GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Top Canadian Welterweight Ryan Ford Not Waiting on Big League Call-Up Empty Top Canadian Welterweight Ryan Ford Not Waiting on Big League Call-Up

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 am
Top Canadian welterweight Ryan “Real Deal” Ford has been on a tear since joining the famed Tristar Gym, winning four fights in a row and raising his record to an impressive 20-4.

Most recently Ford kicked off his 2013 with a win over Brendan Tierney in the Aggression Fighting Championship in his hometown of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, on March 23.

“I always make sure I get in there and put on an exciting fight for the fans – and that’s what I did,” said Ford. “I got a beautiful knockout in the second round.

“I haven’t been able to see the fight yet, but from what I heard from my training partners and coaches, I looked like a completely different fighter. Being calm and patient and picking my shots and finishing the fight when it was time to get it done.”

Not only has working at Tristar helped develop Ford’s overall game, he told MMAWeekly.com it’s allowed him to enter each fight with the knowledge that he has the ability to defeat any challenge he faces.

“Training with the guys at Tristar Gym has helped me a lot,” said Ford. “I can actually see the positives from being out there training.

“Just being confident when I step in the cage – not that I wasn’t confident before – but just being able to use all my skills I have and picking my shots and make sure everything counts.”

Prior to making his mark in the newly re-launched Aggression FC, Ford had been making waves in Bellator, but due to circumstances beyond his control, it may be a while before you see him fight for them again.

“They’ve told me some things and I’m kind of a little disappointed because I’ve been told things and things don’t happen,” said Ford.

“I was told they’d be having four fights in Canada this year, but now they’re anticipating one. I’m obviously waiting for my waiver still, which they were supposed to be helping me out in, which I’ve been doing myself.”

For years Ford has been one of those fighters who many people wonder why he’s not fighting in certain larger promotions. And while he admits it can be frustrating to not get a call up to bigger shows, he’s not going to let it derail him from the task at hand.

“My goal is always to win and put on exciting fights,” he said. “It’s always whoever signs that contract to fight me, that’s my goal to beat him and then see what happens next. I’m going to keep fighting, knocking people out and see where it goes.

“For me, as long as I’m making money to support my family, feed my family, make sure they have a roof over their head and live the way I like to live, it doesn’t matter where I scrap, as long as it pays the bills.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/top-canadian-welterweight-ryan-ford-not-waiting-on-big-league-call-up
Sonatine
Sonatine

Top Canadian Welterweight Ryan Ford Not Waiting on Big League Call-Up Empty Re: Top Canadian Welterweight Ryan Ford Not Waiting on Big League Call-Up

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:01 pm
Is Ford still in Bellator?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum