GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion

+7
adam
wekka
CDF47
Adax
Deadanimal
MR.WILLIE
KSW
11 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion Empty M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:51 am
M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion 2364210

October 20, St. Petersburg, Russia

Results:

Satoshi Ishii def. Jeff Monson via decision
Marcin Tybura def Konstantin Gluhov via submission
Vyacheslav "Slava" Vasilevsky def. Vitor Nobrega via TKO
Lee Morrison def. Mikhail Malyutin via split decision
Andrei Semenov def Gregor Herb via decision

The finals of the MMA World Championship

FW: Said Nurmagomedov (Russia) def. Stahuv Roman (Spain) via submission  
LW: Ehtigat Adakishiev (Azerbaijan) def. Oleg Khachaturov (Ukraine) via unanimous decision
WW: Shavkad Rakhmanov (Kazakhstan) def. Ahliddin Mirzadovlatov (Uzbekistan) via TKO
MW: Nodar Kuduhashvili (Georgia) def. Shamil Abdullayev (Russia) via unanimous decision
LHW: Rashid Yusupov (Russia) beat Louis Pillon (Monaco) via TKO
HW: Znaur Hetagurov def. Zaur Gadzhibabaev (Azerbaijan) via unanimous decision

Last edited by KSW on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
MR.WILLIE

M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion Empty Re: M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:25 am
johan you beat me to it!!!!

nice 2 fights to start the event, but kudin has no bussiness fighting for the title!!! he loss in the gp and his price is fighting for the title, makes 0 sense to me, good fight do, but is not logical for kudin to fight for a belt, well actually both of them loose in the gp
MR.WILLIE

M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion Empty Re: M-1 Challenge 42 - Results & Discussion

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 am
but im ok with grabowski fighting the winner!!!
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:but im ok with grabowski fighting the winner!!!
Grabowski fighting the winner is a great move by M-1 and I don´t mind Kudin fighting for the title. He´s 3-0 in his last 3 fights, all finished in the first round including Mishchenko who beat Krylov two times. Kudin also beat Barjamaj who was on a good streak.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 am
KSW wrote:
Grabowski fighting the winner is a great move by M-1 and I don´t mind Kudin fighting for the title. He´s 3-0 in his last 3 fights, all finished in the first round including Mishchenko who beat Krylov two times. Kudin also beat Barjamaj who was on a good streak.
Kudin vs garner is a good fight but I don't agree with alexei deserving a title shot!
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:22 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
KSW wrote:
Kudin vs garner is a good fight but I don't agree with alexei deserving a title shot!
Malikov is busy, Grabowski will have to wait, Ka just lost (He beat Kudin but needs to rebound) Smoldarev is injured, Sergei is on a one fight deal so far, Tybura and Gluhov are busy fighting each other, Monson isn´t available.

I think this was the only way to get a HW titlefight on this card and Kudin has been impressive in his last 3. I´m super excited for the upcoming titlefights with Grabowski, Malikov, GP Winner and Smoldarev.
Deadanimal
Deadanimal

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 pm
would be cooler if Tybura got the chance for the title he is an exciting prospect

Last edited by Deadanimal on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:01 pm
Deadanimal wrote:would be cooler if Tybura got the chance for the title he is an exiting prospect
If Tybura wins the GP he might get the shot after Grabowski. Very exciting talent indeed.
Adax

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:04 pm
I've got Garner by decision. Nice match up if you forget about titles.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:28 pm
There are a list of M-1 HWs deserving of a title shot but not Kudin.  They should have waited if no one was available for this title fight.

Still looking forward to it though.  Gluhov/Tybura should be a good one.
KSW
KSW

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 am
CDF47 wrote:There are a list of M-1 HWs deserving of a title shot but not Kudin.  They should have waited if no one was available for this title fight.

In his last fight Kudin beat Mishchenko who was 6-0 including two wins against Nikita Krylov. This win is legit enough to give Kudin a titleshot.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:17 am
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:There are a list of M-1 HWs deserving of a title shot but not Kudin.  They should have waited if no one was available for this title fight.

In his last fight Kudin beat Mishchenko who was 6-0 including two wins against Nikita Krylov. This win is legit enough to give Kudin a titleshot.  
we dont agree here....kudin was bounce in the first round of the gp and his price for loosing is a title fight??

kudin/garner on paper is a good fight, the problem is that he does not desrve a title shot!!!!

they should have made gluhov vs kudin instead of giving gluhov a free pass to the finals also....is not fare

thats why im rooting for tybura
KSW
KSW

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
KSW wrote:

we dont agree here....kudin was bounce in the first round of the gp and his price for loosing is a title fight??

kudin/garner on paper is a good fight, the problem is that he does not desrve a title shot!!!!

they should have made gluhov vs kudin instead of giving gluhov a free pass to the finals also....is not fare

thats why im rooting for tybura
M-1 has non exclusive contracts so we have to look at all fights, not just the M-1 fights. Fact remains that Kudin won his last 3 and one of them was a very legit win. Of course there are other fighters who deserve it more but I rather see Garner fight now than later.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:34 pm
I don't mind the fight but there are more deserving HWs who should be fighting for the belt.
KSW
KSW

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:39 pm
CDF47 wrote:I don't mind the fight but there are more deserving HWs who should be fighting for the belt.
Of course, if you want to wait until the end of this year or next year for the title fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:46 pm
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:I don't mind the fight but there are more deserving HWs who should be fighting for the belt.
Of course, if you want to wait until the end of this year or next year for the title fight.
Grabowski would be a better one that could happen now.  There are a list of fighters but many have fights lined up or are injured but Grabowski is available.
KSW
KSW

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:48 pm
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:
Grabowski would be a better one that could happen now.  There are a list of fighters but many have fights lined up or are injured but Grabowski is available.
From mixfight.ru
Damian Grabowski forced to fight off the last fight on the contract with the Polish organization MMA Attack, which was signed a few years ago and after a sudden revival of the company after its long collapse regained legal effect.  This fight is scheduled for October 25, after which most likely will be released in the winter Damian to fight against the winner of the match Kudin - Garner.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:14 pm
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:
From mixfight.ru
Damian Grabowski forced to fight off the last fight on the contract with the Polish organization MMA Attack, which was signed a few years ago and after a sudden revival of the company after its long collapse regained legal effect.  This fight is scheduled for October 25, after which most likely will be released in the winter Damian to fight against the winner of the match Kudin - Garner.
Cool.  Glad he will be getting a title shot soon.  Hope he wins at MMA Attack
MR.WILLIE

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:53 pm
The best fight of the card might not be part of the gp nor the title fight, ishii vs monson!

Ishii by udec
wekka
wekka

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:49 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:The best fight of the card might not be part of the gp nor the title fight, ishii vs monson!

Ishii by udec
Even with Monson being on a two fight skid, this is definitely the best fight so far.
KSW
KSW

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:45 am
Slava will fight at M-1 Challenge 42. Here´s an interview for those who understand russian.

adam
adam

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:58 am
Always a treat to watch Slava fight.

wekka wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:The best fight of the card might not be part of the gp nor the title fight, ishii vs monson!

Ishii by udec
Even with Monson being on a two fight skid, this is definitely the best fight so far.
I agree. It'll be interesting to see who initiates the grappling first or if it even goes there.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Ishii by udec
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that one as well.
Adax

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:58 pm
Wow this card is turning out great. Knock on wood that these announced matches stay locked in and that there's no pre-fight injuries.
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:08 pm
I would like to add that Kudin has 2 wins against Gluhov. Maybe M-1 had that in mind when they gave him the titleshot.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum