GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

mir rumored to be out vs cormier.... Empty mir rumored to be out vs cormier....

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 pm
Adam Martin
@MMAdamMartin

According to @sportsrage, Frank Mir is out of his Strikeforce fight with Daniel Cormier.
3:17am Wed Sep 19 from Toronto, Ontario

injury bug again strikes....zuffa ia getting fuck by injuries, now going against wsof and nbs sports november

3rd...without mir vs cormier it can spell trouble,,,,
Michał
Michał

mir rumored to be out vs cormier.... Empty Re: mir rumored to be out vs cormier....

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 pm
Cormier Vs. Mark Hunt plz
doubledx2c

mir rumored to be out vs cormier.... Empty Re: mir rumored to be out vs cormier....

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:06 am
Michał wrote:Cormier Vs. Mark Hunt plz

Unfortunately, Mark Hunt is still rehabbing his knee. Now would've been a great time to call in Sylvia, but I guess they can settle for someone like Devin Cole.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:20 am
doubledx2c wrote:
Michał wrote:Cormier Vs. Mark Hunt plz

Unfortunately, Mark Hunt is still rehabbing his knee. Now would've been a great time to call in Sylvia, but I guess they can settle for someone like Devin Cole.

Cormier already pummeled Cole. That would be a huge step back, and not very interesting.

My guess is that they'll try to send in another guy from the UFC.

Then again, I'm not really sure who there is available.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 am
best way these days to tell the BBF that you don't want to fight someone is to get "injured" simple as that
wekka
wekka

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:02 am
Werdum, plz.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:49 am
moronoRepublic wrote:Werdum, plz.

I agree! I was hoping to see Mir get smashed but oh well, Werdum vs Cormier is a better fight anyway and there is still time for Werdum to train properly.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 pm
Frank Mir (16-6 MMA, 14-6 UFC) will not fight Daniel Cormier (10-0 MMA, 7-0 SF), as it turns out.

An undisclosed injury has forced the ex-UFC champ to withdraw from "Strikeforce: Cormier vs. Mir," which takes place Nov. 3 at Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City, Okla., and airs live on Showtime and Showtime Extreme.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the news on Tuesday night with a source close to the promotion following an initial report from news show Sports Rage. It's unknown whether a replacement for Mir has been found.

Sources indicated to MMAjunkie.com that a knee injury could be to blame for Mir's withdrawal.

Mir was set to be the first active UFC fighter to cross over to Strikeforce. His matchup with Cormier materialized after fellow ex-UFC champ Tim Sylvia was nixed for a potential headliner with the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix champion.

In his most recent appearance, Mir replaced Alistair Overeem to fight UFC heavyweight champ Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146 and lost via second-round TKO. It was his second failed bid to regain the undisputed belt after a motorcycle accident forced him to relinquish the title he won at UFC 48.

The broken leg sustained kept him out of action for nearly two years.

The undefeated Cormier most recently outpointed Josh Barnett to win the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix after entering the eight-man tournament in the semifinals as an alternate.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30688/frank-mir-injured-out-of-strikeforce-heavyweight-fight-against-daniel-cormier.mma

confirmed....so let the tim sylvia rumors begin...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum