GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

CHOI DOO-HO to make UFC debut in May  Empty CHOI DOO-HO to make UFC debut in May

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:57 pm
“Korean Superboy” Choi Doo-Ho has announced via the Korean MMA news site MFight that he expects to make his UFC debut in May, either in Philippines or in the USA.
Choi has suffered a few set backs in his career due to injury, most recently his shoulder which was hurt going into his last bout in DEEP. He has now gone through extensive rehabilitation to his shoulder and elbow, and his doctor puts him at 90% recovered. While Choi’s career has been sparse because of negotiations and injuries through the past two years, he is only 22 years old and can afford to be patient and calculating. His debut will come after an almost six-month signing period with the UFC.

Choi is 11-1 with eight knockouts, five of which are from his recent streak. He holds wins over the upper echelons in DEEP, a fearsome featherweight with fast hands, lots of power, and to round out the “f”s, ferocity.
Additionally, Choi’s statements throw fuel on the fire regarding the UFC’s often whispered about foray into the Philippines, which is thought to be expected around summer of 2014.

Mmainasia.com
wekka
wekka

CHOI DOO-HO to make UFC debut in May  Empty Re: CHOI DOO-HO to make UFC debut in May

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:42 pm
It's unfortunate DEEP never gave him a shot at Yokota's title before he made the jump.
adam
adam

CHOI DOO-HO to make UFC debut in May  Empty Re: CHOI DOO-HO to make UFC debut in May

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 pm
I like his fights.

Wish he stayed in DEEP. Needs to work on his defense some but he's still very young and has plenty of time to refine his technique and fix his holes.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:34 pm
Offensively gifted, but has major holes on defense. I think he'll get KO'd in the UFC.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 pm
I hope he tears things up in UFC at 145
wekka
wekka

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:21 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Offensively gifted, but has major holes on defense. I think he'll get KO'd in the UFC.

I think he'll benefit from the switch because the UFC doesn't exactly have that many strong strikers outside of their upper tier. Since it's so wrestler heavy, I think that gives him more of an advantage.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum