GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC

+11
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
wekka
nodogoshi
Rizin=PRIDEFC
CDF47
stu3ufc
Rocksoldier84
KSW
Adax
fka
Dagwood
15 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC Empty Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:56 pm
Vadim Finkelstein: I'm sure - our soldiers will soon become UFC champions
Posted on January 9, 2014.

Almost simultaneously, several fighters had much experience and earned fame in the tournament M-1 Challenge signed contracts with the American organization UFC. We asked the President of M-1 Global's Vadim Finkelstein comment on this trend.

Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC Main11097753_2ac5b1739283d78ae710e1d3077e82d5

Vadim, how do you assess the prospects Rashid Magomedov , Mairbek Taysumov and Alexander Yakovlev in the UFC? 

I am very happy in general for all Russian fighters who will appear in the UFC. I am confident that they're Americans and destroy the hegemony of Brazilians, and they have already started doing - talking about this success Nurmagomedova Habib , Ali Bagautinova , Rustam Habilova and others, and I think that the men of M-1 is sure to support this victorious movement. As far as I know, Mairbek Taisumov already made a successful debut in UFC, with which I congratulate him!

We are all very long road to go, including myself, laid the 16 years on the development of MMA in Russia, and now I'm sure - our soldiers can become champions in the near future in many weight classes in the Octagon.

With the recognition of MMA as a sport in Russia and poyavleninem Union MMA, went rapid development of mixed martial arts clubs across the country, championship cities, regions, federal district, every year more and more athletes are coming in soon and MMA fighters overwhelmed by a wave of Russian and American coast wash away the local champions. I think that is indicative of the fact that even those men who have a M-1 did not take first place in the United States have become champions in different MMA-organizations.

M-1 Global is one of the oldest organizations in the world - you spend the competition since 1997, and many experts recognize you one of the strongest leagues in the world, why did you let fighters in UFC?

Because in the UFC at the moment undoubtedly assembled the strongest fighters in the world. I believe that our matchmaker Alexander Kharlamov Shuldyakovym and Stanislav gigantic work is done to identify new talents, they are looking for them around the world and in M-1 Global avenues we grow to the level of stars.

We are concerned about the fate of every athlete who has worked with and I do not want to break his talents career if they will do a specific proposal from the UFC - we'll let them. We have men of the highest level and they deserve to fight the best in the world, I believe in them and want them to confirm that the victories in the Octagon. But I do not want them to go down the stairs, buried his talent in some other foreign tournaments in which there is really no such competition and fighters such as we have - so I do not let them go to any other organization except the UFC.

Whether in a constant dialogue with the UFC?

To the extent possible. As you well know, Dana White - a very colorful personality, which adheres to the image edakogo scumbags, for which there is no authority, so it is difficult to directly conduct business. But we made up a constructive dialogue with Lorenzo Fertitta and Executive Vice President Lawrence Epstein. We are open for cooperation. They promised that if they plan tournament in Russia, then we will sit down at the negotiating table, but so far in their own words, they are not going to spend here UFC.

http://www.mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2014/1/9/Vadim_Finkelstein_Uveren_nashi_boycy_skoro_stanut_chempionam/

fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC Empty Re: Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:50 pm
Well this is concerning to say the least......

Not even TRYING to keep talent in fact are happy to help usher them right to the ufc .....
Doesn't this sound familiar?

M-1 straight up saying they think ufc has best fighters and they WANT their former fighters to be in ufc is sickening ....

Mma is in trouble guys Sad
Dagwood
Dagwood

Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC Empty Re: Vadim explains why he lets M-1 fighters go to the UFC

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:07 pm
He's not coming out and saying it here, but I assume M-1 doesn't have the same kind of budget to compete with the UFC for M-1 fighters they are eyeing up. They're not letting their guys out of current contracts though.

M-1 does 7-8 events a year with no $30M-$60 of PPV revenue coming in for each. I'm sure their Russia 2 TV contract isn't $100M/year either. They may get UFC numbers viewer-wise and at the gate, but they still have a fraction of the revenues the UFC does and their in 2nd place gate for total gate. They UFC also does 40 events big & small per year.

M-1 has been a round for 17 years of profitability growing MMA in Russia. There's a whole lot to be said by that. They never lucked into putting on a reality tv show the their president though was a terrible idea. Without that one single lucky on a hope and a prayer thing, the Fertittas had a $50m hole in their pocket. Vadim has run a solid business for 17 years and never been as overextended on the brink of death.
Adax

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:35 am
I are derpessed

Sad 
KSW
KSW

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:58 am
fka wrote:Well this is concerning to say the least......

Not even TRYING to keep talent in fact are happy to help usher them right to the ufc .....
Doesn't this sound familiar?

M-1 straight up saying they think ufc has best fighters and they WANT their former fighters to be in ufc is sickening ....

Mma is in trouble guys Sad
When I read this article on mixfight.ru yesterday I turned off the computer. Seems like all promotions except KSW and Bellator are letting their top guys sign with Zuffa. I bet Dana made a deal with all bigger promotions that they get a sign on bonus when they let the best fighters sign with the UFC.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:21 am
It's very depressing how companies are willing let the UFC go into their backyard and rape them of their talent. I guess they just can't compete and it's sad because these companies deserve respect and notice from the fans.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:15 am
Invicta pretty much bent over

im glad eddie ng and shinya aoki stayed loyal to ONE FC
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 am
Damn it Vadim. WTF?
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:11 am
Only KSW can save us!
fka
fka

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:00 pm
Seriously a bummer

M-1 is supposed to be the overlord of Russian mma and of wamma and its like they can't keep their #1 contenders or even champions in some cases.

Vadim said because in the UFC at the moment undoubtedly assembled the strongest fighters in the world. I believe that our matchmaker Alexander Kharlamov Shuldyakovym and Stanislav gigantic work is done to identify new talents, they are looking for them around the world and in M-1 Global avenues we grow to the level of stars.

We are concerned about the fate of every athlete who has worked with and I do not want to break his talents career if they will do a specific proposal from the UFC - we'll let them. We have men of the highest level and they deserve to fight the best in the world, I believe in them and want them to confirm that the victories in the Octagon. But I do not want them to go down the stairs, buried his talent in some other foreign tournaments in which there is really no such competition and fighters such as we have - so I do not let them go to any other organization except the UFC.

This is fucking atrocious really vadim?

Dana literally has shit on you and discredited m-1 at ANY chance he had now you say they have the best fighters and you wont let your guys go anywhere BUT THE UFC?

That's assbackwards shouldn't you keep all your guys OUT of ufc and if anything send them to other orgs to grow global mmas roster?

I mean really you got ksw and onefc coming out openly saying they will outbid ufc they don't have ppv revenue and then you got m-1 just basically endorsing the ufc...... Sad
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:43 pm
His explanations make sense to me. It's kind of a highroad approach.

There's a lot of talent in Russia. If the Russians come to dominate MMA in the US, that could reverberate to Russia. The viewerships are mostly different, also. It isn't like the UFC and M-1 are really in direct competition.
wekka
wekka

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:01 pm
nodogoshi wrote:His explanations make sense to me. It's kind of a highroad approach.

There's a lot of talent in Russia. If the Russians come to dominate MMA in the US, that could reverberate to Russia. The viewerships are mostly different, also. It isn't like the UFC and M-1 are really in direct competition.

That's exactly what I've been saying about the influx of Japanese and Korean fighters they've recently snatched up. This will be nothing but good for their domestic market if they can bring home the results. I'm glad someone else has seen it this way.
fka
fka

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:35 pm
Even if all the imports they have acquired win I don't think its going to do anything but make the zombies say ufc definitely has acquired all the best fighters because now they are ufc fighters.

I just can't get behind the logic that releasing your top talent to ufc is going to do anything positive for your region of mma be it Asia or Russia.

I can understand that yeah people will see m-1 s status be validated should their fighters win but why not be aggressive in growing like a NA TV deal or recruiting more Brazilian Japanese and American talent?

I guess for me this issue digs deep because I've felt fir quite a while ANY org be it onefc ksw or m-1 step up their game get some international talent and some north American TV deals or ppv now and then and get MMA on a higher level overall.

To me giving up your talent and claiming its just to solidify their status with octagon victorys is a cop out....

Since when does winning in the ufc solidify anything?

Its just bad omen imo
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:01 pm
In the end, fighters go where they can get the most money, as they should. They aren't pieces of property, they are independent contractors. If they can make the most money fighting in the UFC, who's to say they shouldn't.
fka
fka

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 pm
Agreed go where the money is.....

Which is why orgs need to step up match offers be aggressive don't roll over and take it freely in the keester LOL.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:25 am
fka wrote:Even if all the imports they have acquired win I don't think its going to do anything but make the zombies say ufc definitely has acquired all the best fighters because now they are ufc fighters.

I just can't get behind the logic that releasing your top talent to ufc is going to do anything positive for your region of mma be it Asia or Russia.

I can understand that yeah people will see m-1 s status be validated should their fighters win but why not be aggressive in growing like a NA TV deal or recruiting more Brazilian Japanese and American talent?

I guess for me this issue digs deep because I've felt fir quite a while ANY org be it onefc ksw or m-1 step up their game get some international talent and some north American TV deals or ppv now and then and get MMA on a higher level overall.

To me giving up your talent and claiming its just to solidify their status with octagon victorys is a cop out....

Since when does winning in the ufc solidify anything?

Its just bad omen imo

Agreed.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:47 am
The problem with fighter they don't even read  the dam UFC contract.
You hear lot of fighter get screw.

fearthefightergroupieThe contract is a masterpiece. So much so I should capitalize it. The Contract. I mean “masterpiece” as in it is the most brilliant, close to airtight document in sports I’ve ever seen. It essentially gives Zuffa, the legal masterminds behind The Contract, a legal way to own another individual. They own your body, likeness, tattoos, identity, autograph, your right to “refer to yourself as a UFC fighter,” your dignity, and your soul…in perpetuity, even after death. Too bad for your family if you get killed in the Octagon [note: DOING YOUR JOB]; they owe you and them nothing.

And by the way, you can’t sue them. According to The Contract, Zuffa is waived of indemnity, i.e. they do not assume any liability for anything that happens to you. If your attorney believes a clause of The Contract violates the Bill of Rights, tough shit [note: I assume you’ve all read Jonathan Snowden’s piece on The Contract (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1516575-the-business-of-fighting-a-look-inside-the-ufcs-top-secret-fighter-contract) - if you haven’t, you shouldn’t be watching the UFC. I’ve also spoken to Dr. Zev Eigen, Esq., a labor law attorney and law professor, extensively regarding this and other issues, such as fighter safety].

You must first go through mandatory “internal arbitration,” to which there are the following possible outcomes: you lose, and you’re cut, or you win, meaning you can actually take your grievance to a court of law. In the latter case, you’d incur massive legal costs and sacrifice possibly years of your fighting career, and you’re cut from the UFC. Either way, you’re screwed.

http://fearthefightergroupie.tumblr.com/post/69600630870/thoughts-on-ufc-contracts-how-badly-does-mma-need-a
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:23 am
Yeah, I agree the UFC contracts are atrocious and that is a big problem. Certainly, fighters may sign UFC contracts which have the biggest figures in terms of pay but go against their long-term interests. It potential happens quite often. (There are also plenty of cases where fighters have rejected UFC contracts, i.e. Bibiano.)
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:54 am
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:The problem with fighter they don't even read  the dam UFC contract.
You hear lot of fighter get screw.

fearthefightergroupieThe contract is a masterpiece. So much so I should capitalize it. The Contract. I mean “masterpiece” as in it is the most brilliant, close to airtight document in sports I’ve ever seen. It essentially gives Zuffa, the legal masterminds behind The Contract, a legal way to own another individual. They own your body, likeness, tattoos, identity, autograph, your right to “refer to yourself as a UFC fighter,” your dignity, and your soul…in perpetuity, even after death. Too bad for your family if you get killed in the Octagon [note: DOING YOUR JOB]; they owe you and them nothing.

And by the way, you can’t sue them. According to The Contract, Zuffa is waived of indemnity, i.e. they do not assume any liability for anything that happens to you. If your attorney believes a clause of The Contract violates the Bill of Rights, tough shit [note: I assume you’ve all read Jonathan Snowden’s piece on The Contract (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1516575-the-business-of-fighting-a-look-inside-the-ufcs-top-secret-fighter-contract) - if you haven’t, you shouldn’t be watching the UFC. I’ve also spoken to Dr. Zev Eigen, Esq., a labor law attorney and law professor, extensively regarding this and other issues, such as fighter safety].

You must first go through mandatory “internal arbitration,” to which there are the following possible outcomes: you lose, and you’re cut, or you win, meaning you can actually take your grievance to a court of law. In the latter case, you’d incur massive legal costs and sacrifice possibly years of your fighting career, and you’re cut from the UFC. Either way, you’re screwed.

http://fearthefightergroupie.tumblr.com/post/69600630870/thoughts-on-ufc-contracts-how-badly-does-mma-need-a

Yeah, their contracts are unreal. A lot of MMA promoters now use this contract as a template that they copy from.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:24 am
I agree with fka, letting your stars go to the UFC doesn´t help M-1 at all it only helps the UFC. If a boxing promotion let their stars sign with Golden Boy Promotions does that help them?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:00 am
I was never intending to imply that it helps M-1, more so that it isn't necessarily a direct blow. I'm sure they want to retain their talent, but if they can't pay them enough to keep them, there is no shame in letting them get on. Also, I'm against contracts that lock fighters up. Say a 4 fight contract is fine, but after the fights, the fighter should be free to move on. I want fighters to be in control of their own career as much as possible. A promoter trying to lock up fighters that fight in their shows is not conducive to this. Of course that's precisely what the UFC does, but that doesn't mean I think M-1 should do it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I was sort of reflecting on the sentiments that Vadim seemed to reflect in the interview, that there are many good Russian fighters who are going to do, or are doing great in the US shows. As an observer, I like to see Russians come in and steamroll the American opposition. A lot of Russians fight with a much more appealing style.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:20 am
KSW wrote:I agree with fka, letting your stars go to the UFC doesn´t help M-1 at all it only helps the UFC. If a boxing promotion let their stars sign with Golden Boy Promotions does that help them?

Well Vadim has to tweek things so that he can put up enough money to keep his guys in Russia. The bad part is most of them think Zuffa's street is paved in gold. I also understand them wanting to test themselves against top UFC guys. Their sportsmen like Fedor.

The only thing that will work in the long run in keeping all the top talent in Russia or Poland or Asia is if all the top orgs band together. Rule their own markets with regional fighters & then have regular huge world cup/multi-promotion/top fighters from all-type of events all over the world. That will build up to be bigger than the UFC ever could and make national professional MMA strong in each of those areas. Plus, they should try to shut the UFC out with local government MMA regulatory sanctioning like in Russia now. Or, at least make it a hard pill to swallow sanctioning-wise with the local regulations. The UFC is not going to change their rules and use Russian refs & Russian judges. They'll never ever go there. You could do that in Poland, in Japan, in China, and everywhere. But, all the big international players will have to band together. Dagwood could broker the deal.  8) 
KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:29 am
nodogoshi wrote:I was never intending to imply that it helps M-1, more so that it isn't necessarily a direct blow. I'm sure they want to retain their talent, but if they can't pay them enough to keep them, there is no shame in letting them get on. Also, I'm against contracts that lock fighters up. Say a 4 fight contract is fine, but after the fights, the fighter should be free to move on. I want fighters to be in control of their own career as much as possible. A promoter trying to lock up fighters that fight in their shows is not conducive to this. Of course that's precisely what the UFC does, but that doesn't mean I think M-1 should do it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I was sort of reflecting on the sentiments that Vadim seemed to reflect in the interview, that there are many good Russian fighters who are going to do, or are doing great in the US shows. As an observer, I like to see Russians come in and steamroll the American opposition. A lot of Russians fight with a much more appealing style.
Yes the money issue is the core problem and it´s awful that one promotion can be so much more powerful than the competitors. 4 fight contracts or completely non-exclusive would be great for the sport.
Heretic
Heretic

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:12 am
it is so sad that M-1 can not keep there shit together
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:00 am
KSW wrote:I agree with fka, letting your stars go to the UFC doesn´t help M-1 at all it only helps the UFC. If a boxing promotion let their stars sign with Golden Boy Promotions does that help them?

Good points here
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum