GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons??? Empty What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons???

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:50 pm
I'll start off...

Sergei Kharitonov
- low-ball offer
- Dana's Russian blockade
- big time UFC ineptitude re: understanding the high level of fighters there & their numbers
KSW
KSW

What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons??? Empty Re: What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons???

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm
It feels like Dana talks shit about most good and popular fighters who are not in the UFC.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons??? Empty Re: What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons???

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 pm
Just to name one recent one, Bibi...They even announced his fight.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:26 pm
I suppose, King Mo, maybe?

Than again, I don't think Mo was interested. He prefers to be his own master. Sort of like Barnett, and some others.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:46 pm
have we all for get this line "who's shogun"?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am
Well as I said in another thread... I think Arona was screwed over by the UFC telling him in 2010 or 2011 he had to have a number of fights outside the UFC before they'd think about making him an offer. WhyTF should Aorna with his pedigree do that? Bunch of idiots! What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons??? 1625187496
Dagwood
Dagwood

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am
Barnett for sure from 2007 til last week.

What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons??? 1353611630
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 am
What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons??? 852107159

Hellboy
Aoki
Kitaoka
Arona
Dagwood
Dagwood

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:04 am
IQ Wrestler wrote: What fighters have the UFC purposely not signed or low-balled & for what reasons??? 852107159

Hellboy
Aoki
Kitaoka
Arona

Nice list. I'm with you on all... For what reasons do you think they avoided signing Hansen or the 2 JMMA stars?

wekka
wekka

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:27 am
I know for one that Hansen doesn't want to deal with the bullshit. There's probably more to it than that, though.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:04 am
Well, Dana said some time ago he had no interest in Aoki....take that how you want.

They made Kitaoka jump through hoops, he needed 3 wins in a row, lost to Aoki so it was never a serious deal anyway
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm
mamed khalidov (glad it did not happen tbh)
Dagwood
Dagwood

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 pm
Fedor.

Evidently whatever offers Lorenzo and his minny-minion made Fedor were low-ball in some way & not good enough for him.

Dana's relentless character assassination of Fedor, Vadim, & Russia without Lorenzo & Frakie 3 sticks (III), the world's 'most savvy' businessmen, reigning him in was ludicrous. How did allowing that to go on help you Mr. mini-Fertitta in your many deal attempts with Fedor??? How'd that work out for ya'?
Sodak
Sodak

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm
I'd say hellboy, he was quoted as saying ZUFFA offered him like half his Pride contract. There were a few other guys that ZUFFA just offered a insulting lowball number to, just to get rid of them.

I think the why is the same for most of them, they don't care about the sport or signing good fighters. Its a buisness for them all about making as much $ as possible while spending little. Why pay for real talent when they can create their own less skilled fighters for a quarter of the price by monopolizing the industry and investing in hype and reality show "stars".

i also think ZUFFA overestimates country favorship, I personally don't care if a fighters from USA or bumfucking egypt, but Zuffa seems to only look for foreighn fighters in places they are expanding into or plan on putting on shows.
Sodak
Sodak

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:11 pm
Marloes is another one. They're was some seriously shady stuff going on there. Shes champ loses one fight and is canned, Overeem was at the center of it, there was even some lie in the media about gg not allowing fighters to be paid directly that marloes completely exposed by posting her check with her name it online.

i have some theories but I'd really like to know exactly what went down.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum