see your fighter fight more times a year than just once a year.
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:56 am
Fedor vs Ivanov in Russia is the fight I want most.
Starving Hobo
Starving Hobo

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 am
When is Fedor returning to America?
brace
brace

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:21 am
^ No one knows, but they want to do a fight later in the year..
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:23 am
I don't EVER wanna see Fedor return to america where the judges are controlled and told how and when to stop fights by CORRUPT athletic commissions, F that SHIT. Plus, the cage is GARBAGE.......
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:32 am
I sent Kogan a message on twitter. I told him I'd rather Fedor stay in M-1 and keep building the brand. The last event in Russia with Fedor did fantastic so why not. I don't want Fedor to be a slave in the ufc. In M-1 they can co-promote with every organization out there (except the ufc). I also mentioned the tourney rumor and named off some name guys who could be in it. I really hope they do this, I think it would be huge in Russia and with the real fans everywhere.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:59 am
It will take time to work things out, and contractual situations are currently unclear (by no accident I am afraid, to the contrary Zuffa will likely keep the guys from Strikeforce in limbo as long as they can).

But, if it proves possible in the future, Sergei Kharitonov-Fedor in say Moscow (or elsewhere in Russia) would be fucking huge, I believe.

And while these two are performing for the Russian fans, all of the zombie fanboys can pound sand up their body orifices and continue to cry about Fedor not fighting in the UFC (when in fact they only want him to in hopes he will lose and prove their cult master Dana White "right").
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum