GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT)

+4
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
retrocausality
StillWill
8 posters
Go down
StillWill
StillWill

Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT) Empty Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT)

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:33 pm

souwa pouwa
retrocausality

Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT) Empty Re: Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT)

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 pm
is that dax flame?
StillWill
StillWill

Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT) Empty Re: Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT)

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:38 pm
its hugh g lism bro
KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 pm
UFC is nowhere close to boxing and never will be. Good vid by Forrest, he might have a future as a vlogger if he stays classy
retrocausality

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:48 pm
everything rogan said actually applies to the UFC. Their only big star was Lesnar and once he left ppv's and viewership has been on a steady decline since 2010. None of these "new" stars sell ppv and Rousey is going to flop out of the gate. Mma was a fad. It's slowly dying in the US. Brazil is it's only growth market.

Silva vs Sonnen 2 billed as the biggest ufc fight ever didnt even sell 1 million ppv's. Nothing Dana can do can come close to 1 million ppv buys.

Last edited by retrocausality on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:50 pm
retrocausality wrote:everything rogan said actually applies to the UFC. Their only big star was Lesnar and once he left ppv's and viewership has been on a steady decline since 2010. None of these "new" stars sell ppv and Rousey is going to flop out of the gate. Mma was a fad. It's slowly dying in the US. Brazil is it's only growth market.
I would say UFC was a fad
StillWill
StillWill

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:05 pm
UFC SUX

MIXFIGHT! is the number one MMA sport

Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT) Fedor_vadim_coker_nyc_large
retrocausality

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:22 pm
well yeah I mean ufc but to the bros in college ufc=mma. Most "bros" I know know what the ufc is, think chuck lidell is still the champ and dont watch any ppvs.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:31 pm
boxing is actually quite alive in my area, we even have 2 new boxing gyms that have opened this past year. MMA on the other hand in this area most schools have gone the way of the mcdojo.
Adax

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:43 pm
From troll to mole, Forest digging deep here. Props for his efforts and the funny subtleties like "Con-dew-it". Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT) 3973136183

retrocausality wrote:everything rogan said actually applies to the UFC. Their only big star was Lesnar and once he left ppv's and viewership has been on a steady decline since 2010. None of these "new" stars sell ppv and Rousey is going to flop out of the gate. Mma was a fad. It's slowly dying in the US. Brazil is it's only growth market.

Silva vs Sonnen 2 billed as the biggest ufc fight ever didnt even sell 1 million ppv's. Nothing Dana can do can come close to 1 million ppv buys.

Lol they've been billing any title fight 170 lbs and up as "THE BIGGEST FIGHT IN UFC HISTORY" lately. Sleep

Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:59 pm
Yeah boxing is and will always be the biggest combat sport around. Others got some popularity and even claimed they'd swallow boxing, yet they are dead and boxing still going strong. BTW people forget they're saying boxing is dead since the thing started. Laughing

Unfortunately MMA today is being presented as some gimmick, the media is runned by sellout hipsters, and it's being marketed to this audience...

Boxing is dead! UFC Takeover! (OR IS IT) Wigger-kids

Luckly some change is going on, bringing us more class, and less "face the pain". I have no org preference but i'm looking foward for the possible change in the scene 2013 is promising.

Welcome back. Nice vid too, his are a bit too negative towards MMA but i get the intention.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 am
retrocausality wrote:well yeah I mean ufc but to the bros in college ufc=mma. Most "bros" I know know what the ufc is, think chuck lidell is still the champ and dont watch any ppvs.

yep. And when they all forget, or get too old to matter. MMA in the US will be like Kickboxing in the US. Alive, and known, but just barely.
bolsheet

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 pm
Bellator fighter Joshua Montoya on a boxing fight vs a 18 years 0-0 boxer (starts at 1:27:23)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum