GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion

+25
nhbnews
Marko90
m1challengefan
MR.WILLIE
God of Thunder
King of the North
wekka
iforgotmypassword
Snorzel
PhenomKing
westcott123
Rocksoldier84
Adax
CODELMJVG
InfinityLens
stu3ufc
nodogoshi
fatty
Rizin=PRIDEFC
FreeWarMachine
CDF47
fka
TeamJohnPerretti
Kinosis
Kingfedor
29 posters
Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:42 pm
Would be great to see Cro Cop in the OW GP.  Crop Cop vs. Baruto in opening round would like to see!
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:57 am
RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 CndgxLiVIAED8Jt
andy souwer vs daron Cruikshank
RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 Cndg8yjVMAAfVb9
kron gracie vs hideo tokoro
RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 CndhLCwVMAAR4j7
kizaemon saiga vs arsen Yamamoto
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:38 am
RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 Cndpf6DVYAAjLIQ
Adax

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:57 am
Wasn't expecting Cro Cop, very awesome but RIZIN needs some young blood for this tourney too.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:04 am
Kingfedor wrote:RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 CndgxLiVIAED8Jt
andy souwer vs daron Cruikshank
RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 Cndg8yjVMAAfVb9
kron gracie vs hideo tokoro
RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 CndhLCwVMAAR4j7
kizaemon saiga vs arsen Yamamoto

Great to start to this card. Souwer vs. Cruickshank is very interesting.

If Gracie can take out Tokoro, would be a huge step up for him.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:05 am
Kingfedor wrote:RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 Cndpf6DVYAAjLIQ

Cro Cop in GP confirmed. Good stuff. Plus, Wand and Baruto.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:06 am
Audax wrote:Wasn't expecting Cro Cop, very awesome but RIZIN needs some young blood for this tourney too.

I think they plan on that. That is how they build new stars. There are also plans to bring in fighters from other orgs. There is another thread showing all the orgs. they are possibilities for the GP, including now Kunlun.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:44 am
I love it. I didn't think the ufc would let Cro Cop out of his contract. Fujita vs Baruto is a good first round match up but could be a tough one for Baruto if Fujita can take him down or land a bomb.

And yeah, they will have lots of young guys in it as well I am sure. HWs from various orgs. That way you can build new stars if any of them can beat the legends they become instant household names. Making it 16 man was smart, now you can get lots of guys out there, having a chance to put on a good performance.

I bet guys like TK, James Thompson, etc will be in it. During the press conference I'm pretty sure they mentioned Arona but I don't speak Japanese so I don't know what they said about him. I think I heard Fedor as well at one point.

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 4214275342
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:08 am
Kinosis wrote:I love it.  I didn't think the ufc would let Cro Cop out of his contract.  Fujita vs Baruto is a good first round match up but could be a tough one for Baruto if Fujita can take him down or land a bomb.  

And yeah, they will have lots of young guys in it as well I am sure.  HWs from various orgs.  That way you can build new stars if any of them can beat the legends they become instant household names.  Making it 16 man was smart, now you can get lots of guys out there, having a chance to put on a good performance.  

I bet guys like TK, James Thompson, etc will be in it.  During the press conference I'm pretty sure they mentioned Arona but I don't speak Japanese so I don't know what they said about him.  I think I heard Fedor as well at one point.  

i watch the conference in English
Cro cop is not under ufc contract and 18 organisation send fighter candidature
List here: https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t13491-organisation-sending-fighter-candidature-for-rizin-gp
plus they want fan to send fighter name on twitter
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:47 pm
Kinosis wrote:I love it.  I didn't think the ufc would let Cro Cop out of his contract.  Fujita vs Baruto is a good first round match up but could be a tough one for Baruto if Fujita can take him down or land a bomb.  

And yeah, they will have lots of young guys in it as well I am sure.  HWs from various orgs.  That way you can build new stars if any of them can beat the legends they become instant household names.  Making it 16 man was smart, now you can get lots of guys out there, having a chance to put on a good performance.  

I bet guys like TK, James Thompson, etc will be in it.  During the press conference I'm pretty sure they mentioned Arona but I don't speak Japanese so I don't know what they said about him.  I think I heard Fedor as well at one point.  

16 man GP was a very smart decision in my opinion as well.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:49 pm
Kingfedor wrote:

List here: https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t13491-organisation-sending-fighter-candidature-for-rizin-gp

18 orgs. want their fighters to be part of this 16 man GP. Nice!
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:44 pm
^That is a good problem to have. Perhaps a couple of them could be for reserve bouts, in case someone gets injured along the way.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:41 pm
Seems exciting except for Fujita. I really don't want to see him keep losing.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:29 am
Kinosis wrote:^That is a good problem to have.  Perhaps a couple of them could be for reserve bouts, in case someone gets injured along the way.

I think it's great so many orgs want their fighters in on this.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:32 am
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett Very Happy

RIZIN needs to sign Minowaman
RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 3 978902312

Why haven't they already? He seems like a very logical guy to sign and yet I haven't even heard him mentioned.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:43 am
Kinosis wrote:^Yeah, getting some champs from other orgs would be good.  Or at least top contenders.  

That's what I'd like to see as well.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:44 am
I agree with Minowa. Rizin should sign him.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:36 pm
UFC should send a fighter to the GP. This is the first OW GP of this magnitude in over 10 years and over 18 orgs. want in.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:59 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:

18 orgs. want their fighters to be part of this 16 man GP.  Nice!

Next year there might be even more wow this org is growing by the day and it is not even a year old Rizin is on the way up
and will only get bigger the ufc has peaked .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:19 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:

18 orgs. want their fighters to be part of this 16 man GP.  Nice!

Next year there might be even more wow this org is growing by the day and it is not even a year old Rizin is on the way up
and will only get bigger the ufc has peaked .

I know, this is great news for JMMA.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 pm
The MMA Union of Russia is going to send someone it looks like. If it's Fedor, perhaps he is going to fight in bellator (which is why he will get a bye in the first round - assuming he is the other person getting a bye). If not Fedor, it will probably be Kirill.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:29 pm
^Hope it's Fedor or Fedor vs. GP winner on some other date would be good too.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:21 pm
^Yup. Rizin can do a lot of things. Even if Fedor is not in it, he can fight there on NYE. Not to mention they can make Fedor vs Cro Cop II and Fedor vs Wanderlei Silva down the line. Both of those would be great.
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 am
So will this be a 12 fighter GP? It sounds like 4 fighters will get a bye in the first round
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:02 am
^I think 14 according to the chart I saw.  I know that ESPN article said 4 fighters get a bye though.  Guess we will find out. It was originally going to be an 8 man tourney, but having an extra round is good for discovering new talent.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum