GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

DREAM 19 will not happen on GLORY’s watch, the DREAM saga continues Empty DREAM 19 will not happen on GLORY’s watch, the DREAM saga continues

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Correspondance between GLORY head, Marcus Luer, and an unnamed source revealed what we posted earlier this year.

GLORY, who put on DREAM 18 at Saitama Super Arena last year, has no plant to go forth with DREAM 19. No elaboration was given, but we can tell you a little on what we have heard.

GLORY used the DREAM brand as a method put on a grand supershow at the end of the year, which in turn attracted far more people in Tokyo than a kickboxing show only likely would have. Thus, sort of a marketing ploy, the company put on a very successful show in doing this.

DREAM management has been rumored at doing a show this July in Japan, but absolutely nothing has been put together and the chances are more likely that nothing will take place.

The NYE show was an extremely fun show, bringing us back to the days of kickboxing and mixed martial arts tossed into one big show. GLORY has the deepest roster, by far, in the kickboxing sport. Putting on the DREAM show required a little more work as they no longer had any fighters under and were required to partner up with OneFC to bringing the bigger name guys like Shinya Aoki and Bibiano Fernandes.

Thus continues, the saga of DREAM.

http://www.asianmma.com/?p=6274
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

DREAM 19 will not happen on GLORY’s watch, the DREAM saga continues Empty Re: DREAM 19 will not happen on GLORY’s watch, the DREAM saga continues

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:48 pm
the DREAM is over. DREAM 18 was equivellent to ecw 2005 one night only. Sucks but time to move along.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

DREAM 19 will not happen on GLORY’s watch, the DREAM saga continues Empty Re: DREAM 19 will not happen on GLORY’s watch, the DREAM saga continues

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:24 pm
That sucks. If ONE FC would just go to a ring and add stomps all would be good.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 pm
CDF47 wrote:That sucks. If ONE FC would just go to a ring and add stomps all would be good.
agreed, hey I saw those haters trying to bait you over this on sher tard. Fuck them.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:That sucks. If ONE FC would just go to a ring and add stomps all would be good.
agreed, hey I saw those haters trying to bait you over this on sher tard. Fuck them.

Yeah, that CC27 guy is a clown.
wekka
wekka

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:55 pm
from what I posted on Sherdog:

What's going to happen: New organization established by the end of the year.
What might happen: DEEP or Pancrase stepping up.
What should happen to make JMMA #1 Forever: RINGS ruling the world.
Off chance of happening: IGF going full shoot.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:15 pm
wekka wrote:from what I posted on Sherdog:

What's going to happen: New organization established by the end of the year.
What might happen: DEEP or Pancrase stepping up.
What should happen to make JMMA #1 Forever: RINGS ruling the world.
Off chance of happening: IGF going full shoot.
The problem is DEEP and Pancrase know thier is a massive void to fill that DREAM never could and they both want to be the next PRIDE, im afraid they will battle one another then help one another grow to that level.
wekka
wekka

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:19 pm
In reality, I think DEEP is okay with the position they're currently in. I just think they're better suited for step up since they have without a doubt the best roster in all of JMMA.

Pancrase seems to be the most likely though due to the change of ownership and them making a lot of aesthetic changes and their insistence of global relationships and their burgeoning social media movement. I just don't expect any truly huge moves from them until either their anniversary show at the end of the year or next year.

Regardless, I don't think there will be a power struggle fortunately.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum