GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellator 97: Askren vs Koreshkov - July 31 (Official Discussion)

+12
Shlemenko_fan
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
fka
Mikal
TehPackage
KSW
Dagwood
wekka
Adax
Sonatine
CDF47
MR.WILLIE
16 posters
Go down
Realidea
Realidea

Bellator 97: Askren vs Koreshkov - July 31 (Official Discussion) - Page 4 Empty Re: Bellator 97: Askren vs Koreshkov - July 31 (Official Discussion)

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:20 pm
to be fair Askren hasn't fought a great wrestler yet. shit not even someone who has a decent TDD.
Fairweather

Bellator 97: Askren vs Koreshkov - July 31 (Official Discussion) - Page 4 Empty Re: Bellator 97: Askren vs Koreshkov - July 31 (Official Discussion)

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:20 pm
wekka wrote:Quite possibly the greatest MMA wrestling in the history of the sport.

yea he's insane
loyalty13
loyalty13

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 pm
Ben a G.
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 pm
God i hope Lima Knees him to shit
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:26 pm
Wekkas right askren can do this to anyone he gets his arms around.being Olympic calibur doesn't come easy while its not mma it is far higher level grappling then anything anyone in mma can offer.and lets be honest every fight askren has he turns into a straight grappling match something no one will best him at.
wekka
wekka

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 pm
Are there even good welterweight wrestlers outside of the UFC?
Fairweather

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 pm
wekka wrote:Are there even good welterweight wrestlers outside of the UFC?

Fitch Bellator 97: Askren vs Koreshkov - July 31 (Official Discussion) - Page 4 3973136183 
loyalty13
loyalty13

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:43 pm
Fairweather wrote:
wekka wrote:Are there even good welterweight wrestlers outside of the UFC?

Fitch Bellator 97: Askren vs Koreshkov - July 31 (Official Discussion) - Page 4 3973136183 

Burkman. Razz 
fka
fka

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:47 pm
Michael Chandler is the star of bellator and for good reason good God his hands are progressing every fight.

Truly dangerous everywhere and he is a FINISHER!
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 pm
Chandler might be the best LW on the planet.
Adax

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Chandler might be the best LW on the planet.

It's debatable, in my opinion I'd say yes.
Adax

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 pm
Incredible speed and power and accuracy.
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 pm

Rolling LMAO
fka
fka

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:52 pm
Truly the definition of well rounded fighter high level grappling and now fast accurate heavy hands making him a true force in all of mma.
fka
fka

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 pm
Bubba Jenkins training with askren could be a black askren LOL not saying they're going to just saying it could happen.
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 pm
fka wrote:Bubba Jenkins training with askren could be a black askren LOL not saying they're going to just saying it could happen.

Bubba trains at ATT. unless he moved and im not aware of it
loyalty13
loyalty13

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 pm
Agreed. He'd eat Benson and Gil for breakfast.
fka
fka

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 pm
Chandler vs bendo fight of the year in which Chandler legitimately knocks Benson out cold.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Askren wrestling is second to none in mma

Second to none in unified rules cage fight. Same with GSP. You can't use those same top control wrestling strategies without attempting to submit or KO your opponent in many other top MMA leagues overseas. You'll get stood up and then yellow carded riding an opponent much of the time in a very static position and not attempting subs or not throwing big enough strikes to KO or really hurt them.

You gotta learn your MMA rules. There is a lot of different sets of them. Unified rules are not the only rules in MMA. The cage is not the only place where fights take place where the cage is used extensively and affects out comes of fights.

Askren is second to none in North American MMA or in unified rules/cage fighting.

If he or GSP with their specific skill-set and strategy where to employ that back in PRIDE or today in a lot of big orgs overseas the ref would say...

fka
fka

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:54 pm
Bubba doesn't train with askren I'm saying if he chose to do so he could employ an identical gameplan.
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:59 pm
fka wrote:Bubba doesn't train with askren I'm saying if he chose to do so he could employ an identical gameplan.

well he isnt a fag so no he wouldn't. he actually goes for the finish.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:30 pm
Dagwood wrote:

Second to none in unified rules cage fight. Same with GSP. You can't use those same top control wrestling strategies without attempting to submit or KO your opponent in many other top MMA leagues overseas. You'll get stood up and then yellow carded riding an opponent much of the time in a very static position and not attempting subs or not throwing big enough strikes to KO or really hurt them.

You gotta learn your MMA rules. There is a lot of different sets of them. Unified rules are not the only rules in MMA. The cage is not the only place where fights take place where the cage is used extensively and affects out comes of fights.

Askren is second to none in North American MMA or in unified rules/cage fighting.

If he or GSP with their specific skill-set and strategy where to employ that back in PRIDE or today in a lot of big orgs overseas the ref would say...

Well I don't care if they fight in the beach, askren wrestling is great, he dominates and damages his opponents...we can disagree on rules, cage or ring, whatever but the reality of things is that you have to ko him in the feet but in the ground this kid is impressive
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:40 pm
Realidea wrote:

Rolling LMAO

Care to elaborate?
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:54 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:
Realidea wrote:

Rolling LMAO

Care to elaborate?

he has 2 decent wins and 1 real good win. again mma fans jump off and on fighters way to quick. if he wins his next fight and looks like shit he sucks if he wins like he did tonight hes the Best Eva. let him fight better competition before calming hes the Best. he's top 7 for sure
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:57 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

Well I don't care if they fight in the beach, askren wrestling is great, he dominates and damages his opponents...we can disagree on rules, cage or ring, whatever but the reality of things is that you have to ko him in the feet but in the ground this kid is impressive

Yes his wrestling is great. The skillset and strategy that he is using is not what MMA was intended to be when the sport was formed nor did anyone foresee the game being so skewed towards wrestling. As I've said, the object of the game WAS to submit or KO your opponent. Simple as that. Don't anybody give nothing about no time limits or head soccer kicks or whatever.

Askren, GSP, and Greg Jackson have figured out loopholes that no one ever intended to be there. No one. It was supposed to be a fair contest for any or all martial arts forms. The object of the game was to submit your opponent. Decisions we're more unintended consequences than any kind of goal. This has now been turned completely on its' head.

As for the beach... Royce Gracie & GJJ already proved that laying in wait eternally with a huge worldclass wrestler in your guard until they made on single mistake ends/wins the fight. Why should a world-class wrestler like Askren be unbeatable off the beach??? Exactly which skill, technique, or strategy that you saw Askren use last night would beat Royce Gracie in the first UFC's?, the beach?, the street?, the grocery store? None. None. He couldn't KO or submit someone if he tried. This is so far from the spirit of NHB - Vale Tudo - or where the sport of MMA was started it really is unbelievable.

The unified rules and the cage are making the sport of MMA veer sideways only to fall off into obscurity HERE at some point. We are clearly seeing serious bias in the rules towards wrestling and a changing of the object of the game. I do not remember this happening in any sport in my life time.

Luckily for the rest of the entire other world of MMA and me, there is MMA outside of the US, Canada, Brazil or wherever the unified rules & the cage are used.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum