GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations??

+9
CDF47
PRIDE4EVER
Rocksoldier84
stu3ufc
TeamJohnPerretti
Hamilcar
nodogoshi
The Keymaster
fka
13 posters
Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations?? Empty Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations??

Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Im doing an ALL-TIME P4P LIST....

This will be my attempt at bringing a real meaning to P4P rather then the fantasy most definitions have it as.

My qualifications require a fighter have fought outside his natural weight class at least once,and also fighting openweight not only qualifies it pretty much defines mu version of p4p.

Being ready willing and able to fight the best regardless of weight is my P4P so lets go!!!!

Before we start i have a list of guys already nominated from another site and my own of course so lets see if you guys can add to this.

Fedor
Big nog
Josh barnett
Bj penn
Dan Henderson
Anderson Silva
Randy couture
Vitor belfort
Alistair overeem
Shogun rua
Urijah faber
Kenny florian
Bas rutten
Wanderei silva
Lyoto machida
Jake shields
Dominick cruz
Kazushi sakuraba
Sean sherk
Nick diaz
Frank shamrock
Joe warren
Kazuhiro nakamura
Igor vovchanchyn
Carlos Newton

So does GMMA have any nominations???
The Keymaster
The Keymaster

Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations?? Empty Re: Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations??

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:11 pm
Any list without GSP as #1 is wrong. He is the most accomplished fighter, regardless of how boring his fights were in the final part of his career.
fka
fka

Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations?? Empty Re: Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations??

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:12 pm
If no other nominees im going to use this as my basis.

fka
fka

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:13 pm
Gsp only fought WW he doesnt qualify
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:21 pm
Fedor
Big Nog
Dan Henderson

I can't do 15. But those are my top 3.

I don't mean Henderson must be #3 necessarily. But he probably deserves to be top 5 or top 7 at the least.

His record is incredible.

It doesn't mean shit that he's 43 and still fighting and being knocked out.

He took up MMA after attending two Olympics. And he continued to wrestle at the highest level after taking up fighting.

Henderson is actually typically underrated.

I take it back. Henderson belongs in the top 5 of any list.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:22 pm
Fedor is number one.

Fedor showed what MMA is.

I've watched every one of Fedor's fights.

He was a tactition and a technician.

He looked to finish fights as quickly as possible.

Except when he fought a real beast, like prime Cro Cop and prime Nog.

Then, he beat the shit out of them at their own game, and took their strength away.

Fedor is historically the culmination of an MMA fighter. Nobody is perfect, and he wasn't perfect, but prime Fedor is the closest thing to a perfect fighter which there has been in MMA.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:31 pm
The Keymaster wrote:Any list without GSP as #1 is wrong. He is the most accomplished fighter, regardless of how boring his fights were in the final part of his career.
GSP is the best Zuffa fighter.

I would have liked to see him fight under real MMA rules.

The unified rules are nothing. They make for garbage fights.

GSP was the best fighter at using the unified rules to his advantage.

I would have liked to see what he could do under real rules, like Pride, or even OneFC.

I'm not trolling. I really mean that.

He probably could have done alright. But he probably wouldn't have done as well as he did.

The ones who did well in Pride were real warriors, like Shogun.

By the way, I'd include Shogun and Wanderlei in my top 5, probably.

Wanderlei was a killer.

You have to look at a fighter's prime, in my opinion. Prime Wanderlei was a complete killer.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:06 pm
Where's Conor McGregor?
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:09 pm
Dan Severn

Only triple crown champion in UFC history. (UFC tournament, Ultimate Ultimate tournament and Superfight winner)

MMA-Politically Opposed to Zuffa: https://global-mma.forumotion.com/

Last edited by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Keymaster
The Keymaster

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:15 pm
Soccer kicks and stomps are garbage, I absolutely would love to see GSP fight with knees to the ground for 2 reasons: 1 because he can utilize them and 2 because it would give his opponents a weapon against his TD

I think it's ridiculous there isnt knees to the ground yet.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:21 pm
The Keymaster wrote:Soccer kicks and stomps are garbage

You just almost got banned for blasphemy.

The Keymaster wrote:I absolutely would love to see GSP fight with knees to the ground for 2 reasons: 1 because he can utilize them and 2 because it would give his opponents a weapon against his TD

I think it's ridiculous there isnt knees to the ground yet.

What is it you are talking about? Are you simply admitting that GSP would not be the same fighter if he was fighting under real MMA rules?

On a related topic. It is too bad how Zuffa killed MMA.

There is still OneFC at least (with English commentary).
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:44 pm
I find it laughable that Jake Shields is even mentioned as being on a top 15 all time list.

Gotta love the Zuffa fanboys.

Rolling LMAO

TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:50 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
On a related topic. It is too bad how Zuffa killed MMA.

It is too bad.

It's sad to watch the uneducated fans who support Zuffa and believe the lies and propaganda that Zuffa puts out.

They aren't fans of mma. They hate it. They are Zuffa cagefighting fans.

That's why I like this place. The first thing I see when I come on this site on the top of the page is, "MMA-Politically Opposed to Zuffa".

The Keymaster
The Keymaster

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:56 pm
GSP would be dominant in any rule set but obviously a fighter that is heavily dependent on takedowns wouldnt enjoy a well timed knee to the head during a TD attempt.
The Keymaster
The Keymaster

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:58 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:I find it laughable that Jake Shields is even mentioned as being on a top 15 all time list.

Gotta love the Zuffa fanboys.

:rolling:
Shields barely even fought in Zuffa... He made a name in Shooto and organizations like EliteXC and Strikeforce. Honestly, do you even watch MMA?
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:05 pm
The real P4P KING

Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations?? Gleison-tibau-8

Im doing a top 15 P4P all-time list....got any nominations?? 05_Tibau_Trinaldo_08
fka
fka

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:46 pm
Tibau,severn,are good nominations ill add in minowaman just for fun Smile

Again this is just a pool for me to draw from ,beside a top 15 ill do a honorable mentions category as well.

fka
fka

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:48 pm
Jake shields is a very decorated grappler and fighter for multiple orgs.....only zuffa fanboys know shields from ufc.....
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:24 pm
The Keymaster wrote:Shields barely even fought in Zuffa... He made a name in Shooto and organizations like EliteXC and Strikeforce. Honestly, do you even watch MMA?

He's fought in Zuffa mma(UFC/WSOF) 10 times and fought in one of the biggest UFC's ever(vs. GSP). That's quite a bit different than, "barely even fought in Zuffa".

Fought in Shooto 5 times. Elite XC 4 times. Strikeforce 3 times.

fka
fka

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:31 pm
How many times has gomi fought at Ww?

I want to add him but cant tell looking at his record which fights were WW....

Shields was hyped as a top 10 fighter years before entering a ufc octagon.....
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:38 pm
Two fighters similiar in that they were better in the first half of their careers.

Don "The Predator" Frye:

Won UFC 8 tournament. Made it to the finals of UFC 10 tournament. Won the second Ultimate Ultimate tournament, had many entertaining fights in Pride and K-1.

Mark "The Hammer" Coleman:

Won UFC 10 (defeating Don Frye in the finals). Won UFC 11 tournament. Won the Pride Grand Prix 2000. Defeated Don Frye twice.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:49 pm
Matt Hughes

45 career wins. Long time UFC champion. Fought in two 8 man tournaments(Extreme Challenge and Warriors War 1 aka the Kuwait show). Also fought for Rings and Shooto.
The Keymaster
The Keymaster

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:
The Keymaster wrote:Shields barely even fought in Zuffa... He made a name in Shooto and organizations like EliteXC and Strikeforce. Honestly, do you even watch MMA?

He's fought in Zuffa mma(UFC/WSOF) 10 times and fought in one of the biggest UFC's ever(vs. GSP). That's quite a bit different than, "barely even fought in Zuffa".

Fought in Shooto 5 times. Elite XC 4 times. Strikeforce 3 times.

I'll be honest, I havent really watched MMA in the last few years and wasnt aware he fought that much for Zuffa(didnt even know WSOF is Zuffa owned). But the point is that he was a name long before being signed to UFC.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 pm
The Keymaster wrote: But the point is that he was a name long before being signed to UFC.

I agree with that.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:21 am
The Keymaster wrote:GSP would be dominant in any rule set
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum