GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

+13
Adax
CODELMJVG
Rizin=PRIDEFC
TeamJohnPerretti
stu3ufc
cisco
FreeWarMachine
m1challengefan
CDF47
God of Thunder
Kinosis
fka
Kingfedor
17 posters
Go down
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 2 Empty Re: Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:48 am
It's depressing that it will be on ufc fight pass.

Really lowers the excitement level for me. Plus the fighting in a giant dog cage.
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 2 Empty Re: Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:59 pm
I never understood the dog cage. When I see that fence I think basketball because it's a basketball fence. But does the NBA have a trashy chain link fence? No, they have classy hardwood because they are professionals. These are not homeless street fighters, they deserve a classy professional environment.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:03 pm
If Fedor is fighting Fábio Maldonado (and in cage) I am very disappointed. They could gone with Soa Palelei or Melvin Manhoef, Jiri Prochazka or something like that.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:02 pm
Manhoef Prochazka ...? Not really any better imo..

Fedor needs fights against hws man

But hey anyones better then jaideep lmfao.

If fedor wants to fight werdum its better for him to adapt to cage.....werdum is ufc property until death at this point.
m1challengefan
m1challengefan

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 pm
fka wrote:Manhoef Prochazka ...? Not really any better imo..

Fedor needs fights against hws man

But hey anyones better then jaideep lmfao.

If fedor wants to fight werdum its better for him to adapt to cage.....werdum is ufc property until death at this point.

See man that's what I don't get about people on here complaining about the cage because Fedor wants to face Werdum again for sure and the only way he's going to do that is by at least winning one fight in the UFC before they would give him a crack at Werdum and we all know UFC is cage fighting and believe I'm no fan of the cage I think its for meatheads but its only in Fedor's benefit to get acquainted with it and also I never for once thought that Fedor's losses in the cage had anything to do with being the cage I thought it had to do with Fedor abandoning his sambo and unique punching style for proper boxing technique in Holland that is beneficial to Fedor because lets face at 5'11 if your opponent has a longer reach than you than these type of techniques are not favorable that's why Fedor had the corkscrew punch that covered a lot of distance without having to have the reach of Jon Jones and I know this because I've read the techniques book of
Fedor where he explains in great detail why he throws strikes the way he does instead of the common way everyone is taught in a boxing gym.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:49 pm
Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 2 13055372_844917845617670_2006584901005308597_n
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Fábio Maldonado staredown
fka
fka

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:46 pm
God i hate this fight.... Sad
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:01 am
It's another warm up fight. Fedor mentioned in his comeback interview that he wanted two warm up fights before stepping up in competition. Maldonado isn't great but he was able to take everything Rampage threw at him, eating his punches with no problem and he even took Rampage down. Rampage said he was a tough fight.

After this I expect Fedor to step it up. Hopefully he will be in the Rizin OP tournament so he will have 3 more fights this year, against at least some big names. If not that, than Scott Coker also mentioned he wanted Fedor to fight in Bellator this year and there are negotiations with the ufc to fight Werdum (which I don't think is a good idea, he needs a fight against Bigfoot or someone first since Maldonado to Werdum is a huge leap).
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 am
I was watching Maldonado fights and I can tell you that I lil underestimated guy. Maldonado has really good chin and his boxing is on good but still Fedor needs better opponents in future.

Last edited by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:32 am
Fight Nights claims that they will spend more than 5 million dollars on event and Vadim says that he dosnt know what would cost so much... he makes M-1 events under 500k (I remember it was 250k for event when Affliction thing happened)

http://www.mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2016/4/20/Vadim_Finkelstein_Na_5_mln_dollarov_mozhno_provesti_10_turni/

google translate:
Vadim Finkelstein: On 5 million dollars you can spend 10 tournaments, from which people will squeak and squeal

In an interview with "Match TV" president of M-1 Global Vadim Finkelstein explained why he considers Fight Nights tournament featuring Fedor Emelianenko unreasonably expensive

- Kamil Hajiyev announced budget Fight Nights tournament featuring Fedor Emelianenko: it is more than five million dollars. Comment as a market participant.

- Well done. I'm happy for them.

- When we met six years ago, you said that to organize a tournament in Moscow with the main fight Fedor - Werdum will cost about two million dollars. And now the opponent is not Werdum, but the budget is already five million.

- Well, what is there to comment? You understand that the income from this tournament will not cover even ten percent of the cost. Five million dollars - this is madness, in my opinion. Even UFC does not spend as much. With this money you can spend ten tournaments - and these tournaments, from which people will squeal and squeak.

- How much cost the tournament M-1 on 19 February in which Shlemenko fight with Vasilevsky?

- The total budget - about 500 thousand dollars. Even less can be. Usually my tournaments budget is about 400 thousand dollars. 500 thousand is the maximum.

- What is the cost structure during the tournament? If we take for example the tournament at the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg.

- No advertising fees and men - about ten million rubles. This includes the rental site, plane tickets and accommodation for soldiers. Their fees - it's pretty unpredictable here as a contract. Advertisement - too. Can two million rubles to take advertising, and it is possible to ten - it all depends on what tasks and how much money. If you have money, you can spend as much as necessary in the tournament. To descend from the ceiling there is some unreal scenery.

- You organized last fight Fedor Emelianenko in Russia in 2012 against Pedro Rizzo. There was much less than the sum of?

- There's another situation was, another dollar. I then spent a lot of advertising in general, we have invested well in the tournament. It is clear that it cost more expensive than usual.

- Three million dollars have kept?

- No, you have three million? Much cheaper. Much. But the exact amount I will not name. Just to understand: Many people think that in Moscow or St. Petersburg to hold more tournaments. This is not quite true. Here take a tournament somewhere in the Orenburg and other Russian cities. There is often no correct light, it is necessary to drive from Moscow mobile television stations and so on. If the TCP travels from Moscow to Orenburg, I have to pay her for three-shift operation. The same with all equipment and iron.

- The opponent Fedor usually takes its standard fee or increased?

- It depends. But as a rule, are asking for more. Suppose Monson for a fight with Fedor asked more than usual. But it depends on the agreement.

- When Fight Nights identified tournament on the same date as that of the M-1, is widely seen as a struggle for then, in whose tournament June 17 will President Putin, who visits the MMA tournaments and three times was Fedor fights. You rely on his presence at the tournament?

- For those who do not know, neither they nor we can not count on that now, two months before the tournament. The President has his schedule. Vladimir Putin did not just come to tournaments M-1 - and I know how it works. This is becoming known for two or three days before the tournament.

- You move your tournament from June 17 to avoid overlap with Fight Nights?

- Of course. It is foolish to do two tournaments in one day. It is disrespectful to the public. As we drank a live broadcast? But in general, in most situations there is nothing wrong. Look at how many organizations appeared. And all full arena: both here and in the ACB, and Fight Nights, and Akhmat. In the market over the place enough. Fight Nights to I am not as a competitor. What do I compete with them? I just do my thing - no matter what others do.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:05 am
I'm sure a chunk of that is to pay Fedor, plus I'm sure he got a good deal for his fighters he is bringing with him. Making sure everyone is getting paid.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:08 pm
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm
FreeWarMachine wrote:I never understood the dog cage. When I see that fence I think basketball because it's a basketball fence. But does the NBA have a trashy chain link fence? No, they have classy hardwood because they are professionals. These are not homeless street fighters, they deserve a classy professional environment.
Check your PM
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:16 am
Kingfedor wrote:

LOL video got blocked by M-1 GLOBAL Rolling LMAO

btw Goran Reljic is rumored to fight on this event
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:50 am
Fedor is a legend and will always be a legend.

I'm just really not excited about seeing him locked up and fighting in a cage.

His place in history is set. His accomplishments can't be taken away. But....it's sad to see him fight in a cage.

The cage and all that it represents has destroyed mma. Like a fly being attracted to a pile of shit it has drawn in the worst parts of culture.

Fedor was great for his fighting skills but also how he handled himself in and out of the ring. Now he has to take part in the fighting surface that created the F'N CAGE FIGHTING LIFESTYLE. The fighting surface that brought in some of the most low intelligence fans on the planet.

God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:20 pm
Not sure if Fedor wants to fight fellow russians but Fight Nights should want to give the winner of Fedor and Maldonado Minakov next.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:38 pm
Minakov would be a great fight for the winner.
fka
fka

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:25 pm
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:23 am
^That's crazy
fka
fka

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 pm
Yeah lol wtf right?
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Thu May 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Vitaly Minakov v Peter Graham set 4 Fedors co-main

Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 2 13109010

Source from MMA underground
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu May 19, 2016 6:52 pm
I doubt Fedor and Minakov would fight since they are training partners. Hope they both win though. Really hoping to see Fedor step it up after this fight. I'm hoping he does the Rizin OW GP or fights in Bellator.

I'm also hoping Bigfoot and Dan Henderson leave the ufc and rematch Fedor in any org.
fka
fka

Thu May 19, 2016 7:13 pm
Minakov will beat graham pretty easy.....minakov needs to get back to bellator.....not like hes fighting elite guys.

Minakov is accomplishing as much as fedor.....nothing really.....fun ok fights but not the level they sgoukd be fighting.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 19, 2016 8:22 pm
Yeah, after this fight I hope Minakov returns back to Bellator. They have a solid HW division and I'd like to see him get his belt back.
Adax

Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 pm
Fedor fighting Maldonado is a fucking awful matchup, I don't want to see this at all.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum