GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Undefeated prospect Bubba Jenkins signs with Bellator MMA Empty Undefeated prospect Bubba Jenkins signs with Bellator MMA

Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm
Undefeated prospect Bubba Jenkins signs with Bellator MMA 0

Undefeated prospect and former NCAA Division I wrestling champion Bubba Jenkins (3-0) is Bellator MMA's newest signee.

Bellator officials today announced the new deal, which they labeled a "long-term promotional agreement."

"Bubba Jenkins is MMA's top young prospect, and we have the optimal developmental program to maximize that talent," Bellator CEO and Chairman Bjorn Rebney said. "Our mission is to sign and develop the world's best fighters. Bubba's development will be strategic and disciplined, taking all appropriate preliminary steps prior to his facing the rigors of the toughest tournament in sports."

Jenkins won the 2011 NCAA Division I title at 157 pounds while competing for Arizona State University. He turned pro in December 2011 and has since earned three first-round submission wins in three trips to the cage.

Jenkins recently served on UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones' coaching staff on "The Ultimate Fighter 17."

Bellator officials said Jenkins will get a number of non-tournament bouts before hopefully earning a spot in a future bracket.

"After sitting down with Bjorn, I really felt comfortable with the opportunity laid out for me, and this is where I want to be," Jenkins said. "Bellator is doing a lot of great things right now, and I want to be a part of it.

"I'm not here to step on any toes. I'm here to develop as an elite fighter, get my shot in the tournament and eventually compete for a world championship."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/05/undefeated-prospect-bubba-jenkins-signs-with-bellator-mma
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Undefeated prospect Bubba Jenkins signs with Bellator MMA Empty Re: Undefeated prospect Bubba Jenkins signs with Bellator MMA

Fri May 31, 2013 6:36 pm
*inb4 obligatory Bellator are slavedrivers comment from Realidea / some Stinker alt*
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum