GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did Empty The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:59 am

The 11 Things That Jon Jones 'Does' Better Than Fedor Did

1. Black genes
2. Reach (6"-10" advantage in almost every fight)
3. Sharp elbow bones
4. Height (2"-4" advantage in almost every fight)
5. Timing - 25% (5) of wins against fighters well on the downside of their careers... or career at LHW (Sonnen, Jackson, Shogun, Machida, Matyushenko)
6. 30% (6) of wins vs guys with no Wiki pages
7. 15% (3) of wins vs MW's 20lbs lighter
8. Never fighting most opponents with a weight disadvantage of 20lb-100lbs+
9. Never fighting & beating any world champion or Olympian medalist (or non) strikers, submission grapplers, or wrestlers
10. Fighting dirty
11. Being an arrogant prick
Adax

The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did Empty Re: The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:25 am
(dis)honorable mentions:

1. Snitching
2. Drunk driving
3. Getting gotten to
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did Empty Re: The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am
I'm no Jon Jones fan but do we really need to do that to his record/wins saying so and so was on the downslide or sucks. I'm sure theres zuffa zombies that do the same to Fedor.

Gus gave him a great fight and won imo 3-2 although it was close i hope to see them battle again.
MuayTyson

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:50 am
stu3ufc wrote:I'm no Jon Jones fan but do we really need to do that to his record/wins saying so and so was on the downslide or sucks. I'm sure theres zuffa zombies that do the same to Fedor.

Gus gave him a great fight and won imo 3-2 although it was close i hope to see them battle again.

AGREED

The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did PbZqGtJ
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:02 am
Dagwood wrote:
The 11 Things That Jon Jones 'Does' Better Than Fedor Did

1. Black genes
2. Reach (6"-10" advantage in almost every fight)
3. Sharp elbow bones
4. Height (2"-4" advantage in almost every fight)
5. Timing - 25% (5) of wins against fighters well on the downside of their careers... or career at LHW (Sonnen, Jackson, Shogun, Machida, Matyushenko)
6. 30% (6) of wins vs guys with no Wiki pages
7. 15% (3) of wins vs MW's 20lbs lighter
8. Never fighting most opponents with a weight disadvantage of 20lb-100lbs+
9. Never fighting & beating any world champion or Olympian medalist (or non) strikers, submission grapplers, or wrestlers
10. Fighting dirty
11. Being an arrogant prick

#5 just killed me.

The 11 things that Jon Jones does better than Fedor did 3077217049 
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:03 am
stu3ufc wrote:I'm no Jon Jones fan but do we really need to do that to his record/wins saying so and so was on the downslide or sucks. I'm sure theres zuffa zombies that do the same to Fedor.

It's a goddamn internet forum.

Just relax, pour yourself a drink, and enjoy the jokes.
Brock Rogers

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:42 pm
Stu is right. There isn't a fighter who's resume you can't pick apart. People have done it to Fedor forever and showing Jones the same treatment is the surest sign of greatness. I mean, anyone here thinking of making a post diminishing the accomplishments of say... Ryan Bader. Of course not. He doesn't matter enough.

Jones is a dick. No doubt. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to see him get laid out by Gus or Cormier.

But he's already an all time great whether anyone here wants to accept it or not.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:40 pm
You forgot poking people in the eye.

#9 really does tarnish his legacy, too.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 pm
Brock Rogers wrote:Stu is right. There isn't a fighter who's resume you can't pick apart.  People have done it to Fedor forever and showing Jones the same treatment is the surest sign of greatness. I mean, anyone here thinking of making a post diminishing the accomplishments of say... Ryan Bader. Of course not. He doesn't matter enough.

Jones is a dick. No doubt. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to see him get laid out by Gus or Cormier.

But he's already an all time great whether anyone here wants to accept it or not.

Turn ufc new breeder bs weapons around... then use them right back against them to defeat them = No defense.

Look guys, I did this list to mock many of the statements that Fedor haters use in the GOAT discussion to try and discredit him and his record. Some others were to show that Fedor never had the huge list of physical advantages that the new breed much evolved MMA wunderkind Jones has had over almost all his competition. The remaining were to mock the continual competition level bashes against Fedor when Jones' competition has no World Champion or Olympic striking, submission grappling, or wrestling world class athletes or even sub-international level Div I NCAA Wrestling Champions.

My backlash MO on forums, as well as in life is to meet ignorance and ludacris hypocrisy with an equal and opposite force. I put the same shoe back on someone's statements/arguements in hopes the will see how stupid and/or incorrect they really are. Usually the message  is completely lost on them. Those others more fair & enlightened chuckle at how I' turned things around on someone. Like a Fedor hater using their bashing technique to show that their favorite UFC falls short of their idiotic attemps at logic (e.g. - "got ko'd by a MW" or "fought mostly cans, freakshow fights, UFC drop outs, has been fighters).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum