GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jones vs texeira next, no Gustafsson

+5
SRC
Heretic
backdoor to zuffa
RussianTopTeam
MR.WILLIE
9 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

Jones vs texeira next, no Gustafsson Empty Jones vs texeira next, no Gustafsson

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:20 pm
UFC president Dana White confirmed Jones' next opponent to ESPN.com on Wednesday. According to White, Jones personally requested to fight Teixeira next.

"That's what the champ wants," White said. "We'll probably have that fight on the Super Bowl card in New Jersey."

Bloodyelbow.com
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Jones vs texeira next, no Gustafsson Empty Re: Jones vs texeira next, no Gustafsson

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:20 am
Alex Gustafsson will get that belt sooner or later it's only a matter of time. Bones can only run and hide for so long.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Jones vs texeira next, no Gustafsson Empty Re: Jones vs texeira next, no Gustafsson

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:19 am
Yep. The rematch will happen. That is unless Jones decides to go up to heavyweight, but given what we saw last Saturday, I'd say that's highly unlikely. UFC better not give us crap like Phil Davis vs. Jon Jones or other bullshit fights like that after the Glover fight.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:35 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Yep. The rematch will happen. That is unless Jones decides to go up to heavyweight, but given what we saw last Saturday, I'd say that's highly unlikely. UFC better not give us crap like Phil Davis vs. Jon Jones or other bullshit fights like that after the Glover fight.
they will protect Bones as long as sponsors keep pumping in cash into Zuffa
Heretic
Heretic

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:19 pm
the LHW division in the UFC is sad... used to be one of there best weight classes
SRC
SRC

Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:33 am
Jones won't ever go to Heavyweight because he'll have to fight legitimate competition! Gus is a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but he hasn't entered his prime! Jones fight IQ isn't what it should be for the experience he has and it showed. Gus was just exploiting openings in the 4th until he got a little sloppy and ate a well times Jones elbow. Jones should crush Texeira, and it pains me to say it because I like parody in a division!
Thar_She_Blows

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:30 am
''Jones should crush Texeira''

i hope your wrong. legs kicks will be be factor in Jon's demise. every fight i hope his opponent targets those chicken legs. prime shogun would have gave Jones big problems.

can't blame Jones for not wanting immediate rematch. Gus whopped his ass and was robbed imo, unanimous decision Rolling Eyes .but you have to finish the champion to be champ most the time.
wekka
wekka

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 am
I'd like to think Teixeira has more power than Gustafsson and his grappling is safe to say, probably better too. He just doesn't have the footwork or boxing to really cause Jones too much problems.

I'm fine with this fight in the meantime, though.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 am
Thar_She_Blows wrote:''Jones should crush Texeira''

i hope your wrong. legs kicks will be be factor in Jon's demise. every fight i hope his opponent targets those chicken legs. prime shogun would have gave Jones big problems.

can't blame Jones for not wanting immediate rematch. Gus whopped his ass and was robbed imo, unanimous decision Rolling Eyes.but you have to finish the champion to be champ most the time.

Arona would have snapped those toothpicks with his leg kicks. First UFC fight stoppage for tapping due to low leg kicks. Arona also would have run Jones through that back of the cage smashing him to the ground at will and and keeping him there. People have finally realized you don't stand afraid at the end of Jones or Anderson reach. Arona could close the distance better than almost anyone throwing punches to collison then a smashing TD. Like Gus he wouldn't be afraid to walk thru those little front & knee kicks.

I don't care what any post-TUF new-breeders say. Prime Arona & Shogun would walk thru Jones. Prime Wand on a good day would overwhelm Jones early. The level of skill these guys had in their primes is beyond the new era top guys. What do you think would happen if prime-Fedor walked in off the street at 230lbs and fought 'walk-around Jones' at the same weight. Haha. Today's Fedor for that matter 4-5 inches shorter and the same off fight weight.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:39 pm
Looks like coach Jackson gave this jabroni some good advice.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum