GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are some of the greatest fight-ending submissions of all time?

+14
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Longtime Fan
RussianTopTeam
IQ Wrestler
wekka
ZuffaKiller
Dagwood
Adax
Wolfman
KSW
Jose Cansayflows
Heretic
Sodak
nodogoshi
18 posters
Go down
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

What are some of the greatest fight-ending submissions of all time? Empty What are some of the greatest fight-ending submissions of all time?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:26 pm
For starters, this one is surely up there. The finish is at 12:55.

Sodak
Sodak

What are some of the greatest fight-ending submissions of all time? Empty Re: What are some of the greatest fight-ending submissions of all time?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 pm
yeah that was pretty sweet. I liked this one.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

What are some of the greatest fight-ending submissions of all time? Empty Re: What are some of the greatest fight-ending submissions of all time?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:49 pm
^^

That was good.

Just to note with regards to the topic, they don't have to be especially unique techniques (though these are always nice of course). An especially well executed sub against a really strong grappler for instance is also great. It's also a subjective question of course (what is a great submission?).

Last edited by nodogoshi on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:54 pm
To me, this one has to be up there.

Heretic
Heretic

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:10 pm
Big nog vs Bob sapp was awesome back in the day
Jose Cansayflows
Jose Cansayflows

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 pm
Anderson/Sonnen 1
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:24 pm
Heretic wrote:Big nog vs Bob sapp was awesome back in the day

Yeah, that was impressive. Seeing Nog armbaring such a giant limb was pretty amazing.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:25 pm
Jose Cansayflows wrote:Anderson/Sonnen 1

That one was amazing. Maybe the best clutch submission ever. Definitely up there on the list.
Heretic
Heretic

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:32 pm
Kazushi sakuraba vs Carlos newton was awesome as well...
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:45 pm
Heretic wrote:Big nog vs Bob sapp was awesome back in the day

The sub is at about 19:20. (BTW, how do I start the video at a specific time when I post the embed?)
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:46 pm
Jose Cansayflows wrote:Anderson/Sonnen 1

The sub begins from about 26:30.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:52 pm
I didn't think so at the time, but on rewatching I actually don't think that Sonnen tapped. I think that his hand did something similar to a single tap, but he didn't intend it to be so. He looks like he realized it and gave a thumbs up to the ref.

But, I don't think it means anything. Anderson had enough time to force the submission anyway imo, and this didn't change the results. Also, a submission can be a subjective thing even. It isn't unlike a knockout, especially in boxing, where sometimes a ref has to save a fighter from themselves. We see boarderline calls all the time, and it can happen with a submission too. To me, it is just fundamental. I just noticed that though and thought I'd comment. Kinda interesting.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:59 pm
Heretic wrote:Kazushi sakuraba vs Carlos newton was awesome as well...

The sub starts from about 6:25.

KSW
KSW

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:02 pm
5:35, one of the most beautiful submissions ever
KSW
KSW

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:05 pm
Of course..
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:08 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Of course..

Agreed, that has to be one of the ones.
Sodak
Sodak

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:26 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
Heretic wrote: (BTW, how do I start the video at a specific time when I post the embed?)

if its you tube just add #t=n where n is the number of seconds in. put this after the weird letter code before the parenthesis.

tried to post example but it kept embedding screw it heres a link

http://www.israellycool.com/2011/12/02/how-to-embed-youtube-video-from-certain-time/
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:52 pm
I came here to post the Sapp vs Nog one but it's so obvious it was already taken.

So here's a few... Thanks Sodak it really works so all the videos here start at the sub time.

Awesome submission:

Two during truly dramatic moments:

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm
Wolfman wrote:I came here to post the Sapp vs Nog one but it's so obvious it was already taken.

So here's a few... Thanks Sodak it really works so all the videos here start at the sub time.

Awesome submission:

Two during truly dramatic moments:

All three superb submissions. The first one is especially amazing with respect to the technique in question, but the other two are great as well, considering the context in which they occurred.

Keep em coming bros.

It'd be awesome to make a highlight vid of say the top 15 or top 20 (top 30?).
KSW
KSW

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm
Wolfman wrote:

Love this one, we need more flying armbars
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:58 pm
Genki Sudo had some crazy subs. I'll have to go back and review some of his later.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm
This one was sweet and one of HL's of Aoki's career.

Now another very dramatic one.

The Rocky music fits it well. Old Saku showing heart and getting the sub in this truly emotional moment.

Hopefully wekka and IQ bring some great JMMA subs.

I'll bring some classics later too.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm
One more before i go out... Definately one of the craziest subs of all.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm
Wolfman is completely owning this thread.

Maybe it would have to be a top 50.
Sodak
Sodak

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 pm
speaking of flying armbars, can't forget the ladies

I thought the set up on this was kinda cool using here feet to move her arms.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum