GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi

+11
Dorch
Adax
Sodak
Dagwood
TehPackage
RussianTopTeam
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
wekka
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Junkyard Log
KSW
15 posters
Go down
Adax

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 pm
Latifi has balls to step up, but he's not experienced enough to have the skills to do more than go to a losing decision by toughness.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:15 am
Dagwood wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:
Dagwood wrote:^^ The next UFC WW champion. Adlan & Adam Haliev will both win the UFC WW belt in the future.

Adlan is being modest about his wrestling. He was training for 2 years with Rustam Chsiev who could be the best grappling-wrestling guy I've ever seen. I mean like maybe the best wrestling for no-gi submission grappling ever and I'm being serious. Adlan holds his own with Rustam on the ground and he won the NAGA world championships last year.

The only way GSP beats this kid is by smothering. I don't think he can hold him down forever though. Adlan's more explosive and is fast than just about anybody GSP has fought. IMO he's above Koshceck & Hughes. Greg Jackson has said he was blown away by how good an athlete Amagov is as well as by his skills & toughness. That alone says a lot. He inferred like this kid is really goin' somewhere.

Adlan probably gets KO'd by Chris "The Kiss" Spang on Saturday... Embarassed

Yeah, not so sure bout that. Spang's good but he's no Matt Serra.

Think Adlan might pay if he stands too long with Kiss.
KSW
KSW

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:57 am
PRIDE FC wrote:

Mizuno got him good
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 am
I really don't see Gegard losing here.
Dorch
Dorch

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 pm
Couture and Latifi are fucked
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:31 pm
I'm the only one hyped to see Conor McGregor's debut? I've been following the guy and he's a truly exciting fighter. Hopefully he does well from now on.

Amagov vs lil' Spang and Brimage vs Conor McGregor are the ones i'm most interested on now. It will be nice to see Mousasi win too.

TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:23 pm
Wolfman wrote:I'm the only one hyped to see Conor McGregor's debut? I've been following the guy and he's a truly exciting fighter. Hopefully he does well from now on.

Amagov vs lil' Spang and Brimage vs Conor McGregor are the ones i'm most interested on now. It will be nice to see Mousasi win too.

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t6287-ufc-fuel-fighter-to-watch-not-the-main-event
KSW
KSW

Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:26 pm
Looking forward to se Conor McGregors stand up game UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 424776184
KSW
KSW

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 am
Start of Main Card: Saturday April 6 at 02:00 PM ET

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/chatbox/index.forum
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 am
That injury was a big hit to this card. Gustaffson should have never went to the commission. His cut looks fine now.

Still looking forward to it. Just over an hour away.
KSW
KSW

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:48 am
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 am
is this on now???
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:52 am
Junkyard Log wrote:is this on now???
UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 3973136183 Sleep
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:54 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

Lmaoo well I'm bored... if it's on I'll watch it till Glory comes on.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:56 am
Junkyard Log wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

Lmaoo well I'm bored... if it's on I'll watch it till Glory comes on.
its about to start see u in chat
doubledx2c

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:52 pm
AHahaha. People on here were saying that Amagov would starch GSP? The fuck? Literally all he does is throw those little knee teeps and an occasional spin. Wasn't able to inflict damage or finish a one dimensional striker on the ground.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:27 pm
doubledx2c wrote:AHahaha. People on here were saying that Amagov would starch GSP? The fuck? Literally all he does is throw those little knee teeps and an occasional spin. Wasn't able to inflict damage or finish a one dimensional striker on the ground.
ok UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 3247107148
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:33 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
doubledx2c wrote:AHahaha. People on here were saying that Amagov would starch GSP? The fuck? Literally all he does is throw those little knee teeps and an occasional spin. Wasn't able to inflict damage or finish a one dimensional striker on the ground.
ok UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 3247107148

Rolling LMAO
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:58 pm

I meant future champion. Could be 2 or 3 years before Amagov may get a title shot. Could also be that GSP retires before then. Who knows.

Yes, I agree with you. Robbie Lawler is no "Matt Serra"... (a one dimensional BJJ guy who GSP couldn't finish on the ground and who he got smashed by on his feet. With less than good striking I might add.) Both Amagov & GSP got caught. See what I mean? You can't have it both ways.

In the first 1:10 of their fight Agagov TD's Lawler twice. The second time he moved to open half guard and proceeded to hold Lawler from getting up against the cage. He then through the knee and was penalized the point. That was 1:09 into the fight and Lawler hadn't yet landed a punch threw a punch or did anything offensively.

At 1:43 Lawler throws the flying knee and Amagov ducks to avoid it. As he ducks into the knee it clips him with a glancing blow to the right temple. That is 1 strike thrown - 1 strike landed with the opponent mistiming to avoid and running into 1 strike. Boom he's dazed and flat on the canvas in a flash. Hmmm... Yeah... flash.

How is that getting owned or pwned by anybody???

One strike landing on a very low percentage flying strike not throwing or landing any strikes for the first 1:43 of a 1:48 second fight??? And you were TD'd twice up until then and your opponent had you in half guard controlling you on the ground for a fair bit of the fight.

This stuff really bothers me...

- a single shot/getting caught in a competitive or loser dominant fight = getting pwned - Really???

You need to watch as many of Amagov's fights as you can doubledx2c. There is a reason why Greg Jackson excited about him and brought him to Jackson's MMA.

As for GSP... I do want to remind you of how damaging his striking is on his feet and on the ground at this point in his career. Just sayin'...

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 Gsp.0_standard_352.0 http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2013/03/18/ufc_fighter_jail.jpg

TehPackage
TehPackage

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:54 pm
GSP vs Latifi was an ok fight.
KSW
KSW

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:49 am
Both Amagov and Spang can stand with GSP

KSW
KSW

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:51 am
Mitrione is new breed

monaroCountry

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:31 am
Great fight by Amagov, as I predicted these international fighters will start showing America how its done. JJ and AS and the like will now start to fight top fighters and top strikers who were maybe ignored by the general MMA media in previous years.

Amagov's striking is very fun to watch and both men has the striking to take out anyone in their division in the UFC.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:18 am
Dagwood wrote:

I meant future champion. Could be 2 or 3 years before Amagov may get a title shot. Could also be that GSP retires before then. Who knows.

Yes, I agree with you. Robbie Lawler is no "Matt Serra"... (a one dimensional BJJ guy who GSP couldn't finish on the ground and who he got smashed by on his feet. With less than good striking I might add.) Both Amagov & GSP got caught. See what I mean? You can't have it both ways.

In the first 1:10 of their fight Agagov TD's Lawler twice. The second time he moved to open half guard and proceeded to hold Lawler from getting up against the cage. He then through the knee and was penalized the point. That was 1:09 into the fight and Lawler hadn't yet landed a punch threw a punch or did anything offensively.

At 1:43 Lawler throws the flying knee and Amagov ducks to avoid it. As he ducks into the knee it clips him with a glancing blow to the right temple. That is 1 strike thrown - 1 strike landed with the opponent mistiming to avoid and running into 1 strike. Boom he's dazed and flat on the canvas in a flash. Hmmm... Yeah... flash.

How is that getting owned or pwned by anybody???

One strike landing on a very low percentage flying strike not throwing or landing any strikes for the first 1:43 of a 1:48 second fight??? And you were TD'd twice up until then and your opponent had you in half guard controlling you on the ground for a fair bit of the fight.

This stuff really bothers me...

- a single shot/getting caught in a competitive or loser dominant fight = getting pwned - Really???

You need to watch as many of Amagov's fights as you can doubledx2c. There is a reason why Greg Jackson excited about him and brought him to Jackson's MMA.

As for GSP... I do want to remind you of how damaging his striking is on his feet and on the ground at this point in his career. Just sayin'...

UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi - Page 2 Gsp.0_standard_352.0 http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2013/03/18/ufc_fighter_jail.jpg

Great post!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum