GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 2 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 2 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:09 am
UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 2 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 9k=
UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway
June 2, 2017
HSBC Arena 
Rio De Janeirio, Brazil

Main Card
Featherweight: José Aldo (Champion) vs. Max Holloway (Interim Champion) 
Women's Strawweight: Cláudia Gadelha vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Middleweight: Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt
Middleweight: Paulo Borrachinha vs. Oluwale Bamgbose
Welterweight: Erick Silva vs. Yancy Medeiros

Preliminary Card 
Bantamweight: Raphael Assunção vs. Marlon Moraes
Middleweight: Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Eric Spicely
Bantamweight: Johnny Eduardo vs. Matthew Lopez
Bantamweight: Iuri Alcântara vs. Brian Kelleher
Women's Strawweight: Viviane Pereira vs. Jamie Moyle
Welterweight: Luan Chagas vs. Jim Wallhead
Flyweight: Marco Beltrán vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 2 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 2 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:13 am
I'd like to see Aldo get the KO here. I still see McGregor as FW champ though. He should be holding both belts still in my opinion.

Also, pulling for Vitor, Silva, and Moraes
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 2 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway - June 2 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:38 pm
2 entertaining fights to start the prelims. Eduardo just ate some brutal GNP.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:43 pm
CDF47 wrote:I'd like to see Aldo get the KO here.  I still see McGregor as FW champ though.  He should be holding both belts still in my opinion.

Why should he still be FW champ when he's never defended it despite having won the title a year and a half ago and hasn't fought at Featherweight since? It's already bad enough McGregor hasn't defended the LW title and likely won't this year. The guy just creates logjams.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:01 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:I'd like to see Aldo get the KO here.  I still see McGregor as FW champ though.  He should be holding both belts still in my opinion.

Why should he still be FW champ when he's never defended it despite having won the title a year and a half ago and hasn't fought at Featherweight since? It's already bad enough McGregor hasn't defended the LW title and likely won't this year. The guy just creates logjams.

He does create log jams, I agree, but he earned both belts and he should be defending both. McGregor wanted it this way as well but the whole Mayweather fight is further slowing things down for his MMA career because there are huge sums of money involved with that fight.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:07 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

He does create log jams, I agree, but he earned both belts and he should be defending both.  McGregor wanted it this way as well but the whole Mayweather fight is further slowing things down for his MMA career because there are huge sums of money involved with that fight.  

He may have earned them but he deserved to lose it when he chose not to defend it. Is it fair for Featherweights to sit and wait while McGregor is fighting Nate Diaz for two fights and talks his way into a Lightweight Championship against Eddie Alvarez? Is it right for them to wait while he seeks a fight from Mayweather. He's an MMA champion and that's what pisses me off about fighters moving around. You're the champion, that's your number one priority. Not "Superfights", not "Boxing Fights". Defend your title or give it the hell up.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:10 pm
I can't believe UFC is still using "Face The Pain". They need tips from JMMA. Glad we have no Joe Rogan but Anik is dull.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:19 am
Great win for max Holloway most likely be the run of a new champion still Aldo is the greatest feather weight of all time
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:49 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

He does create log jams, I agree, but he earned both belts and he should be defending both.  McGregor wanted it this way as well but the whole Mayweather fight is further slowing things down for his MMA career because there are huge sums of money involved with that fight.  

He may have earned them but he deserved to lose it when he chose not to defend it. Is it fair for Featherweights to sit and wait while McGregor is fighting Nate Diaz for two fights and talks his way into a Lightweight Championship against Eddie Alvarez? Is it right for them to wait while he seeks a fight from Mayweather. He's an MMA champion and that's what pisses me off about fighters moving around. You're the champion, that's your number one priority. Not "Superfights", not "Boxing Fights". Defend your title or give it the hell up.

Yeah, probably too many delays by McGregor in this case.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:49 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:I can't believe UFC is still using "Face The Pain". They need tips from JMMA. Glad we have no Joe Rogan but Anik is dull.

I know, that song needs to go.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:50 am
westcott123 wrote:Great win for max Holloway most likely be the run of a new champion still Aldo is the greatest feather weight of all time

That was a very impressive win. He really took it to Aldo in the third to earn the stoppage. Overall, the card was very entertaining with a lot of nice finishes.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:53 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:I can't believe UFC is still using "Face The Pain". They need tips from JMMA. Glad we have no Joe Rogan but Anik is dull.

Rogan is gone?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:11 pm
Hamilcar wrote:

Rogan is gone?

No, but he is only doing certain events.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum