GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

There is one things we now know about John Jones Empty There is one things we now know about John Jones

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 pm
He has almost zero boxing skills.

Jones has no real skill in throwing combinations & counter striking. He has no hooks either way and his power in his hands is more than suspect. His jabs... I've only seen a few so I don't know. His head movement is not good and he has weak boxing defense. This is a huge weekness.

We have now seen that Jones has been exposed when his opponent is in his face taking the fight 'to him' very aggressively. It was not just Gustafson's reach that made his so successful. It's that he walked right through Jones little knee kicks and front kicks to get inside his reach and then punished the crap out of him.

Everybody else fights Jones scared on the outside afraid of him in his optimum range for everything. Hmmm where have we seen that before in one weight class lower.

backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

There is one things we now know about John Jones Empty Re: There is one things we now know about John Jones

Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:46 pm
Jon Jones has never shown any boxing skill to begin with because he's never had to actually learn to punch. Why risk getting knocked out in a real fight when you can just use your height and reach to do bullshit kneecap kicks and keep your opponent at range? He is not the MMA god that zuffa hypes him to be. A very good fighter, obviously. The best MMA athlete ever? Puh-LEEZ. He is incredibly lucky to have size and reach advantages. Not to mention, LHW division isn't great anymore, so this inflates his status even more. I mean, if a guy like Glover Teixeira is in title contention, something is wrong.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

There is one things we now know about John Jones Empty Re: There is one things we now know about John Jones

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:43 pm
Yeah cuz glovers so awful lmao come on man
adam
adam

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:00 pm
I was surprised at how bad his boxing got exposed.

I knew he had more of a kickboxing style but man his hands were bad.

He looked bad fighting someone his own size and not someone who is or could fight at middleweight like Vitor, Shogun, Rashad, Chael.

Hard to land those beautiful combos that took out Shogun when someone can tag you back just as easily.
fka
fka

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:29 pm
Yeah and Jones should be fighting hw cutting to lhw saves his ass.

Aside from Gus who had great hands and is of equal size I don't still dont see anyone aside from Gus really able to recreate that success.
loyalty13
loyalty13

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:06 pm
Ok, here also if permissible:D Very Happy :

There is one things we now know about John Jones Dmgsb2n
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 am
loyalty13
loyalty13

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 am
lol
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:25 pm
fka wrote:Yeah cuz glovers so awful lmao come on man
Glover is practically a glorified brawler with mediocre technique. He's a decent enough all around fighter. Just not the monster zuffa and a lot of fans paint him to be, and certainly not championship caliber imo. But hey, prove me wrong Glover.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:48 pm
http://mmalinker.com/forum/topic98347.html?forum_uri=jon-jones-has-mediocre-boxing&sid=7d37db80191335571b5e2437c09baa73

POST DATE: MARCH 24, 2012

"JON JONES HAS MEDIOCRE BOXING"

KoolAD wrote:He should mirror himself after:

Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)

There is one things we now know about John Jones Wladimir-belt-630

Lennox Lewis (Britain/Canada)

There is one things we now know about John Jones Lennox-lewis

Two ATG heavyweights that were both gigantic men, as well as possessing monstrous reach advantages over their opponents in the ring. As we all know, MMA fighters have terrible chins and even worse defence. Jones, who holds a similar reach and size advantage over his opponents, would be much more effective with a stinging jab. Imagine him being able to pick apart his opponents for 2-3 rounds with a jab, penetrating their sloppy guards, and then finishing them off in a flurry of pugilistic mastery in the third/fourth! The best fighters use their physical gifts, their "God Given Powers," to their advantage.

Jones's boxing, as it has been shown in his fighters up to this point, is pretty lackluster: he cannot fight on the inside and, most importantly, he does not know how to utilize his length. I would recommend going to train at Kronk gym with Emmanuel Steward, the legendary boxing trainer of W. Klitschko, Lewis, Hearns, and others. Now, training here would mean that Jones would have to leave Greg Jackson's Martial Arts and the very comfortable desert vista of NM to move to Detroit, in a gym that houses many tough, inner city blacks. I don't know how Jones would handle this transition, as he is does not share the same "hood"/"ghetto" mentality of some of the gym's denizens; Jones, if I can be blunt, has a very "white" personality and is even married to an attractive white woman. However, Jones's strong belief in God would make him a fit amongst some fighters in this gym - that is, those who have not spent some time in prison and possibly converted to Islam while behind bars.

Jones would have to stay here for a period of time, as solid fundamentals are not learned in a matter of weeks but months, even years. Yet, I'm not sure how sold Jones would be on this idea of moving. He could maybe bring Emmanuel to him, but this decision would cost money, money that Jones likes to spend. It has been well-documented that Jones loves his toys - see his recent purchase of a Rolls Royce, an expensive auto-mobile. However, I feel Jones should spend this money on his training, as his poor boxing may lead him to getting savagely knocked out - as Lewis was to McCall, and Wladimir was to Corrie Saunders before moving to Kronk - and him losing everything before he can truly become "great."

If he does take my advice, two things will happen: Emmanuel would teach him some great skills, including the ability to use his height plus reach to make his opponents wilt early with the stinging jab of a viper; and he would teach him how to "take a fight to the streets" when need be, much like Lewis did to Tyson in their famous showdown.

There is one things we now know about John Jones _42236834_boxing_416
There is one things we now know about John Jones 2039123_display_image
There is one things we now know about John Jones Lewis1
There is one things we now know about John Jones GYI0062741800
RIP MANNY STEWARD!
fka
fka

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:17 pm
Mma fighters have terrible chins?????

Put mma gloves on boxers and see if a fight lasts a round.

I've seen guys take kneese elbows what have you square and walk through.

I'd love to see some boxers take some headkicks and see what's good lol
fka
fka

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Mma fighters have terrible chins?????

Put mma gloves on boxers and see if a fight lasts a round.

I've seen guys take kneese elbows what have you square and walk through.

I'd love to see some boxers take some headkicks and see what's good lol
Slugger O'Toole
Slugger O'Toole

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:34 am
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:http://mmalinker.com/forum/topic98347.html?forum_uri=jon-jones-has-mediocre-boxing&sid=7d37db80191335571b5e2437c09baa73

POST DATE: MARCH 24, 2012

"JON JONES HAS MEDIOCRE BOXING"

KoolAD wrote:He should mirror himself after:

Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)

There is one things we now know about John Jones Wladimir-belt-630

Lennox Lewis (Britain/Canada)

There is one things we now know about John Jones Lennox-lewis

Two ATG heavyweights that were both gigantic men, as well as possessing monstrous reach advantages over their opponents in the ring. As we all know, MMA fighters have terrible chins and even worse defence. Jones, who holds a similar reach and size advantage over his opponents, would be much more effective with a stinging jab. Imagine him being able to pick apart his opponents for 2-3 rounds with a jab, penetrating their sloppy guards, and then finishing them off in a flurry of pugilistic mastery in the third/fourth! The best fighters use their physical gifts, their "God Given Powers," to their advantage.

Jones's boxing, as it has been shown in his fighters up to this point, is pretty lackluster: he cannot fight on the inside and, most importantly, he does not know how to utilize his length. I would recommend going to train at Kronk gym with Emmanuel Steward, the legendary boxing trainer of W. Klitschko, Lewis, Hearns, and others. Now, training here would mean that Jones would have to leave Greg Jackson's Martial Arts and the very comfortable desert vista of NM to move to Detroit, in a gym that houses many tough, inner city blacks. I don't know how Jones would handle this transition, as he is does not share the same "hood"/"ghetto" mentality of some of the gym's denizens; Jones, if I can be blunt, has a very "white" personality and is even married to an attractive white woman. However, Jones's strong belief in God would make him a fit amongst some fighters in this gym - that is, those who have not spent some time in prison and possibly converted to Islam while behind bars.

Jones would have to stay here for a period of time, as solid fundamentals are not learned in a matter of weeks but months, even years. Yet, I'm not sure how sold Jones would be on this idea of moving. He could maybe bring Emmanuel to him, but this decision would cost money, money that Jones likes to spend. It has been well-documented that Jones loves his toys - see his recent purchase of a Rolls Royce, an expensive auto-mobile. However, I feel Jones should spend this money on his training, as his poor boxing may lead him to getting savagely knocked out - as Lewis was to McCall, and Wladimir was to Corrie Saunders before moving to Kronk - and him losing everything before he can truly become "great."

If he does take my advice, two things will happen: Emmanuel would teach him some great skills, including the ability to use his height plus reach to make his opponents wilt early with the stinging jab of a viper; and he would teach him how to "take a fight to the streets" when need be, much like Lewis did to Tyson in their famous showdown.

There is one things we now know about John Jones _42236834_boxing_416
There is one things we now know about John Jones 2039123_display_image
There is one things we now know about John Jones Lewis1
There is one things we now know about John Jones GYI0062741800
RIP MANNY STEWARD!
What a post this was. RIP user KoolAD.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:42 am
Rest in peace Manny and KoolAD. Crying or Very sad
KSW
KSW

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:32 am
There is one things we now know about John Jones 923379_234393256715150_822562610_n
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum