GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mikal
Mikal

Masvidal "cannot stand Russians" Empty Masvidal "cannot stand Russians"

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:33 am
Masvidal "cannot stand Russians" Vox7cp
Mikal
Mikal

Masvidal "cannot stand Russians" Empty Re: Masvidal "cannot stand Russians"

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am
Khabilov is Dagestani, so to try and fault him for things that Russia did for Fidel is just.. wow.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 am
No doubt zoofa will promote Masvidal's antipathy and ignorance in the weeks to come. They will probably push certain buttons to generate "more heat" between the two.
Mikal
Mikal

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:56 am
It's just hilarious that you know the American vs. Evil Russian undertones are coming with this fight being on the Fight for the Troops card. Anti-Russian sentiment is at a high in America right now due to the issues in Syria, Snowden, etc. They will likely play up this angle even though Khabilov has every reason to hate ethnic Russians and Masvidal should relate with him if anything.
adam
adam

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:58 pm
kind of edgy and maybe one would even say a little racist.

I like Masvidal but unfortunately saying ridiculous stuff is the new way to hype fights now.
SRC
SRC

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:44 pm
Mikal wrote:It's just hilarious that you know the American vs. Evil Russian  undertones are coming with this fight being on the Fight for the Troops card. Anti-Russian sentiment is at a high in America right now due to the issues in Syria, Snowden, etc. They will likely play up this angle even though Khabilov has every reason to hate ethnic Russians and Masvidal should relate with him if anything.  
Good thing you live in Canada, because holy shit you couldn't be more wrong. Most American's agreed with Putin in the first place. It was the bias media outlets who tried saying otherwise. Snowden really gets zero coverage even though me and many others consider him a hero.

adam wrote:kind of edgy and maybe one would even say a little racist.

I like Masvidal but unfortunately saying ridiculous stuff is the new way to hype fights now.
Not even remotely racist. He's clearly indicating his dislike for Russia is due to the fact they uprooted his family because they supplied Videl Cashflow with weapons and put him into a position of abusive power. Is it right? No. We also don't share his perspective either. His life is vastly different than ours.

Last edited by SRC on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:46 pm
Its a Cuban versus Russian battle. This appeased to the American military demographic, since the evil empires will attempt to destroy one another.
SRC
SRC

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:48 pm
Also, the whole vs thing is ridiculous. It's fight for the troops but holy shit, nobody cares, especially the military when it comes to that stuff. These guys just do their jobs. They don't care about nationalities. They go to shithole countries and only want to help, but instead they have other orders.
Mikal
Mikal

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 pm
SRC wrote:Also, the whole vs thing is ridiculous. It's fight for the troops but holy shit, nobody cares, especially the military when it comes to that stuff. These guys just do their jobs. They don't care about nationalities. They go to shithole countries and only want to help, but instead they have other orders.
What do you mean nobody cares? USA is chanted almost every event when there's an American vs a foreigner. Obviously people care and obviously these "my country vs. your country" fights appeal to the audience.
Mikal
Mikal

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:15 pm
SRC wrote:
Mikal wrote:It's just hilarious that you know the American vs. Evil Russian  undertones are coming with this fight being on the Fight for the Troops card. Anti-Russian sentiment is at a high in America right now due to the issues in Syria, Snowden, etc. They will likely play up this angle even though Khabilov has every reason to hate ethnic Russians and Masvidal should relate with him if anything.  
Good thing you live in Canada, because holy shit you couldn't be more wrong. Most American's agreed with Putin in the first place. It was the bias media outlets who tried saying otherwise. Snowden really gets zero coverage even though me and many others consider him a hero.
May I ask where exactly you are pulling your numbers from? "Most American's" and "Many others" are hardly convincing when every major news source I've seen say otherwise.

Even though none of this was really part of the initial point in regards to Masvidal's ignorant comments, I'm still interested.
Fairweather

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:02 pm
He's gonna look very silly if he gets owned.
Adax

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:06 pm
Lol Masvidal fought in backyards against Kimbo's friends, can't seriously expect him to understand the difference between Russia and Dagestan.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:36 pm
Masvidal doesn't think before he speaks. He will pay for his words. The Caucas warrior is one of the toughest in the world and will teach this miami street punk what respect is.
SRC
SRC

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:51 pm
Mikal wrote:
SRC wrote:
May I ask where exactly you are pulling your numbers from? "Most American's" and "Many others" are hardly convincing when every major news source I've seen say otherwise.

Even though none of this was really part of the initial point in regards to Masvidal's ignorant comments, I'm still interested.
My numbers? I live in America. I work to build a healthy culture within businesses. These people tend to have a pretty worldly view and I talk to employees daily about things like this. I go outside, I have a life off of this website. It's the magic of fucking walking or driving places to meet friends and talk to people. You ever try it?

Mikal wrote:
SRC wrote:Also, the whole vs thing is ridiculous. It's fight for the troops but holy shit, nobody cares, especially the military when it comes to that stuff. These guys just do their jobs. They don't care about nationalities. They go to shithole countries and only want to help, but instead they have other orders.
What do you mean nobody cares? USA is chanted almost every event when there's an American vs a foreigner. Obviously people care and obviously these "my country vs. your country" fights appeal to the audience.
Just because someone starts a USA chant doesn't mean it's a viewpoint of most Americans. Being drunk and chanting doesn't do the same as being sober and cheering. Hell, a Filipino was the biggest draw in America for a while. Nobody was chanting USA USA USA then.
wekka
wekka

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 pm
Shit, I hear people chant USA even when an American isn't fighting.
Adax

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:07 am
SRC wrote:My numbers? I live in America.
Psst..
..your location says Japan Masvidal "cannot stand Russians" 177911770 

SRC wrote:I work to build a healthy culture within businesses. These people tend to have a pretty worldly view and I talk to employees daily about things like this.
Good for you, a man of the people Masvidal "cannot stand Russians" 2859867778

SRC wrote:I go outside, I have a life off of this website. It's the magic of fucking walking or driving places to meet friends and talk to people. You ever try it?
affraid Damn, we've got the most socially sophisticated person in America posting here on G-MMA guys!

In all seriousness though SRC, why get rude? This last part of your comment is pointless, might make sense against a shut-in user with a post count like mine Masvidal "cannot stand Russians" 2659919427  but you're just randomly coming in salty against a Mikal who's trying to converse and understand your point of view.

This isn't a warning or anything but keep the discussion classy rather than pseudo-doyouevenliftbro. Thanks and have fun!
Mikal
Mikal

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:09 am
SRC wrote:
My numbers? I live in America. I work to build a healthy culture within businesses. These people tend to have a pretty worldly view and I talk to employees daily about things like this. I go outside, I have a life off of this website. It's the magic of fucking walking or driving places to meet friends and talk to people. You ever try it?
So in other words you're trying to make a direct correlation to the people YOU interact with with the rest of America? Perhaps you shouldn't be so self centered? There is life outside of those you surround yourself with and my statement is not incorrect in terms of the anti-Russian sentiment.

Mikal wrote:Just because someone starts a USA chant doesn't mean it's a viewpoint of most Americans. Being drunk and chanting doesn't do the same as being sober and cheering. Hell, a Filipino was the biggest draw in America for a while. Nobody was chanting USA USA USA then.
What on earth.. I am talking about American's at the event. Who cares about the rest of the Americans? They have no effect on this Fight for the Troops event.

You seem to be pretty emotional about this, so I'm just going to tell you to wait for the event to happen and we will see what marketing strategies are used and whether or not the chants are used against Khabilov.

238 posts since October of 2012 and I don't have a life off this website Sad
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:15 am
Of course the comment is deeply prejudice. The roots of his ignorance is pretty irrelavent. There is a difference between holding a political view toward a country and blankety denouncing an entire population simply on the basis of their nation of birth. The latter is called ethnic prejudice.
SRC
SRC

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:27 am
I guess I don't have Fox news statistics, I have actual real life conversation, or even unbiased reports from CNN etc basically saying the same thing I already have. Please, it's like arguing with children. You're basically trying to make fun of me for talking with people outside of the internet.

P.S. I travel for a living, I'm a business consultant. Whether it's Japan, Korea, USA, or even Singapore, China and Hong Kong.
Mikal
Mikal

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:31 am
SRC wrote:I guess I don't have Fox news statistics, I have actual real life conversation, or even unbiased reports from CNN etc basically saying the same thing I already have. Please, it's like arguing with children. You're basically trying to make fun of me for talking with people outside of the internet.
I didn't make fun of you at all? I'm simply saying that your sample size of people you interact with is much, much, MUCH smaller than the rest of the country. What you see on a day to day basis is obviously far different than what the rest of the people around you see - just because those surrounding you do not feel a certain way, doesn't mean a large portion of the country doesn't.

And on top of that, you cannot use every demographic when discussing what political ideologies will effect the crowd at a UFC event - you have to use the UFC's demographic. If you don't think patriotism is going to be at an all time high at a UFC Fight for the Troops event when the platform has been set for a Russian vs American standoff (which Masvidal has shown it's what his intentions are) then I really don't know what to tell you - and I mean that in the most respectful way possible.
SRC
SRC

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:57 pm
Just a question, when Cain or GSP fight in the USA why don't people chant USA? I don't recall those chants going out in title fights.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum