GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

UFC signs Russian Fight Nights FW Ali Bagautinov 2012 world Combat Sambo Champion Empty UFC signs Russian Fight Nights FW Ali Bagautinov 2012 world Combat Sambo Champion

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 am
By sbnation.com on Jun 8 2013

Watch the most recent fight from newly acquired UFC flyweight Ali Bagautinov as he takes on Siji Ozuka at Fight Nights: Battle of Moscow 11.

The UFC is continuing it's slow crawl into Russia and Eastern Europe with the signing of top Russian Flyweight prospect Ali Bagautinov. Ariel Helwani broke the news on Twitter this week.

Bagautinov is a world Sambo champion, and was the current Fight Nights Flyweight Champion in the Moscow based promotion. After a rough start to his career he's gone on an 8 fight win streak over the past two years. Like many top prospects he's a proven finisher, with four wins coming by way of submission and another four by KO/TKO.

As with any new fighter entering the Flyweight division, he has to be considered an instant potential contender. After all John Moraga needed only 2 fights in the UFC and 14 in his career to get a shot at Demetrious Johnson's belt. If Bagautinov can make a big splash we could be seeing him in the discussion for a title shot quickly. At 27 he's neither a particularly young prospect, nor a particularly old one, but should probably be past the raw stage of his career. Considering his martial arts background and past fights I expect him to enter the octagon as a fairly polished product.

There hasn't been an official debut announcement, so his first UFC fight may not be for some time. Until then you can check out another previous fight against Andreas Bernhard:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/6/8/4408250/ufc-signs-flyweight-prospect-ali-bagautinov-seiji-ozuka-full-fight-video-mma-news

Last edited by Dagwood on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Dagwood
Dagwood

UFC signs Russian Fight Nights FW Ali Bagautinov 2012 world Combat Sambo Champion Empty Re: UFC signs Russian Fight Nights FW Ali Bagautinov 2012 world Combat Sambo Champion

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 am
I musta' missed this. I did a search and could find anything on it. Not sure if this was posted on some thread already.
Dagwood
Dagwood

UFC signs Russian Fight Nights FW Ali Bagautinov 2012 world Combat Sambo Champion Empty Re: UFC signs Russian Fight Nights FW Ali Bagautinov 2012 world Combat Sambo Champion

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 am
I've seen a few of his fights. This little guys is good.

This is about as good'a all around credentials as you'll ever see in MMA.

Ali Bagautinov

Born June 10, 1985 (age 27)
Kizlyar, Dagestan, Dagestan ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union

Other names
Puncher

Residence Moscow, Russia

Nationality Russian

Height 1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)
Weight 125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)

Division
Flyweight

Fighting out of
Moscow, Russia

Team
Fight Nights

Rank
International Master of Sports in Sambo
Master of Sports in Freestyle Wrestling
International Master of Sports in Pankration
Master of Sports in Hand-to-hand combat

Years active
2009-present
Professional boxing record
Total 1
Wins 1

Mixed martial arts record

Total 12
Wins 10
By knockout 4
By submission 4
By decision 2
Losses 2
By submission 2

Pedigree

MMA
- Fight Nights Flyweight Championship

Combat Sambo
- 2012 FIAS World Combat Sambo Championships Gold Medalist
- Dagestan Combat Sambo Champion.
- Winner Moscow Combat Sambo Cup (4-time).

Pankration
- Pankration Russian National Champion.
- Winner Moscow Cup (3-time).
- Winner World Cup.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Russian National Champion.

Wrestling
- Russian Greco-Roman Wrestling Silver Medalist. Shocked
- Dagestan Freestyle Wrestling Champion. Shocked

Hand-to-hand combat
- Hand-to-hand combat Dynamo Russian National Champion.
- Hand-to-hand combat medalist in the police force.

Grappling
- Russian Grappling National Champion (2-time).
- Winner Moscow Grappling Cup.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:30 pm
Definitely solid cred's all the right tools to make a solid impact as much as ufc sucking up high level guys I'm actually excited to see how he does and who his first opponent is.
wekka
wekka

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:37 pm
He might fight Dodson in his debut, with how shallow 125 is in the UFC.

Or Uyenoyama.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:18 pm
Dagwood wrote:I musta' missed this. I did a search and could find anything on it. Not sure if this was posted on some thread already.

No threads on it.  Just a short discussion when he got dropped from rankings in rankings thread.  We lost our Russian FLW but hope he does good in UFC.
KSW
KSW

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 am
It´s always bad when good fighters leave the G-MMA Rankings. I rather see him in M-1 and Bellator.
wekka
wekka

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 am
^ Bellator lost a big opportunity on getting a jump on the UFC's flyweight division.

I honestly don't mind the UFC adding depth to their 125 division. Its the second best in the world right now but they're the only organization that has top level flyweight fights readily available to watch.
KSW
KSW

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 am
wekka wrote:^ Bellator lost a big opportunity on getting a jump on the UFC's flyweight division.

I honestly don't mind the UFC adding depth to their 125 division. Its the second best in the world right now but they're the only organization that has top level flyweight fights readily available to watch.

You and me don´t seem to have the same vision when it comes to mma. I want other promotions to sign all good prospects so they can dethrone Zuffa. Zuffa already had their share of prospects and top fighters. I also want the top guys from UFC in Bellator, M-1, KSW and ONE.
wekka
wekka

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:56 am
Its just the fact that hardly anyone has flyweights outside of Japan. Its slim pickings compared to the other weight classes.
KSW
KSW

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:04 am
wekka wrote:Its just the fact that hardly anyone has flyweights outside of Japan. Its slim pickings compared to the other weight classes.

True, Bellator should have signed him. Bjorn needs to be slapped for not paying more attention to the top G-MMA fighters.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum