GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If overeem wins the UFC belt is he the greatest hw of all time?

+6
Kinosis
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rocksoldier84
CDF47
iforgotmypassword
fka
10 posters
Go down

if alistair overeem wins the ufc belt is he the greatest hw of all time?

Yes

No

Hes #2

Hes top 5

Hes top 10

View results

fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

If overeem wins the UFC belt is he the greatest hw of all time? Empty If overeem wins the UFC belt is he the greatest hw of all time?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:25 pm
Recently overeem came out and said ge thought fedor was not the GOAR.Today i read something asking the question if he beats miocic and gets the hw title does he become the GOAT?

id like to see everyones thoughts.
fka
fka

If overeem wins the UFC belt is he the greatest hw of all time? Empty Re: If overeem wins the UFC belt is he the greatest hw of all time?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:30 pm
No way in hell is overeem #1 i voted top 5

Fedor and big nog hold 1-2

Overeem lost to antonio silva,ben rothwell,and travis browne in ufc.His win over lesnar he cheated.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

If overeem wins the UFC belt is he the greatest hw of all time? Empty Re: If overeem wins the UFC belt is he the greatest hw of all time?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 pm
Overeem is a piece of shit talking bad about Fedor and shilling the UFC. I liked him until that. I hope his glass is shattered into a 1000 pieces.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:16 pm
No, Fedor is but Reem would be top 5 or so.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:17 pm
I think MMAFighting is asking this. My opinion is no. Overeem is a long way to go to be the Heavyweight GOAT. His Strikeforce and DREAM title reigns were weak as he only defended the SF belt once and that was two and a half years after he won it. He never fought for DREAM after winning their belt so he never successfully defended it. Fedor won PRIDE's World Title and the WAMMA belt along with the 2004 PRIDE Heavyweight Grand Prix. Fedor also defended both belts against top 10 fighters and never lost either one.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:23 pm
MMA is marathon not one race, you win some you lose some but what separates  the best is consistency to stay or return on top.
Did Overrem won K-1 GP? Yes. Is that huge? Yes, and that makes him great but he is not G.O.A.T of K-1 because he did not won it 4 times like Hoost etc.

Overeem is fighter who can beat anyone on right night but consistency is problem. He will maybe beat Miocic one night but other night will lose to Bigfoot. Some fighters are like that. Randleman(R.I.P) was one of those fighters who could come and beat anybody at right night but he had many holes in game like ground game and would not be able to be guy who rules division and never lose. Some fighters styles work better against some types of fighters, luck, confidence etc. it all has effect and only the best can stay on top for longer time and Overeem imo is not guy who can stay on top but fighter that goes up and down.

btw I think Overeem will win by KO in 3 round and I will explain why.
Miocic is now too confident while Overeem will be patient and all of experience will work for him + Miocic fights worse against big guys (Struve).

that being said Cain (if he does not get injured again) will take his belt back.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:39 pm
iforgotmypassword wrote:Overeem is a piece of shit talking bad about Fedor and shilling the UFC. I liked him until that. I hope his glass is shattered into a 1000 pieces.

Same here, sort of.  I've always had and love/hate relationship with him.  He is a good fighter but sometimes he gets way too cocky.  And yeah, his recent anti-Fedor and Pride comments didn't make me want to root for him against Miocic.  If Overeem does win the belt tonight, I don't think he keeps it long.

But no, he isn't GOAT. His Strikeforce and Dream title were next to meaningless. He has lost 14 fights, and his years of heavy PED use disqualify him from even being in the running. Even though he has been inconsistent, he has beat a lot of good guys (even if he was on PEDs for some of those) so I would probably have him around 6 or 7 right now, all time. If he wins tonight, maybe 4 or 5.
m1challengefan
m1challengefan

Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:09 pm
Hes definitely a top HW right now and probably even in the past 2 years or more but to think he'd be considered the goat is truly laughable considering his pattern of winning a couple fights and then getting brutally ko'd is notorious.

Another important point to make is that Overeem for most of his career has competed as a lhw,even if he wins the UFC title tonight that doesn't hold that much weight in terms of goat talks because tbh that belt is never held any longer than 2 title defences before there's a new title holder and not only that the UFC hw belt has been held by a who's who of the hw division over the years.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 am
Worst GLASS IN COMBAT SPORTS. NEVER TALK ABOUT FEDOR!!!
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:36 am
^Amen. Who gets KO'd from the guard? Especially when he wasn't even rocked when he got taken down.
fka
fka

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:05 am
And the BS tap excuse.....replay is a wonderful thing.

Overeem is a pussy lol
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:25 am
fka wrote:And the BS tap excuse.....replay is a wonderful thing.

Overeem is a pussy lol

Well, he needs to bullshit himself somehow after he talked a lot of shit on Fedor. He wishes he could get half the achievements of Fedor.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:44 am
I knew REEM was done once they busted him for TRT. The TRT made him gas but it did improve his chin a little. After that he beat HW's that just suck for a title shot. KO'd stiff by Rothwell then beat fat nelson a rusty JDS and Arlovski.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:30 am
He ate some brutal shots from the guard. I thought he had a better guard then that. His chin was wide open for Stipe to unleash. Was a very entertaining fight though and both guys had their moments. Stipe/Werdum II should be next now.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:58 pm
CDF47 wrote:He ate some brutal shots from the guard.  I thought he had a better guard then that. His chin was wide open for Stipe to unleash.  Was a very entertaining fight though and both guys had their moments.  Stipe/Werdum II should be next now.

Yeah it should be but knowing the ufc they will most likely make cain the next challenger and as for overeem talking shit about fedor ,fedor has had 10x the career overeem has isnt it amazing how overeem is talking shit about him now yet didn't say squat when they were both under the pride banner ?
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:03 pm
Kinosis wrote:
iforgotmypassword wrote:Overeem is a piece of shit talking bad about Fedor and shilling the UFC. I liked him until that. I hope his glass is shattered into a 1000 pieces.

Same here, sort of.  I've always had and love/hate relationship with him.  He is a good fighter but sometimes he gets way too cocky.  And yeah, his recent anti-Fedor and Pride comments didn't make me want to root for him against Miocic.  If Overeem does win the belt tonight, I don't think he keeps it long.

But no, he isn't GOAT.  His Strikeforce and Dream title were next to meaningless.  He has lost 14 fights, and his years of heavy PED use disqualify him from even being in the running.  Even though he has been inconsistent, he has beat a lot of good guys (even if he was on PEDs for some of those) so I would probably have him around 6 or 7 right now, all time.  If he wins tonight, maybe 4 or 5.

Yet overeem went 7 and 7 under the pride banner
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:59 pm
I can´t stand Overeem nowadays. Glad to see him go down.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:30 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:He ate some brutal shots from the guard.  I thought he had a better guard then that. His chin was wide open for Stipe to unleash.  Was a very entertaining fight though and both guys had their moments.  Stipe/Werdum II should be next now.

Yeah it should be but knowing the ufc they will most likely make cain the next challenger and as for overeem talking shit about fedor ,fedor has had 10x the career overeem has isnt it amazing how overeem is talking shit about him now yet didn't  say squat when they were both under the pride banner ?

True
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:39 pm
God of Thunder wrote:
I can´t stand Overeem nowadays. Glad to see him go down.

should have kept his mouth shut about the GOAT fedor....especially with that chin

Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:00 pm
It was weird that Overeem came out to Pride music, after bashing Pride and saying the ufc was better. Perhaps he was trying to pander to everyone (ufc and Pride fans) so everyone would like him.

I also think the reason he bashed Fedor and was downplaying him and Pride was because if he had won the ufc belt he was going to argue he was GOAT now. Since he was devaluing Pride and saying the ufc is better, his HW belt would be more valuable than the ufc belt.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 pm
Kinosis wrote:It was weird that Overeem came out to Pride music, after bashing Pride and saying the ufc was better.  Perhaps he was trying to pander to everyone (ufc and Pride fans) so everyone would like him.  

I also think the reason he bashed Fedor and was downplaying him and Pride was because if he had won the ufc belt he was going to argue he was GOAT now.  Since he was devaluing Pride and saying the ufc is better, his HW belt would be more valuable than the ufc belt.  

True and fedor is the goat i mean hell the haters have to compare him to today's fighters to try and slam his accomplishments they compare him to the likes of stipe cain jds and all that they hardly ever compare him to mir sylvia arlovski couture the guys that were also fighting during his prime .
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:13 am

Sorry but were getting Werdum vs. Sea Level Cain.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:14 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Sorry but were getting Werdum vs. Sea Level Cain.

That sucks. I was hoping for that Stipe/Werdum rematch.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum