GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

+13
Adax
CODELMJVG
Rizin=PRIDEFC
TeamJohnPerretti
stu3ufc
cisco
FreeWarMachine
m1challengefan
CDF47
God of Thunder
Kinosis
fka
Kingfedor
17 posters
Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 3 Empty Re: Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu May 19, 2016 8:58 pm
Audax wrote:Fedor fighting Maldonado is a fucking awful matchup, I don't want to see this at all.

It's not my preferred choice but it is a leap up from Jadeep. Hopefully bigger fights come after this.
TeepToTheJunk
TeepToTheJunk

Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 3 Empty Re: Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu May 19, 2016 11:21 pm
CDF47 wrote:Yeah, after this fight I hope Minakov returns back to Bellator.  They have a solid HW division and I'd like to see him get his belt back.
Best case scenario Coker books an eight man 2 night tournament to crown the new champ.  For instance R1 in August Semis/Finals in Nov.  The new champ has a minimum 3 fight streak.  

Minakov faces the winner for his old belt.

Johnson jr
Kharitonov
Mitrione
Kongo
King Mo
Lashley
Kimbo
BabyFedor

That would mean 4 HW fights plus alternate bouts on the R1 card and 3+ alt on the R2 card.  Casuals love seeing the big boys bang.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 pm
TeepToTheJunk wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Yeah, after this fight I hope Minakov returns back to Bellator.  They have a solid HW division and I'd like to see him get his belt back.
Best case scenario Coker books an eight man 2 night tournament to crown the new champ.  For instance R1 in August Semis/Finals in Nov.  The new champ has a minimum 3 fight streak.  

Minakov faces the winner for his old belt.

Johnson jr
Kharitonov
Mitrione
Kongo
King Mo
Lashley
Kimbo
BabyFedor

That would mean 4 HW fights plus alternate bouts on the R1 card and 3+ alt on the R2 card.  Casuals love seeing the big boys bang.

That makes sense. HW tournaments are my personal favorite. They bring the finishes.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:14 pm
Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 3 Cf0d8c02d4c6eed58fe27dcf4cbd68e8
Three contests have been added to "Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado" on June 17 at Sibur Arena in St. Petersburg, Russia, with the news that Vladimir Filipović (7-1) will move down to middleweight to face Anatoly Tokov (23-2) in main card action, while Kirill Sidelnikov (9-4) versus Ruben Wolf (10-7) and Rasul Mirzaev (15-0) against Dioginis Souza (10-2) .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:55 pm
Tokov and Kirill on card. Nice. This is a great card.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:28 pm
Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 3 Vadim_nemkovFight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 3 1446736228Rozanski
Two contests have been added to "Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado" on June 17 at Sibur Arena in St. Petersburg, Russia,  Vadim Nemkov (5-2) will face Mikołaj "Miki" Różanski (4-1) in main card action, while Valentin Moldavsky (3-0) versus Daniel Dörrer (5-2) also in main card action .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 pm
Team Fedor is showing up for this card, plus Minakov
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:57 pm
Great more high end talent that can be technically criticized for using peds....

Great card too bad the promoters are on fight pass and have no care of drug testing....

God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:16 pm
fka wrote:Great more high end talent that can be technically criticized for using peds....

Great card too bad the promoters are on fight pass and have no care of drug testing....

Drugs are all over professional sports. There´s nothing that says all promotors, leagues or clubs have to test all athletes for every competition. Plus other mma promotions don´t have serious drug testing so this promotion isn´t worse than other promotions.

I´m not pro cheating but it´s everywhere including Bellator.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:33 pm
PEDS always have been all over this sport. Improvements have been made but having Lesnar not have to abide by the rules based on name value is a pretty big set back.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:34 pm
Nice new site background Johan with the Last Emperor.
fka
fka

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:38 pm
Nothing says you should run your company professionally but it'd be great...lmao

Akhmat is screwing fighters trying to change paydays midway through a tournament,you got fight nights openly saying they don't test their fighters and fighters in said org openly saying they will be using illegal shit.

Its a total joke and a discredit to mma on a whole.Mma needs rules like drugtesting to keep fighters safe and keep fights as fair as possible.

Yes drugs are in mma accross the board but there is a MASSIVE difference between orgs that test like ufc,bellator etc and orgs that don't is fighters have to game the system.

They have to pay money for maskers and still are very likely to test positive,recieve a fine,and suspension.

Orgs like fight nights are all but endorsing illegal shit to be used might as well be sponsored by kangaroo jacks house of horse meat lol.

Its a bad look for the org,the sport,and for every fighter on the card .....they all are opening their careers up for extra unnecessary suspision due to the underlying theme of do whatever you want we dont test here.

No matter how remarkable fedor may look its now worthless because most will accuse and or assume he was on something and i wouldn't blame them or really have an argument against it.

Fight nights is on ufc fight pass and are definitely worse then some orgs out there due to lack of fighter safety and or safety standards in general..,,,utter fucking joke.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:46 pm
CDF47 wrote:Nice new site background Johan with the Last Emperor.
Fight Nights Global 50 : Fedor vs. Maldonado - June 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) - Page 3 852107159
fka
fka

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:48 pm
In the lesnar case i agree its fishy...

Lesnar apparently has been knowing of this fight since april and has been checked on during training.I think the base for his exemption is that when he last competed it was before ufc used universal USADA testing so he is or was allowed more time to transition by waiving the rule....or thats my understanding.

Im guessing lesnar was on roids or actually more likelt prescription pain pills.....brock had a struggle with them in his first ufc run....after surgery and on the road wrestling i could see him being dirty needing extra time to clear out system.

Is this bs..? Imo absolutely no one is big enough to ignore protocol.

Is this the same as an entire org being run openly with no testing and fighters from that org doing interviews boasting about his use of illegal drugs and hiw he will be on them for his upcoming fight?.....No not even close.

God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:53 pm
fka wrote:Nothing says you should run your company professionally but it'd be great...lmao

Akhmat is screwing fighters trying to change paydays midway through a tournament,you got fight nights openly saying they don't test their fighters and fighters in said org openly saying they will be using illegal shit.

Its a total joke and a discredit to mma on a whole.Mma needs rules like drugtesting to keep fighters safe and keep fights as fair as possible.

Yes drugs are in mma accross the board but there is a MASSIVE difference between orgs that test like ufc,bellator etc and orgs that don't is fighters have to game the system.

They have to pay money for maskers and still are very likely to test positive,recieve a fine,and suspension.

Orgs like fight nights are all but endorsing illegal shit to be used might as well be sponsored by kangaroo jacks house of horse meat lol.

Its a bad look for the org,the sport,and for every fighter on the card .....they all are opening their careers up for extra unnecessary suspision due to the underlying theme of do whatever you want we dont test here.

No matter how remarkable fedor may look its now worthless because most will accuse and or assume he was on something and i wouldn't blame them or really have an argument against it.

Fight nights is on ufc fight pass and are definitely worse then some orgs out there due to lack of fighter safety and or safety standards in general..,,,utter fucking joke.
I don´t like Fight Nights with the cage and everything but no mma promotion has proper drug testing. The american promotions, for an example, allow fighters to compete at testosterone levels over normal.
fka
fka

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:11 pm
Thats not true anymore guys are getting popped ask frank mir lol.

Us orgs produce the most suspensions and caught cheaters period.....

Wish more orgs made an effort and punished cheaters.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 pm
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:17 pm
Fedor looks in good shape
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:02 am
Real fedor And mma fans rejoice! It's that motherfucking time again!

I consider it a real priveledge to be alive during this time and be able to spectate greatness every time fedor fights, it's history unraveling before your eyes and It always feels special to me. We will look back at this as the fedor era and it will be comparable to the babe ruth era in baseball.

Here's to another fedor fight! Drinks up and hopefully we get a chat going tomorrow for the fight. Anyone in ?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:20 am
What is Fedor's weight???????????

Anyone understand Russian?

He said Maldonado's weight in English (104.75 kilos, or 230.5 pounds), but he only said Fedor's weight in Russian.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:03 am
nodogoshi wrote:What is Fedor's weight???????????

Anyone understand Russian?

He said Maldonado's weight in English (104.75 kilos, or 230.5 pounds), but he only said Fedor's weight in Russian.

105,9 kg / 233,5 lbs
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:12 am
sorry I not supporting that.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:33 pm
I think Fedor needs to retire again after that one.  He looked really bad.  A lot like the sloppy brawling Fedor from the 3 fights he lost except with a worse chin.  I thought for sure after the first round he would take Maldonado down but he just kept swinging with his hands down.  As soon as he walked out I thought he looked bad and was worried.  I don't know what happened but he looked much more healthy and fit on NYE.

One thing is for sure though, they could have let the Hendo and Bigfoot fights go on as even a 40 year old Fedor wouldn't go down when he was rocked bad multiple times. I wonder if he trained in Holland at all for this one? He looked better when he was training there but that still won't help his chin.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 pm
This commentator is a joke. He's being paid off to talk shit about Fedor.

On the fight itself, that was an amazing fight.

We must admit, most fighters in most situations probably would've been stopped in that first round. The fighter was very close to being stopped. Fedor certainly benefited from favoritism, being Fedor, being the headliner and star of the entire event, and being in his home country. Okay, it happens. That wasn't the worst case of it I've ever seen, and I've seen worse in a Franky Edgar fight in the UFC.

It's by that same token that Henderson-Fedor was stopped early. In that case, the powers which be wanted Fedor to lose, and Herb Dean was all ready to wave it off at the earliest opportunity.

Now for the fight itself.

Fedor was throwing his crazy sambo punches and dominating, but then he got caught, YET AGAIN, just like he was caught by Werdum, Henderson, and Bigfoot (when Bigfoot feinted a punch and shot a takedown).

Fabio Maldanado is a 24-0 professional boxer, with 23 KOs. He also earned these accolades during his amateur boxing career:

Universal Boxing Council
UBC Iberian-American Heavyweight Championship (One time)

Liga Paulista de Boxe Profissional
São Paulo State Heavyweight Championship (One time)

Confederação Brasileira de Boxe
Brazil Amateur National Championship (1998, 1999, 2000)

Federação Paulista de Boxe
São Paulo Amateur State Championship (2000, 2001)
São Paulo Amateur State Championship Runner-up (1999)
2001 Jogos Abertos do Interior Amateur Tournament Gold Medalist
2001 Golden Gloves Amateur Tournament Gold Medalist
1999 Jogos Abertos do Interior Amateur Tournament Gold Medalist
1998 Forja de Campeões Amateur Tournament Gold Medalist
1998 Jogos Abertos do Interior Amateur Tournament Gold Medalist
1997 Jogos Abertos do Interior Amateur Tournament Gold Medalist

Boxing of course is apparently just his base and also his secondary occupation though, as he is primarily an MMA fighter, and a well rounded, experienced and dangerous fighter at that.

Fedor just opted to box a boxer, in vintage Fedor fashion.

He dominated the fight, other than getting caught, and very very nearly stopped in the first.

He did have some shaky moments throughout the fight, but Maldonado proved a very dangerous, as well as capable fighter. Fedor fought him at his own game and lost.

When Fedor got caught in the first, I along with many others thought the comeback was over. Images of Tyson-McBride and Tyson-Williams recalled themselves. On top of that, it was deja vu all over again, after Fedor's other losses.

While Fedor clung in and barely hung on, I was thinking to myself this proves it's all mental with Fedor.

It was a momentary lapse of concentration which caused him to get caught by Maldonado.

It was a momentary lapse in concentration which caused him to get caught in his other fights.

Maldonado was Fedor's first serious opponent since Dan Henderson.

It wasn't absolutely pretty, but Fedor did pass the test.

Fedor is a real sportsman. Why do you think he walked away before?

He wasn't going to carry on his sideshow, fighting washed up former gate keepers to line the pockets of the guys around him.

He's in it as a serious competitor, and that means he needs serious fights, and today was a serious fight.

I hope Fedor will be successful this time in tightening up the flaws which are enabling him to be caught like that. It was a tough fight, but I think it will be a good confidence builder, and I hope it will help get Fedor back on track.

Some people will have watched the fight and will read what I just wrote, and will remember Fedor's head bouncing off the canvas alongside their sweet memories of him decapitating people, and call me delusional and beg for Fedor to retire.

Here's the thing. It is you who is delusional if you ever expected Fedor to be the same fighter he was before. It isn't just him, everything changes. The scene changes. The competitors change. New fighters come up. Old fighters come back.

Fighting is a dangerous sport, and if you aren't prepared to have your head bounced off the canvas, you are probably in the wrong sport.

Fedor said it was a tough fight and he wants to take a vacation and heal up and evaluate, and maybe take a little extra time off because it was such a tough fight and he got hurt, but that he'll work it all out in due time. Sounds like a very level headed and prudent approach to me.

One last thing, in the first round, I was sure Fedor was done.

When he stood up though, I started to have some hope. That was a difficult standup, make no question. I also think Fedor looks even worse than he really is, because people are so accustomed to the BJJ defense. Notice, Fedor never tried to pull full guard, not once. He worked in the half guard and attacked the legs looking for sweeps, and then stood up when he was able to create an opening.

It's a different combat system which Fedor uses, and has obviously been effective for him.

He does need to tighten some holes.

When he stumbled across the ring I was still biting my lip, but Fedor managed to stun Maldanado with a right hand before he even got his legs back, and by the time the bell finally rung (and it never could've been soon enough) Fedor's legs were almost back under him. By the second round, he was fine.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:00 pm
Kinosis wrote:I think Fedor needs to retire again after that one.  He looked really bad.  A lot like the sloppy brawling Fedor from the 3 fights he lost except with a worse chin.  I thought for sure after the first round he would take Maldonado down but he just kept swinging with his hands down.  As soon as he walked out I thought he looked bad and was worried.  I don't know what happened but he looked much more healthy and fit on NYE.

One thing is for sure though, they could have let the Hendo and Bigfoot fights go on as even a 40 year old Fedor wouldn't go down when he was rocked bad multiple times.  I wonder if he trained in Holland at all for this one?  He looked better when he was training there but that still won't help his chin.

Fedor is 39 which isn't very old, and isn't old for a heavyweight fighter.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum