GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Richard Schaefer 'not surprised' by HBO decision to stop relations with Golden Boy... Empty Richard Schaefer 'not surprised' by HBO decision to stop relations with Golden Boy...

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:00 pm
Some were surprised by today's announcement from HBO Sports that they would no longer be buying fights from Golden Boy Promotions, but GBP CEO Richard Schaefer wasn't among them. From BoxingScene.com:

"I am not surprised. If you look at HBO Sports president Ken Hershman, he did not have any conversations with me since last November or December. So clearly it's the aftermath of the two biggest names in the sport, Floyd Mayweather and Canelo, leaving HBO for Showtime. HBO is upset at Al Haymon, HBO is upset with me and I guess this is their way of getting back at us. I think it is an ill-advised strategy because I feel the only ones who are getting hurt here are the HBO subscribers, which are used to seeing the best fighters fight on HBO and obviously this is no longer going to be the case."

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/3/18/4120760/richard-schaefer-not-surprised-by-hbo-decision-to-stop-relations-with
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum