GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub

+12
MuayTyson
Heretic
MR.WILLIE
fka
adam
nodogoshi
God of Thunder
iforgotmypassword
Adax
wekka
Kingfedor
Dagwood
16 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub Empty Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:21 am
MMAJunkie.com - April 24, 2014

Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub Andrei-arlovski-wsof-5

Ex-UFC heavyweight champ Andrei Arlovski (21-10 MMA, 10-4 UFC) is returning to the promotion six years after he left the industry-leading promotion.

UFC President Dana White today announced the return of “The Pitbull,” tweeting, “Welcome back, Andrei Arlovski!”

MMAjunkie subsequently confirmed with a source close to negotiations that Arlovski was released from his contract with World Series of Fighting and is targeted for a UFC 174 bout opposite Brendan Schaub (10-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC). The source asked not to be named because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

UFC 174 takes place June 14 at Vancouver, British Columbia’s Rogers Arena. The event’s main card airs live on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Arlovski returns after running out his contract with the UFC and then signing with the now-defunct Affliction Entertainment. He earned a knockout over Ben Rothwell in the promotion’s debut and then did a one-off with the also-defunct EliteXC, knocking out Roy Nelson. He then went on to face Fedor Emelianenko in Affliction’s second event, and despite a spirited effort, was knocked out in the first round.

Upon Affliction’s shuttering in 2009, he went on to sign with the now-defunct Strikeforce and subsequently lost three straight high-profile bouts, including a first-round knockout to Sergei Kharitonov in the opening round of Strikeforce’s heavyweight grand prix.

Arlovski then rebuilt himself in smaller promotions, going 6-1 with one no-contest. He was among the first high-profile signees of WSOF and went 2-1 for the promotion, suffering a broken jaw and decision loss to Anthony Johnson at WSOF 2.

Arlovski’s most recent performance came this past November in his native Belarus, where he earned a second-round TKO of Andreas Kraniotakes.

Now 35 years old, Arlovski won the interim title at UFC 51 by submitting Tim Sylvia and then was promoted to undisputed champ following a first-round KO of Justin Eilers at UFC 53.

Schaub’s previous fight came this past September at UFC 165, where he choked Matt Mitrione unconscious to earn his second straight win. The veteran of “The Ultimate Fighter 10″ carries a 6-3 octagon record.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub Empty Re: Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:28 am
It is open game on the WSOF here on G-MMA. There is no conspiracy theory here.

WSOF=ZUFFA. They own this fucking thing lock fucking stock & barrel and Sig Rogich & Ray Sefo are Fertitta Mafia family front men. No fucking doubt about this!!!

In what fucking world does it makes sense for them to give up one of the top HW's in the world with a more recognizable drawing name than 90%+++ of UFC fighters??? In what fucking reality?
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub Empty Re: Andrei Arlovski RELEASED FROM WSOF, signs with UFC for targeted bout with Brendan Schaub

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:01 am
We need to stop watching Wsof. Their tv rating will go down and i hope they gonna put the lock on the door. Same thing for Titan FC
wekka
wekka

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:46 am
This is incredibly lame. Should've honestly seen this coming when they immediately abandoned their original concept.
Adax

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:58 am
Wishing WSOF the absolute worst. They will probably just be gutted and gone ala Strikeforce and WEC inside of 2 years, Zuffa and Nevada shady fucks can't honestly believe people are stupid enough for them to successfully uphold this front.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:14 am
just digusting that pancrase is wsof of japan now. Pancrase and their stupid cage are a feeder league for zuffa. Probably onefc is next.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:22 am
Like Abdel-Aziz said WSOF is the college football of mma and Zuffa is the NFL.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:52 am
This is at the least collusion which is fucking illegal. I'm sure Viacom's lawyers are chatting with Federal Trade Commission. Their trying to fix the marketplace and keep let go UFC fighters away from Bellator. I'm sure the FTC will want to look into this if they're made aware.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:05 am
iforgotmypassword wrote:just digusting that pancrase is wsof of japan now. Pancrase and their stupid cage are a feeder league for zuffa. Probably onefc is next.

I'm not really sure, but I think One FC might be backed up by different interests. It could be completely my fantasy, but I have sort of always gotten the impression that One FC is backed by Chinese money (probably Chinese expat money specifically).

Again, this is just a hunch, and I could be completely wrong about it.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:08 am
nodogoshi wrote:
iforgotmypassword wrote:just digusting that pancrase is wsof of japan now. Pancrase and their stupid cage are a feeder league for zuffa. Probably onefc is next.

I'm not really sure, but I think One FC might be backed up by different interests. It could be completely my fantasy, but I have sort of always gotten the impression that One FC is backed by Chinese money (probably Chinese expat money specifically).

I find it interesting that UFC poster boy Rich Franklin has been given Zuffa's green light to become VP of One FC.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:09 am
nodogoshi wrote:

Hope so, but onefc has never delivered on anything they promise. So if they die or become another feeder league Im not going to worry about it.

I strongly dislike that new guy who bought pancrase. He was supposed to be some savior of jmma. Now look at this mess. Really sad the pancrase brand is slapped on the side of some wsof bS. How do they think being a feeeder league is going to generate any money? Hasn't WSOF and invicta proved you're going to go bankrupt and end up losing all your investment only for the betterment of zuffa.

Last edited by iforgotmypassword on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:14 am; edited 3 times in total
adam
adam

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:10 am
The heck? lol

Talk about hearing some news out of left field.

Hopefully he at least humbles Brandon Schoob
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm
Lmao ufc is so dumb

Yeah they couldn't sign fedor and crapped on him when he destroyed Sylvia and arlovski calling him over the hill and mediocre.

Now he is bak with ufc lmao
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 pm
His first opponent will be Brendan schaub or atleast they are working on it.
MR.WILLIE

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:10 pm
fka wrote:Lmao ufc is so dumb

Yeah they couldn't sign fedor and crapped on him when he destroyed Sylvia and arlovski calling him over the hill and mediocre.

Now he is bak with ufc lmao

Yep! Also aa looked decent in wsof not dominant by any means!

He beat devin cole who decided to strike with the striker, rumble broke his jaw and IMO mike Kyle beat him

So if I'm wsof I'm more than happy to take away 50k off my payroll
wekka
wekka

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:44 pm
iforgotmypassword wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

Hope so, but onefc has never delivered on anything they promise. So if they die or become another feeder league Im not going to worry about it.

I strongly dislike that new guy who bought pancrase. He was supposed to be some savior of jmma. Now look at this mess. Really sad the pancrase brand is slapped on the side of some wsof bS. How do they think being a feeeder league is going to generate any money? Hasn't WSOF and invicta proved you're going to go bankrupt and end up losing all your investment only for the betterment of zuffa.

That's what makes this Pancrase deal even worse. Sakai was doing some genuinely good things for the organization and was well on the way of building the brand back up. He just let money get in the way.

One is improving, imo. They're FINALLY putting on events consistently and I like a bunch of their recent signings. It's slowly starting to feel like less of an Evolve highlight show.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:53 pm
Hopefully Arlovski wins the UFC title.
wekka
wekka

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:48 pm
UFC 174 is shaping up to be halfway decent.

I really like the Johnson/Bagautinov and Delorme/Tanaka fights.

It'll be cool to see Arlovski in a winnable fight against the Somewhat New Breed.
Heretic
Heretic

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:15 am
Arlovski is done I would not be surprised if he lost to schaub
MuayTyson

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:20 am
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:23 am
Hopefully Schaub can get ko'd funny again.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:11 am
WSOF? lol cant even keep arlovski
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:24 am
Fucking Zuffa WSOF.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 am
You're right Dag. This is some bullshit. First their top LHW now their top HW.
adam
adam

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:30 am
CDF47 wrote:You're right Dag.  This is some bullshit.  First their top LHW now their top HW.

I just don't get it, man.

Why just roll over and let your competition take all your talent? Hell, even SF/Showtime put up a better fight.

Fuck WSOF. I will never watch another event. I'm done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum