GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wekka
wekka

DEEP: Cage Impact 2013 Results & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: DEEP: Cage Impact 2013 Results & Discussion

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:54 pm
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:Early contender for FOTY

Yup, I'd put it at number 2 behind Wand/Stann.  Both were great!

As of right now, i'd honestly rate it ahead of Wand/Stann.

The fight literally went everywhere, plus soccer kicks.

Unfortunately, this fight has really brought out a lot of critics of Choi, who feel as if he's been "Exposed".

If these people actually followed Choi, they'd know his striking defense has always been his weakest link.
Adax

DEEP: Cage Impact 2013 Results & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: DEEP: Cage Impact 2013 Results & Discussion

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:07 pm
Yeah his striking defense was glaringly bad his last fight too. I had written this on my tumblr after the Nagakura bout:

DEEP: Cage Impact 2013 Results & Discussion - Page 2 Tumblr_mii17akIf41r6bdslo1_500

Doo Ho Choi needs to work on his striking defense. He also should have just taken Nagakura more seriously because Choi ate a lot of unnecessary punches that fight.

Also the ref was a moron this bout, I’m glad Nagakura’s corner was allowed to stop it.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:41 pm
wekka wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:Early contender for FOTY

Yup, I'd put it at number 2 behind Wand/Stann.  Both were great!

As of right now, i'd honestly rate it ahead of Wand/Stann.

The fight literally went everywhere, plus soccer kicks.

Unfortunately, this fight has really brought out a lot of critics of Choi, who feel as if he's been "Exposed".

If these people actually followed Choi, they'd know his striking defense has always been his weakest link.

The soccer kicks did really add to this one.

I don't think he was exposed. He went up against a solid opponent and got caught a few times.  He does need to work on the striking defense but overall his game is solid.  I think I should put him back in the FW contenders.  Shah will have to drop out but I think Choi should be there.  He fell off last month because Oishi's title win at ONE FC.

That was one exciting fight.
retrocausality

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:33 am

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum