GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled

+4
nodogoshi
backdoor to zuffa
Heretic
Snorzel
8 posters
Go down
Snorzel
Snorzel

Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled Empty Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:40 pm
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/6/11/8764481/tyrone-spong-vs-julian-pollard-booked-bkb-boxing-title-fight-june-27-las-vegas

Tyrone Spong is set to fight for the BKB (big knockout boxing) heavyweight title against Julian Pollard the current champ at the next event. I posted video of 2 previous events in the videos section. My apologies if it was a double post, I searched but found nothing on this yet. If you find the most recent event please share.

I watched the first event. It reminded me of some of the old 'tough man' fights. Some good finishes. Pollard is taking a big step up in competition taking on Spong IMO. He fought at both events in the videos. Spong is a big pickup for BKB, heck it got me to watch the events
Heretic
Heretic

Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled Empty Re: Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:24 pm
nice match up!!
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled Empty Re: Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:43 pm
BKB was an entertaining sideshow not to be taken seriously. Spong will probably win pretty easily. I'll be watching.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:42 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:BKB was an entertaining sideshow not to be taken seriously. Spong will probably win pretty easily. I'll be watching.

Pollard is actually an okay prospect. He hasn't done much in the pros but he had an alright amateur career. Spong's kickboxing experience is of course relevant but basically both guys are relative novices in pro boxing, the fight is likely a toss up.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:41 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
backdoor to zuffa wrote:BKB was an entertaining sideshow not to be taken seriously. Spong will probably win pretty easily. I'll be watching.

Pollard is actually an okay prospect. He hasn't done much in the pros but he had an alright amateur career. Spong's kickboxing experience is of course relevant but basically both guys are relative novices in pro boxing, the fight is likely a toss up.

I forgot BKB had a show last year. I didn't see it, hence I didn't see Pollard. I just watched his fight and yeah he is definitely more solid than the guys from the last show. He doesn't have much speed, but his actual boxing ability is better than what I've seen from Spong. Spong may have the better power shots though. You are right in saying this a toss up.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:45 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

I forgot BKB had a show last year. I didn't see it, hence I didn't see Pollard. I just watched his fight and yeah he is definitely more solid than the guys from the last show. He doesn't have much speed, but his actual boxing ability is better than what I've seen from Spong. Spong may have the better power shots though. You are right in saying this a toss up.

It's hard to pick based on what is available. Spong is still the favorite I would say. But you never know I guess. But I guess that Pollard is a legit boxer. And it's hard to say how Spong is as a boxer. Some kickboxers have transitioned well into heavyweight boxing though.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:13 pm
Pollard doesn't even train full time...

I watched the bkb build up show

You see spong driving in a porsche lol goes to his loaded house with all hus belts framed on the wall.

Thenyou see pollard struggling to find time to get a sparring session in.he looked bad in sparring and was vocally not happy with himself.

I honestly think spong will ko pollard with relative ease.....but u never know.

Ill look up results but im not watching this Shit lol.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:40 pm
Spong is injured and replaced with Rodney Hernandez
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:45 pm
BKB is fun to watch and Im not a boxing fan.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:13 pm
I like BKB. BKB is all about inside fighting. It isn't that trashy, either. The commentary is decent. I hope they stick with Robert Garcia. fka just wants something to be opposed to, because he takes so much heat for supporting Bellator Wink.

Yeah I was wrong about Pollard. Hate to admit it, but I was mostly just looking at boxrec. I can't keep up with boxing like I use to.

Too bad Spong is out. He probably would have won handily, he's the better fighter and better athlete.

I hope that Spong can be on the next card.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:22 pm
nodogoshi wrote: fka just wants something to be opposed to

typical FKA is typical Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361
fka
fka

Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:59 pm
No i am opposed to it because its low brow bs.

It catered to street thugs and hood rats lol its seems its getting actual boxers instead of backyard bullies but im just not a fan of much of anything they offer up.

Im not the only one who has criticised the quality of fighters in bkb.

If you remember correctly i watched and sonewhat promoted the very first BKB when it stood for bareknuckle boxing,gloves had holes where knuckles stuck out...

Even that event was bad and after that it just never looked any better to me.
fka
fka

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:01 pm
I can't get behind a company that promoted one of there fighters assaulting random people like that made him tough.

The ko game is fr punks,pussys,and thugs....got no respect fir that whatsoever.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:08 pm
Fair enough.

Like I said, I find the inside fighting it facilitates interesting though.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 pm
fka wrote:No i am opposed to it because its low brow bs.

It catered to street thugs and hood rats lol its seems its getting actual boxers instead of backyard bullies but im just not a fan of much of anything they offer up.

Im not the only one who has criticised the quality of fighters in bkb.

If you remember correctly i watched and sonewhat promoted the very first BKB when it stood for bareknuckle boxing,gloves had holes where knuckles stuck out...

Even that event was bad and after that it just never looked any better to me.

says the cage fighting fan Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:16 pm
fka wrote:I can't get behind a company that promoted one of there fighters assaulting random people like that made him tough.

The ko game is fr punks,pussys,and thugs....got no respect fir that whatsoever.

you were OK with Bellator promoting War Machine and countless other ex-cons like Daniel Straus, Paul Daley, Rampage Jackson, Dan McGuane, Kimbo/ Ken Shamrock/ Joe Riggs though Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361 Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361 Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361
fka
fka

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:23 pm
They never promoted war machine shanking someone in jail lol bkb is a joke.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm
bellaturd is full of criminal fighters. Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:42 pm
Well put.

Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361
fka
fka

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:57 pm
Point is they dont promote it ublije these douche bags....

Spong probly pulled out cuz he realized koing a part time liquor store worker wasn't a great highlight of his career:)
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:53 am
nodogoshi wrote:Well put.

Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361

this symbol Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361 needs to be changed to :FKA:
fka
fka

Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:11 pm
You fags love a good circke jerk dont you Smile
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:13 pm
fka wrote:You fags love a good circke jerk dont you Smile

you've even got your fist up in your avatar just like the emotocon Rolling LMAO

Tyrone Spong vs Julian Pollard canceled 3071225361 FKA lolzzzzz
fka
fka

Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:15 pm
Not quite lol

Glad you think about me while you and nodo are furiously pulling pork lol

Means alot stu Smile
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:52 pm
Hey FKA, you still got that painting job?

I'm leaving Tokyo for good next year.

Fuck this place.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum