GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Shlemenko_fan

mainstream canadian sports media outlet has been writing up bellator lately Empty mainstream canadian sports media outlet has been writing up bellator lately

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:12 pm
Sportsnet.ca is either the #1 or #2 mainstream sports media outlet in Canada and I just noticed today they've been doing a few articles about bellator including previewing the 97 card on their website and reporting the Roy jones vs rampage rumor. They used to show the ufc prelims, had sports news anchor Hazel Mae get up and cut promos to get people excited before ufc ppvs started, and a shill named showdown joe Ferraro had an entire show on sportsnet pumping shitty UFC cards and slandering the bald mans enemies.

Recently they stopped having the prelims and suddenly on their website I'm seeing bellator stuff. Im gonna post some links to their bellator articles and hopefully you guys will click on them and leave a comment or two so they'll keep writing them up and maybe even eventually show some non UFC highlights during the televised sports newscasts.
Shlemenko_fan

mainstream canadian sports media outlet has been writing up bellator lately Empty Re: mainstream canadian sports media outlet has been writing up bellator lately

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:14 pm
Shlemenko_fan

mainstream canadian sports media outlet has been writing up bellator lately Empty Re: mainstream canadian sports media outlet has been writing up bellator lately

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
mainstream canadian sports media outlet has been writing up bellator lately 2266763299 
KSW
KSW

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:19 pm
That´s great. All sites should do the same. Bellator, M-1, KSW, WSOF, ONE FC and some other promotions have world class fighters and great events that should get as much coverage as the UFC events.
Adax

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 pm
Hey thanks for joining G-MMA, welcome!

That's good to see more proof that Bellator is becoming the true alternate for MMA in North America. Pre-Zuffa Strikeforce wishes it could've done as well as Bellator is doing now. cheers 
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:18 pm
Great to hear and welcome to G-MMA.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm
I don't think bellator is quite strikeforce level but it is rising greatly had strikeforce gotten Viacom money ufc would be gone.
Shlemenko_fan

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:13 pm
Thanks for the warm reception fellas! I'm pretty much gassed right now after 5.5 hours of watching some pretty intense mma so im gonna log off but I just wanted to post that sportsnet already announced the Tito rampage fight already too and have seriously given me some confidence that the zuffa media monopoly has some real cracks in it now. Good night :-) http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/former-ufc-champs-quinton-rampage-jackson-tito-ortiz-to-fight-at-bellator-mma-pay-per-view-event/
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:34 am
Interesting! Welcome to G-MMA, Shlemenko_fan!

However, the UFC still has a deal with Sportsnet (SN) in Canada. It used to appear across their five main platforms, SNW, SNO, SNE, SNP & SN1. Recently, the Rogers media empire, which owns SN, purchased the Score, another television network here in Canada. The Score often showed taped replays of Bellator MMA events. Instead of keeping the Score around, Rogers rebranded it, calling it SN360. It's only early days, but SN360 has a sh*t load of UFC content - UFC Unleashed, live prelims, UFC Wired, etc. So the live prelims haven't gone away, they've just been moved to another channel that is, for now, branded towards fight fans, even if they had to do away with their Bellator MMA rights to keep their deal with the UFC. They also have WWE on there a lot.

I'm slightly surprised SN are covering Bellator on their website, as they have a business deal with the UFC. By promoting other content, they take eyes away from the UFC product on their channels. However, it's possible they do want to appease fans of Bellator that used to watch their events on the Score! Also, SN has some journalistic integrity anyway, as their analysts are often critical of the Blue Jays. They also have their own magazine.

It's good to see, though. Doesn't Yahoo! Sports only have a "UFC" section? Rolling LMAO
Shlemenko_fan

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:01 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Interesting! Welcome to G-MMA, Shlemenko_fan!

However, the UFC still has a deal with Sportsnet (SN) in Canada. It used to appear across their five main platforms, SNW, SNO, SNE, SNP & SN1. Recently, the Rogers media empire, which owns SN, purchased the Score, another television network here in Canada. The Score often showed taped replays of Bellator MMA events. Instead of keeping the Score around, Rogers rebranded it, calling it SN360. It's only early days, but SN360 has a sh*t load of UFC content - UFC Unleashed, live prelims, UFC Wired, etc. So the live prelims haven't gone away, they've just been moved to another channel that is, for now, branded towards fight fans, even if they had to do away with their Bellator MMA rights to keep their deal with the UFC. They also have WWE on there a lot.

I'm slightly surprised SN are covering Bellator on their website, as they have a business deal with the UFC. By promoting other content, they take eyes away from the UFC product on their channels. However, it's possible they do want to appease fans of Bellator that used to watch their events on the Score! Also, SN has some journalistic integrity anyway, as their analysts are often critical of the Blue Jays. They also have their own magazine.

It's good to see, though. Doesn't Yahoo! Sports only have a "UFC" section? Rolling LMAO

Interesting. Do you think its possible the UFC was paying sportsnet to show their stuff and recently they maybe had a bit of a falling out or didn't want to pay as much so they switched everything to sn360 as a cheaper alternative? Because I doubt the score does anywhere close to the ratings as sportsnet and the whole thing seems odd. They even wrote up some much smaller mma promotions the other day too
http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/outside-the-octagon-julys-top-non-ufc-fights-2/
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 pm
Today on the news in sports they talked about Aldo vs jung unexpected....they usually talk about Diaz bros or faber fights but its cuz there Cali bred.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:06 pm
Shlemenko_fan you need to buy sportnet 360 to Watch prelim they dont stop
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:50 pm
Shlemenko_fan wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Interesting! Welcome to G-MMA, Shlemenko_fan!

Interesting. Do you think its possible the UFC was paying sportsnet to show their stuff and recently they maybe had a bit of a falling out or didn't want to pay as much so they switched everything to sn360 as a cheaper alternative? Because I doubt the score does anywhere close to the ratings as sportsnet and the whole thing seems odd. They even wrote up some much smaller mma promotions the other day too
http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/outside-the-octagon-julys-top-non-ufc-fights-2/

It's possible. Maybe UFC wasn't getting the same ratings as it once had? I've heard people have to pay for SN360, too. (I have it included in my HD sports package, though.)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum