GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion...

+9
KSW
timbercutter
Adax
RussianTopTeam
Dagwood
CDF47
wekka
monaroCountry
MR.WILLIE
13 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion... - Page 2 Empty Re: M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:20 pm
One of the most promising heavyweights Russia and the author of the hands of domestic MMA sensation in 2011 - Magomed Malikov ( Highlander ), 6-2 will participate in the Grand Prix heavyweight under the M-1 Global , which is scheduled to start on April 9 in St. Petersburg the tournament M-1 Challenge 38 Spring Battle .

Magomed behind title winner SFD fighting and Caspian Cup in unarmed combat, eight professional fights by the rules of mixed martial arts, 6 of which he was celebrating his victory, including five by knockout. He is the champion of the tournament UAMA and Fight Star .

In 2012, Mohammed had only one fight - for the title of M-1 Challenge Heavyweight against the other party of the future Grand Prix - American fighter Kenny Garner and was in the battle at the beginning of a broken nose, the restoration of which was delayed. But now Magomed completely healthy and is going to create some new sensation and take the championship belt GP M-1 Global heavyweight.

M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion... - Page 2 19156

http://mixfight.ru/news/2013/1/21/Magomed_Malikov_vystupit_v_Grand_Prix_tyazhelovesov_M_1_Glob/
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion... - Page 2 Empty Re: M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion...

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:One of the most promising heavyweights Russia and the author of the hands of domestic MMA sensation in 2011 - Magomed Malikov ( Highlander ), 6-2 will participate in the Grand Prix heavyweight under the M-1 Global , which is scheduled to start on April 9 in St. Petersburg the tournament M-1 Challenge 38 Spring Battle .

Magomed behind title winner SFD fighting and Caspian Cup in unarmed combat, eight professional fights by the rules of mixed martial arts, 6 of which he was celebrating his victory, including five by knockout. He is the champion of the tournament UAMA and Fight Star .

In 2012, Mohammed had only one fight - for the title of M-1 Challenge Heavyweight against the other party of the future Grand Prix - American fighter Kenny Garner and was in the battle at the beginning of a broken nose, the restoration of which was delayed. But now Magomed completely healthy and is going to create some new sensation and take the championship belt GP M-1 Global heavyweight.

http://mixfight.ru/news/2013/1/21/Magomed_Malikov_vystupit_v_Grand_Prix_tyazhelovesov_M_1_Glob/

Great to see Malikov is in there. Shaping up good so far. They need to add Monson now... They could put him on the opposite side of the Garner bracket.

Will Garner be defending his title each fight in the tournament?
MR.WILLIE

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm
CDF47 wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:One of the most promising heavyweights Russia and the author of the hands of domestic MMA sensation in 2011 - Magomed Malikov ( Highlander ), 6-2 will participate in the Grand Prix heavyweight under the M-1 Global , which is scheduled to start on April 9 in St. Petersburg the tournament M-1 Challenge 38 Spring Battle .

Great to see Malikov is in there. Shaping up good so far. They need to add Monson now... They could put him on the opposite side of the Garner bracket.

good question....but i dont think is fair that everybody fights 3 round fights and deuce 5 round ones....

cd imo garner vs monson title fight should have happen in this event and the winner of the gp face the champ....

but if kenny is in the gp i think they will have non-title fights all the way and if he does not win the gp maybe face the winner for the title, or maybe gp title is going to be given ala pride...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

good question....but i dont think is fair that everybody fights 3 round fights and deuce 5 round ones....

cd imo garner vs monson title fight should have happen in this event and the winner of the gp face the champ....

but if kenny is in the gp i think they will have non-title fights all the way and if he does not win the gp maybe face the winner for the title, or maybe gp title is going to be given ala pride...

Yeah, hopefully they announce how this will work soon. I like the idea better as well where Garner and Monson fight for the belt and the winner takes the title and fights this GP winner.

Since Garner is in it, hopefully they put Monson in it as well. If Garner loses in the GP, the winner of the GP should get the belt.
KSW
KSW

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 pm
This GP looks awesome so far! With a better gastank Malikov could become a really good HW.
KSW
KSW

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm
I think they should scrap the Selection tourneys and make more tournaments like this one.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am
Star fighter mixed style - Jeff Monson (USA) 48-13, nicknamed Snowman play at the tournament M-1 Grand Prix in 2013 , the launch of which is scheduled for April 9, when the tournament M-1 Challenge 38 Spring Battle .

Two-time ADCC champion and three-time world champion in Brazilian jiu-jitsu PRO No-Gi - American fighter Jeff Monson has long been what is called "his" for Russian fans of mixed martial arts. His confrontation with Fedor Emelianenko, a series of victories over the stars of Russian MMA, as well as its simplicity, friendliness and openness brought Jeff and more popular in Russia.

He has a fight for the title of UFC, he twice won the competition the best grepplerov planet, 48 times he came out the winner in professional fights in mixed martial arts and now Jeff Monson will have a new challenge - to compete for the title of M-1 Grand Prix 2013 along with seven The other contenders for the title.

M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion... - Page 2 22130

http://mixfight.ru/news/2013/1/23/Jeff_Monson_primet_uchastie_v_M_1_Grand_Prix_2013/
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 am
i hope they dont do monson vs garner in the first round....the only way i approve is if its for the title...
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 am
Shaping up good so far, but will this be for a gp belt or is kenny gonna be defending the title in every fight? That would be epic if he had to do so hahaha, im thinking monson and kenny will be opposite sides of the bracket in a attempt to match them up in the finals.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:Shaping up good so far, but will this be for a gp belt or is kenny gonna be defending the title in every fight? That would be epic if he had to do so hahaha, im thinking monson and kenny will be opposite sides of the bracket in a attempt to match them up in the finals.

no info on that, but its not fair for everyone to fight 3 rounds and kenny 5....i think the winner of the gp is the new champ...
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:Shaping up good so far, but will this be for a gp belt or is kenny gonna be defending the title in every fight? That would be epic if he had to do so hahaha, im thinking monson and kenny will be opposite sides of the bracket in a attempt to match them up in the finals.

no info on that, but its not fair for everyone to fight 3 rounds and kenny 5....i think the winner of the gp is the new champ...
I wa thinking due to the gp format it would just be 3 straight up.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

I wa thinking due to the gp format it would just be 3 straight up.

yeah that makes sense....shapping up nicely....pnd this will be a good gp for sure, and i agree monson and kenny needs to be in opposite sides of the brackets...
KSW
KSW

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 am
Looking better than I could ever expect. I thought this would be more of a selection tourney. Add Sergei, Arlovski, Grabowski, Guram and Pudzilla Very Happy
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am
PRIDE FC wrote:Looking better than I could ever expect. I thought this would be more of a selection tourney. Add Sergei, Arlovski, Grabowski, Guram and Pudzilla Very Happy
yea bring over pudz so kenny can ko his ass Razz
KSW
KSW

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:Looking better than I could ever expect. I thought this would be more of a selection tourney. Add Sergei, Arlovski, Grabowski, Guram and Pudzilla Very Happy
yea bring over pudz so kenny can ko his ass Razz
Pudz vs Guram would be an even matchup
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm
realistically i think konstantin gluhov, pedro rizzo and andreas kraniotakes could take part in this gp and it would be awsome....
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm
looks like m-1 challenge 38 will be a much better event than m-1 challenge 37 whom they havent even promo so much...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Star fighter mixed style - Jeff Monson (USA) 48-13, nicknamed Snowman play at the tournament M-1 Grand Prix in 2013 , the launch of which is scheduled for April 9, when the tournament M-1 Challenge 38 Spring Battle .

Two-time ADCC champion and three-time world champion in Brazilian jiu-jitsu PRO No-Gi - American fighter Jeff Monson has long been what is called "his" for Russian fans of mixed martial arts. His confrontation with Fedor Emelianenko, a series of victories over the stars of Russian MMA, as well as its simplicity, friendliness and openness brought Jeff and more popular in Russia.

He has a fight for the title of UFC, he twice won the competition the best grepplerov planet, 48 times he came out the winner in professional fights in mixed martial arts and now Jeff Monson will have a new challenge - to compete for the title of M-1 Grand Prix 2013 along with seven The other contenders for the title.

M-1 Challenge 38 HW Grand Prix Discussion... - Page 2 22130

http://mixfight.ru/news/2013/1/23/Jeff_Monson_primet_uchastie_v_M_1_Grand_Prix_2013/

So glad to here that Monson is in. The GP now makes total sense with the champ and two top HW contenders all in it. Great tournament!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:i hope they dont do monson vs garner in the first round....the only way i approve is if its for the title...

Yeah, a title fight in the first round with those two would work. I wonder how this will work with the belt. Probably similar to the SF GP where REEM's title was not on the line, just the GP belt. If Garner gets beat though, whoever beats him is the new uncrowned champ so they should just have the belt on the line. I guess every GP fight would have to be 5 rounds then to keep it fair.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah, probably on opposite ends since they are the top 2 and since they are friends (similar to Babalu and King Mo in Bellator). The tournament is made now that Monson is in it. Some new top HWs could rise up in this GP. Can't wait to see the rest of the field.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

AA, Sergei, Grabowski, Soa, or Pudz would be an excellent addition. The GP is already great IMO but adding one of these fighters would be amazing. Not too interested in seeing Guram in this due to his 2 recent losses to Garner but he will probably be in. Do not care to see Guram/Garner IV. Although, I would love to see Guram/Pudz like you mention above. Would be a great opening round fight.

Last edited by CDF47 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 pm
i dont want to see guram here...he has 0 chance to win.....

but i want sidelnikov in it...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote: i dont want to see guram here...he has 0 chance to win.....

Agreed on both. Sidelnikov would be a real solid addition. Do you know why he hasn't fought in about 2 1/2 years? He was being hyped as the future Fedor at one point until his performance at Affliction and now he is just off the map entirely. Hope he makes a return for this GP.
wekka
wekka

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 am
CDF47 wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote: i dont want to see guram here...he has 0 chance to win.....

Agreed on both. Sidelnikov would be a real solid addition. Do you know why he hasn't fought in about 2 1/2 years? He was being hyped as the future Fedor at one point until his performance at Affliction and now he is just off the map entirely. Hope he makes a return for this GP.

I knew he was busted for performance enhancing drugs right afterwards, then I heard recently (or maybe as recent as a year ago) that his heart wasn't into MMA and would rather focus on Sambo and his family. Things could be different now.
wekka
wekka

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 am
With names like these being announced for the GP, i'd rather Smoldarev stay out of the field and be built up a little more. No need to be thrown to the wolves right yet.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum