GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport

+10
Heretic
backdoor to zuffa
nodogoshi
wekka
Realidea
adam
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Slugger O'Toole
Adax
fka
14 posters
Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport Empty adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:31 pm
http://www.bjpenn.com/boxer-adrien-broner-on-mma-i-really-dont-look-at-it-as-a-real-sport/

Wow......

Broner is a fucking clueless ass lmfao Smile

He says anyone can do mma and be a champ but in boxing your only born with it.

Yeah because training for boxing/ Kickboxing, the Clinch game,wrestling and submission grappling is soooo much easier then learning to box haha fucking idiot.

I bet James toney and Manny tapia completely agree. Smile

In mma you constantly face former professional boxers kickboxers and have Olympic level wrestling and grappling.

Boxing its all hands and hips you can definitely learn to box easier than to be in mma.
fka
fka

adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport Empty Re: adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:39 pm
Seriously telling a reporter you can go learn all the submissions and everything and go be a champ haha

God yet another egotistical boxer with no clue about combat sports a fucking shame.

Broner should focus on boxing and help keeping that relevant instead of running his mouth about something and basically sticking his head right up his ass.

FUCK YOU BRONER YOU AND ARUM SHOULD GO JUMP OFF THE NEAREST BUILDING!
Adax

adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport Empty Re: adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:46 pm
Well to be fair MMA isn't actually a real sport yet, but Broner's reasons why are obviously nonsense slander to garner more attention and hype for his fights. He's just promoting himself and what he does to make money.

If I were to attempt to take any serious points from Broner, I'd pick out that he is probably talking on the mastery of boxing. Yeah maybe it's easier to pick up but I think he's implying at the highest level a lot of people, let alone top MMA fighters, wouldn't cut it.
Adax

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:51 pm
fka wrote:Seriously telling a reporter you can go learn all the submissions and everything and go be a champ haha

God yet another egotistical boxer with no clue about combat sports a fucking shame.

Broner should focus on boxing and help keeping that relevant instead of running his mouth about something and basically sticking his head right up his ass.

FUCK YOU BRONER YOU AND ARUM SHOULD GO JUMP OFF THE NEAREST BUILDING!
adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport 363752308 

Hahah fka Broner got you fired up man, let's keep it classy though. We all know it's just talk, he doesn't care and is just saying whatever. If he was serious he'd try to be a champ in MMA. bounce 
fka
fka

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm
Yeah pissed me right off.

I can kinda see what he's saying but mma has many more variables and is much harder to master IMO.

I believe it would be much more likely for a mma fighter to transition and be successful in boxing then vice versa.

I've heard this from many mma fighters and coaches.....

Striking is a mastery of your own body whereas grappling is a mastery of body and mind.

Basically you can become a good striker later after you mastered grappling (jacare is a good example)

Its much more difficult to become a great grappler after mastering striking.
Slugger O'Toole
Slugger O'Toole

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:30 pm
Broner is correct.
fka
fka

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:32 pm
No
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:05 pm
adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport Tumblr_mpsg3hY9Rs1qhki4ao1_400

adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport Tumblr_mmd2yojQTd1qjpqono1_500
adam
adam

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 pm
He just said that to create controversy.

He posted an apology later.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:04 pm
adam wrote:He just said that to create controversy.

He probably only apologized because Al Haymon told him to do so, most likely because GBP are doing smaller shows on FS1 and the UFC is trying to have a good relationship with Oscar, Schaefer, etc.
adam
adam

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:09 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:
adam wrote:He just said that to create controversy.

He probably only apologized because Al Haymon told him to do so, most likely because GBP are doing smaller shows on FS1 and the UFC is trying to have a good relationship with Oscar, Schaefer, etc.
Could be.
Realidea
Realidea

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:16 pm
Boxing>>>>>>MMA when it comes to skill. All the Boxing rejects go to MMA and become Champions Rolling LMAO
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:24 pm
Realidea wrote:Boxing>>>>>>MMA when it comes to skill. All the Boxing rejects go to MMA and become Champions Rolling LMAO
cheers 
wekka
wekka

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:32 pm
Manny Tapia was a boxer?

Are you sure you're not confusing him with Johnny?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:38 am
“I’m really not too big on MMA,” said Broner. “I really don’t look at it as a real sport because anybody can come into MMA and learn that. You can learn that. Listen, you can’t just come in to boxing and be a world champion. You’ve got to be born with it.” “Like you,” he said to the interviewer. “Right now, you can go into MMA, learn all the submission moves and be a world champion. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. I don’t give a f— what you do, you can try to come over to boxing, and you won’t ever be a world champion. I’m not disrespecting you, but I’m just saying, that’s how it works.” - See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/boxer-adrien-broner-on-mma-i-really-dont-look-at-it-as-a-real-sport/#sthash.QDyZTZ5j.dpuf wrote:
I largely agree with him.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 am
Boxing is a very specialized sport. There are some unorthodox fighters who make it to the top. Mayorga comes to mind. For the most part though, there is nowhere to hide in a boxing ring. Mayorga was also very skilled in some areas.

In MMA, there are just a lot more ways to win.

Also, MMA isn't a real sport. It's basically organized like pro wrestling.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:16 am
Slugger O'Toole wrote:Broner is correct.
Agreed.
Heretic
Heretic

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:35 am
If PRIDE was still around most people would disagree with Broner. But i can agree to partially to what he says
adam
adam

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:51 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
I largely agree with him.
Me too.

I don't agree with the anyone "can learn submission moves and be a world champion" in MMA part.

But I think boxing is a harder sport to make it to a world class level in.
fka
fka

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm
Fuck broner Smile
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:25 pm
fka wrote:Fuck broner Smile
Broner is a douche bag, but I don't see him being a douche in this particular commentary at all.

Like adam said above, there are some inaccuracies in what he said, but a lot of it is true.
loyalty13
loyalty13

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:49 pm
How many solid wrestlers come in with no mma training and find immediate success ? if you can hump a man on the ground or hug him on the cage, you can be a champ.. cole konrad comes to mind. He worked his game as he went on but he won a lot of fight with no striking at all.
fka
fka

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:24 pm
Mma isn't just striking a lot of guys aren't well rounded that's why an elite wrestler can own a lot.

Mma at its lower levels I agree

At elite level no fucking way its harder to be champ and to STAY champ in mma.

You HAVE to have stand-up and ground boxing all you worry about is punches.

Comparing mma and boxing is apples and oranges.

Boxing and Kickboxing I prefer Kickboxing and believe kick boxing is the superior combat sport.

Whens the last time boxers had to fight more then once a night against top guys ....never.

But I bet broner would say all u have to do is learn all the kicks and you could be champ lmfao fucking idiot.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:52 pm
It´s definietly a sport but mma needs an unbiased international mma organization. I wish there will be something similar to WAMMA in the future where fighters from all promotions can fight for real World titles.

The G-MMA Rankings will be used to determine title contenders for the World Titles
adrien broner says mma isnt a real sport 550350388
Realidea
Realidea

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 pm
fka wrote:Mma isn't just striking a lot of guys aren't well rounded that's why an elite wrestler can own a lot.

Mma at its lower levels I agree

At elite level no fucking way its harder to be champ and to STAY champ in mma.

You HAVE to have stand-up and ground boxing all you worry about is punches.

Comparing mma and boxing is apples and oranges.

Boxing and Kickboxing I prefer Kickboxing and believe kick boxing is the superior combat sport.

Whens the last time boxers had to fight more then once a night against top guys ....never.

But I bet broner would say all u have to do is learn all the kicks and you could be champ lmfao fucking idiot.
LOL. Yes its way easier to be champ in mma. Thats a fact. BROCK LESNAR No
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum