GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Yuriy Kelekhsaev: I'm fighting ... just because I'm fighting Empty Yuriy Kelekhsaev: I'm fighting ... just because I'm fighting

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:36 pm
Preparations for the upcoming February 27 CCM "Orenburg" Orenburg first tournament this year on mixed martial arts under the auspices of M-1 Global - M-1 Challenge 37 is on the home straight. In one of the eight Professional fights will meet represents the Petersburg Club "Alexander Nevsky" Yuri Kelekhsaev (3-2) and Alexander Lukyanov from Club Masters tournament "Valetudo Mongoose." We offer your attention interview with Yuriy Kelehsaevym.

-Yuri, as you have come to the sport?

– My father in his youth, was engaged in various sports at the amateur level, the older brothers were engaged in freestyle wrestling and later Vladimir became a master of sports, and Michael is a candidate master. When I was in fifth grade, they took me along to a training session in children-youthful sports school and year and a half I've been doing freestyle wrestling performed well at children's competitions. Then, unfortunately, because of some health problems had to interrupt training for several years. He returned to the sport in the eighth grade, along with neighbours started Taekwon-do, then skilled in Kickboxing coach Ruslan Džabieva in the star Club, melee combat and JIU-Jitsu at the coach of Arthur Dzitoeva, other percussion, types of martial arts.

-What results have achieved?

In August 2006, in Moscow became the champion of Russia and winner of the international tournament on the army's hand-to-hand fighting, in 2008 and 2009 in Orenburg and Chelyabinsk Russian Kobudo won, won the Championships of Kickboxing and JIU-jitsu.

– Which of the martial arts you preferred?

Is a hand-to-hand fight. In my opinion, this is the most diverse kind of fights are held not only in the front, but also in the stalls are pain and choking techniques, he is most similar to mixed martial arts.

-How was your familiarity with mixed martial arts?

– When I started to train in the Republic in hand-to-hand fighting, some of the guys have already played in mixed martial arts, though in amateur fights on small tournaments. To me it was interesting, and I also began performing for MMA.

– When the first professional fight?

The first fight was October 4, 2008 year on ProFC tournament "Grand Prix in Rostov-na-Donu with Levan Kukavoj of the Club"Legion". Then I won the 3-raund fight by unanimous decision of the judges. Next professional fight held March 3 last year by Lions tournament Fights in St. Petersburg. Then I made a mistake coming to battle with temperature, besides, I had about seven pounds underweight, but hate to give up the tournament. Lost to Sergey Faleû from Belarus by TKO.

-What was such a long break in the fighting and how you ended up in St. Petersburg?

In 2009 year, I graduated from the North-Ossetian State University and year served urgent service in Sevastopol in the Black Sea fleet naval infantry brigade. And in the army, and later trained. Competed in competitions, but amateur. While in North Ossetia not strong mixed martial arts schools or clubs, that's why I went a year and a half ago in St. Petersburg. First settled with relatives and friends over the Internet found the Club Alexander Nevsky and me here very well met, for which I am grateful. Began training under the guidance of Edward Shirobokova. Chose St. Petersburg because I consider it the best mixed martial arts school in Russia.

-What battles you have already carried out for the Club?

– Won two fights in the second "Alexander Nevsky" Cup of Vadim Molchanova and Ismail Dašaeva, and in the finale of lost Zul′fikaru Usmanov, who at M-1 Challenge 37 will meet my claim a Maxim Divnič.

– What are the fights more memorable?

-Probably the victory over Vadim Molchanov cast in the first round.

In mixed martial arts, you come from the shock. How easy it is to master the technique of struggle?

– Yet I started with wrestling and some wrestling skills have been preserved, although, of course, at first it was difficult. But in a shock technology I had gaps. Try to work in the front, and on the ground. So much so that the Club has strong guys in the different disciplines, there is someone to learn from. Prefer while striking technique, but can and fight. It all depends on the opponent, are you able to grope his weaknesses.

In some clubs, besides "Alexander Nevsky", you're studying?

Often are in Thai Boxing Academy on Nevsky Prospekt, the deserved trainer of the Republic of Belarus Gennady Pavlovich Kapšaâ, which is my second coach and at the Club Alexander Nevsky in Kolpino.

-How well do you know your upcoming opponent?

– On the Internet about him almost nothing. Saw only one match at the army hand-to-hand fighting, it seems he prefers to work in the rack. Know he's 3 x winner of the Championship of Russia on Kobudo, candidate for master of sports in Kobudo, taekwondo and Kickboxing an army. Professional his fights have not seen, yes he has, it seems, and no.

-Any of our and foreign fighters of mix you exhale?

– Of our fighters would call M-1 Challenge champions Rashid Magomedov in the category up to 77 kilos and Musa Hamanaeva in the category of up to 70 kg, Shamil Zavurova, Habib Nurmagomedova, who now competes in the UFC. Foreign fighters would Anderson Silva, John Jones, Victor Belfort, from heavyweights like Junior dos Santos.

– What do you mean lessons mixed martial arts? The desire to somehow prove themselves, the satisfaction of personal ambition, desire material security, the establishment of a framework for the future, or something else?

– It is difficult to answer Immediately. As Porthos in a movie: "I'm fighting because ... that I'm fighting. " But seriously, it's probably just a little of what you have listed. Although, of course, on the material welfare as long as it is not necessary to speak. The biggest fee, which I happened to get for victory, reached 15 thousand rubles.

– I understand that every fight for any athlete in his own way is important. And yet for you upcoming Bout is any special significance?

Of course, this will be my first fight in the tournament such as M-1 Challenge. Its outcome will largely determine the further career. Many members would like to speak on it, but I had such an opportunity and try to maximize its use.

Kelekhsaev Yuriy Omarovich. He was born in November 25, 1986 suburban village Factory Vladikavkaz, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania.

In fifth grade began freestyle wrestling.

Champion of Russian army's hand-to-hand fighting, 2-time champion of Russia in Kobudo, champion of North Ossetia in Kickboxing and JIU-jitsu. Master of hand-to-hand fighting and Kobudo, candidate master Kickboxing and JIU-jitsu.

The first fight with rules of MMA held in 2008 year. Just spent 5 in MMA fights (3-2). Represents the Club Alexander Nevsky. Eduard Shyrobokov and Gennady coaches Kapshay.

In 2009 graduated from the Faculty of geography and geology the North-Ossetian State University.

Height 177 cm, weight 70 kg.

http://mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2013/2/23/Yuri_Kelekhsaev_Ya_derusy_prosto_potomu_chto_ya_derusy/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum