GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Ex-Bellator welterweight champ Lyman Good now officially a free agent Empty Ex-Bellator welterweight champ Lyman Good now officially a free agent

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:00 pm
After four years, Bellator MMA's first welterweight champion, Lyman Good, is leaving the promotion as a free agent.

Good's legal rep, David M. Fish, announced the departure today.

"The entire team at Bellator has been really good to me throughout my career and now they've given me the green light to go and fight anywhere I want," Good (15-3 MMA, 8-3 BFC) stated in a press release forwarded to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The 28-year-old Good was one of Bellator's first stars in the promotion's first events in 2009. He won the Season 1 welterweight tournament and inaugural welterweight title after three straight finishes.

His title reign would be cut short by Season 2 tourney winner Ben Askren, who handed him a decision loss in his first defense and remains champion. That led him to re-enlist in the Season 4 and Season 7 tournaments in hopes of winning a rematch.

Both times, he was halted by tournament champs, though he never was finished inside the Bellator cage. In his most recent appearance, he outpointed "The Ultimate Fighter 7" veteran Dante Rivera in a non-tourney bout.

Good, a native New Yorker who trains at Tiger Schulmann's MMA, leaves the promotion with an 8-3 record. He didn't rule out a return later in his career.

"I don't know where I'll end up next, but I'm going to keep fighting, and ... maybe I'll be back at Bellator at some point."

Bellator has dealt with a pair of highly publicized free agents in the past 18 months or so. Former middleweight champ Hector Lombard left for the UFC and made his debut with the promotion nearly a year ago. He has gone 1-2 there with a pair of split-decision losses.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/ex-bellator-welterweight-champ-lyman-good-now-officially-a-free-agent
wekka
wekka

Ex-Bellator welterweight champ Lyman Good now officially a free agent Empty Re: Ex-Bellator welterweight champ Lyman Good now officially a free agent

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:39 pm
Wow..
Bellator kind of sucks now.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Ex-Bellator welterweight champ Lyman Good now officially a free agent Empty Re: Ex-Bellator welterweight champ Lyman Good now officially a free agent

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:26 am
Why are they dropping some of their top fighters?
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:52 am
CDF47 wrote:Why are they dropping some of their top fighters?

bellator is getting on my nerves!!!! they cut lyman who is a solid fighter but they hype war machine???? wtf

also they are having problems with hawn, it appears he has only 1-2 fights left on his deal and they dont want to offer him an extension....

it looks like viacom likes ex-tuf fighters and care shit for real fighters...

their lhw mini gp is a joke, noe and babalu both loose to zayats and were part of it, and king mo and seth were coming off losses, wtf a 4 man 0-4 last fights gp...it sucks ass they want mo as the champ but dont get him tough opponents...

were is zayats, why not mikhail vs mo, mpumbu vs mo???

thats why alot of hardcore fans are loosing interest in bellator, their reality show is doing 450-500k viewers and their last event did the same, 500k in spike its not good at all
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:57 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Why are they dropping some of their top fighters?

bellator is getting on my nerves!!!! they cut lyman who is a solid fighter but they hype war machine???? wtf

also they are having problems with hawn, it appears he has only 1-2 fights left on his deal and they dont want to offer him an extension....

it looks like viacom likes ex-tuf fighters and care shit for real fighters...

their lhw mini gp is a joke, noe and babalu both loose to zayats and were part of it, and king mo and seth were coming off losses, wtf a 4 man 0-4 last fights gp...it sucks ass they want mo as the champ but dont get him tough opponents...

were is zayats, why not mikhail vs mo, mpumbu vs mo???

thats why alot of hardcore fans are loosing interest in bellator, their reality show is doing 450-500k viewers and their last event did the same, 500k in spike its not good at all
Yeah, some of these things are starting to get on my nerves as well.  Also, KSW wants to work with them and make the Khalidov/Shlemenko fight and they are unresponsive.  They need to start stepping the f**k up.
KSW
KSW

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 am
I also dislike how they focus on guys like war machine and petruzelli but they think that´s what the fans want. I prefer to see Zayats and fighters like him. Maybe this reality show has a negative effect on Bellator.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum