GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Gilbert Yvel not fighting at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 4, replacement search underway Empty Gilbert Yvel not fighting at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 4, replacement search underway

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:17 pm
Gilbert Yvel (38-16-1) will not fight Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz (7-3) at RFA 4, officials today confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

A search is underway for a replacement opponent, a source close to the promotion added. The reason for Yvel's withdrawal was not disclosed.

Resurrection Fighting Alliance 4 takes place Nov. 2 at Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel in Las Vegas. The event airs live on AXS TV.

Following a three-fight skid that prompted his release from the UFC, fearsome Dutch striker Yvel found success at light heavyweight, stopping Damian Dantibo and Houston Alexander at RFA 1 and RFA 2, respectively.

Yvel's resurgence is, for now it seems, paused.

Cruz returns to the cage for the first time in over a year. The decorated submission grappler's most recent appearance was in July 2011, when he took on current light heavyweight prospect Glover Teixeira at a regional event in Brazil. He was stopped by strikes in the second round, which snapped a five-fight win streak earned in the wake of his release from the UFC.

Other bouts set for the Nov. 2 card include Efrain Escudero vs. Tyson Griffin, which serves as the co-main draw, as well as Alessandro Ferreira vs. Fredson Paixao, Phil Dace vs. Chidi Njokuani and James Krause vs. Guilherme Trindade.

The Resurrection Fighting Alliance recently announced the acquisition of Titan Fighting Championship, though sources with knowledge of negotiations on Monday said the deal had yet to be finalized.

RFA 4's current card includes:

Marcio "Pe de Pano" Cruz vs. TBA
Efrain Escudero vs. Tyson Griffin
Alessandro Ferreira vs. Fredson Paixao
Phil Dace vs. Chidi Njokuani
James Krause vs. Guilherme Trindade
Derrick Burnsed vs. Dakota Cochrane
Jimmy Jones vs. Sergio Pettis
Chris Holdsworth vs. Tyler Shinn
Steve Mocco vs. Carl Postma
Gregor Gillespie vs. Joey Angelo
Cory Galloway vs. Jerry Shapiro

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31198/gilbert-yvel-not-fighting-at-resurrection-fighting-alliance-4-replacement-search-underway.mma
wekka
wekka

Gilbert Yvel not fighting at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 4, replacement search underway Empty Re: Gilbert Yvel not fighting at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 4, replacement search underway

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:36 pm
Bring in Tony Lopez, call it a night.
MR.WILLIE

Gilbert Yvel not fighting at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 4, replacement search underway Empty Re: Gilbert Yvel not fighting at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 4, replacement search underway

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:07 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:28 pm
Damn, I wanted to see this fight!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:22 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Damn, I wanted to see this fight!

me 2....but nobody has explained why yvel pulled off...something is wrong here....at least this will air live

on the old hdnet fights, so ill watch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum