GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi

+11
Dorch
Adax
Sodak
Dagwood
TehPackage
RussianTopTeam
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
wekka
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Junkyard Log
KSW
15 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi Empty UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 am
April 6, Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi UFCStockholm-624x336

MAIN CARD (FUEL TV, 2 p.m. ET)
Ilir Latifi vs. Gegard Mousasi
Ryan Couture vs. Ross Pearson
Philip De Fries vs. Matt Mitrione
Mike Easton vs. Brad Pickett
Diego Brandao vs. Pablo Garza
Akira Corassani vs. Robert Peralta

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 10:30 a.m. ET)
Michael Johnson vs. Reza Madadi
Adam Cella vs. Tor Troeng
Adlan Amagov vs. Chris Spang
Marcus Brimage vs. Conor McGregor
Ben Alloway vs. Ryan LaFlare
Michael Kuiper vs. Tom Lawlor
Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi Empty Re: UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 am
I'm looking forward to Gegard vs Gus and I can't even say who will win this.

Ryan Couture being co-main is a bit odd.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi Empty Re: UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 pm
This is a win win for me, I like both fighters.
wekka
wekka

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm
Mousasi
Pearson
Mitrione
Easton
Brandao
Peralta
Johnson
Amagov
McGregor
LaFlare
Kuiper
Abedi
Troeng
KSW
KSW

Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:55 pm
SVT is reporting that Gustafsson suffered a cut in training:

According to reports given to SVT Sport, Gustafsson has opened a gash in his eyebrow while sparring, making his appearance highly uncertain.

MMANytt confirmed the injury with Gus's camp:

According to a trusted source of MMANytt the news of Gustafsson's injury is true. Now it comes down to how deep the cut over the eye is and whether SMMAF are going to license him to fight.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:04 pm
Going to suck if this fight is cancelled. One of the better (free) main events the UFC has put on in recent memory.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm
Fight has been canceled 100% unless this is some stupid April fools joke
TehPackage
TehPackage

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:33 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:Fight has been canceled 100% unless this is some stupid April fools joke
Helwanis twitter says its still on.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:41 pm
MMANYTT.se has reported that Alex himself wants the fight to happen but it's not up to him to decide if the fight is on or not.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:42 pm
TehPackage wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:Fight has been canceled 100% unless this is some stupid April fools joke

he's a shill and should be the last person you listen to
wekka
wekka

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:49 pm
A shill that's an employee of Zuffa. Totally believable.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:
TehPackage wrote:

he's a shill and should be the last person you listen to
I dont care about all that bullshit. All I said was his twitter said the fight was on. I dont have a twitter account. I read it on Facebook.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 pm
"Dana White says Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi is still on for UFC on Fuel 9"
KSW
KSW

Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 am
wekka wrote:A shill that's an employee of Zuffa. Totally believable.
Yeah he´s not a shill anymore, he´s an employee.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:51 am
Wanderlei Silva:
I am read I don't have any injure and training a lot!!
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:08 am
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 am
^^ The next UFC WW champion. Adlan & Adam Haliev will both win the UFC WW belt in the future.

Adlan is being modest about his wrestling. He was training for 2 years with Rustam Chsiev who could be the best grappling-wrestling guy I've ever seen. I mean like maybe the best wrestling for no-gi submission grappling ever and I'm being serious. Adlan holds his own with Rustam on the ground and he won the NAGA world championships last year.

The only way GSP beats this kid is by smothering. I don't think he can hold him down forever though. Adlan's more explosive and is fast than just about anybody GSP has fought. IMO he's above Koshceck & Hughes. Greg Jackson has said he was blown away by how good an athlete Amagov is as well as by his skills & toughness. That alone says a lot. He inferred like this kid is really goin' somewhere.
KSW
KSW

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:33 am
Mousasi vs. Latifi confirmed
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 pm
I don't know much about Latifi.
KSW
KSW

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 pm

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:09 pm
Ilir is getting mollywhopped come saturday.....they sohuld've just canceled this card just like they did with Bones vs Hendo cuz honestly it looks like shit from top to bottom.

I'd rather see a post poned Mousasi vs Gustafsson than this garbage.
Sodak
Sodak

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:10 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:Ilir is getting mollywhopped come saturday.....they sohuld've just canceled this card just like they did with Bones vs Hendo cuz honestly it looks like shit from top to bottom.

I'd rather see a post poned Mousasi vs Gustafsson than this garbage.

Agreed. Lose Lose fight for mousasi but at least hes getting paid along with everyone else, he could've been a bitch and declined like Jones but hopefully they'll remember him getting screwed like this and give him a title shot immediately.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 pm
Dagwood wrote:^^ The next UFC WW champion. Adlan & Adam Haliev will both win the UFC WW belt in the future.

Adlan is being modest about his wrestling. He was training for 2 years with Rustam Chsiev who could be the best grappling-wrestling guy I've ever seen. I mean like maybe the best wrestling for no-gi submission grappling ever and I'm being serious. Adlan holds his own with Rustam on the ground and he won the NAGA world championships last year.

The only way GSP beats this kid is by smothering. I don't think he can hold him down forever though. Adlan's more explosive and is fast than just about anybody GSP has fought. IMO he's above Koshceck & Hughes. Greg Jackson has said he was blown away by how good an athlete Amagov is as well as by his skills & toughness. That alone says a lot. He inferred like this kid is really goin' somewhere.

Adlan probably gets KO'd by Chris "The Kiss" Spang on Saturday... Embarassed
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:
Dagwood wrote:^^ The next UFC WW champion. Adlan & Adam Haliev will both win the UFC WW belt in the future.

Adlan probably gets KO'd by Chris "The Kiss" Spang on Saturday... Embarassed

Yeah, not so sure bout that. Spang's good but he's no Matt Serra.

wekka
wekka

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 pm
Latifi does have a victory over the extremely tough Tony Lopez, so while the original match-up is FAR superior, I don't think this is match-up is all too bad considering the extremely short notice that was caused to find a replacement.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum