GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Bellator champ Pitbull Freire says he could beat Aldo and to judge fighters skills not where they are fighting. Empty Bellator champ Pitbull Freire says he could beat Aldo and to judge fighters skills not where they are fighting.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:58 pm
Great interview he makes alot of great points.

This comes from bloody elbow

Conor McGregor is obviously not the only top-featherweight that is firing shots in the direction of UFC champion Jose Aldo right now. Patricio "Pitbull" Freire, another gritty Brazilian 145-pounder, who holds the belt over at Bellator, now released a lengthy statement, in which he kind of challenges Aldo and every other UFC fighter.

Here's the full statement (via MMA Fighting):

"I'm at the top. You can rank Aldo and no one else ahead of me right now. But not for long. I'm positive I'd beat Aldo. Some of the guys people say would beat me I just shake my head and ask myself if they're serious. Look, I have 26 fights, should be 26-0. I have been dominant in 90 percent of those. I haven't been fighting scrubs. Ever since I began I fought the toughest guys that they could put in front of me. Now because of my last two fights people want to write me off? Fights that I won, by the way.

Fedor was rocked by Fujita, he was suplexed by Randleman, Floyd Mayweather was rocked by Shane Mosley. There are so many examples of things like this happening in combat sports. How many comebacks has "Minotauro" been known for? If you think making a comeback and overcoming adversities is a signal of weakness you couldn't be more wrong.

It's not over until the fat lady sings. An unbreakable mind is what makes great fighters. No one can break me. The only way to stop me is to completely finish me. As long as I can move my legs and my hands I'll be fighting and looking for a way to win. There are so many guys who lose fights because they get rocked and in their mind they just want to survive. We've seen some champions take one punch and let their opponents take over the fight and their belts. I'm not like that. And being like me is something rare these days.

I see people talking about some top 10 UFC guys like they're gods yet I don't see anything special. There are guys there who can't take a punch, with limited grappling, limited striking. Yet people say they can beat me. They think they can beat well rounded guys like Straus, Curran and Weichel.

I believe I would beat every one of them, I also have the skills and ability to beat Aldo. It would probably be a war and both of us would end up hurt because neither would back down, but my hand would be raised.

FROM OUR SPONSOR

The Applebee’s Taste Test
POWERED BYVOX CREATIVE
Bellator fighters can have success in the UFC as UFC fighters can have success on Bellator, most times it's all about match-ups. Everyone called the WEC lightweight guys cans and yet the two champions before Rafael dos Anjos were from the WEC. His next title challenger is from the WEC. Frankie Edgar, who was the UFC lightweight champion, wasn't able to capture the featherweight belt and is behind Aldo and Chad Mendes on the rankings.

You have to analyze us by our skills, not just where we're fighting. People said Cain would destroy Werdum and Rafael had no chance at Pettis. What happened in those fights? They were on the same organization, yet people were completely wrong.

If Bellator was the number one promotion, we'd be the top fighters and if anyone said a UFC fighter could become champion at Bellator people would laugh the same way they laugh when there's talks about a Bellator fighter becoming UFC champion.

The combined record of my opponents to date is 431-156-1, 4 no-contests. When I fought them it was 268-60-1, 4 no-contests. Aldo's 378-170-6, 2 no-contests and 258-99-5, respectively. We both have 26 fights. I have 18 finishes, he has 16 finishes. I have two highly controversial losses by split decision, he was finished once. How can you talk about the different level of competition at this stage, especially when all the time I see people talking about some fighters signed by the UFC not deserving their spot? Sure there is more depth in the UFC as they have much more fighters. It doesn't mean the top guys outside can't compare to the top guys there. Just look at McGregor, the guy suddenly appeared and is now fighting for the title. There's life and talent outside the UFC. Guys equally talented or with more talent.

I don't think this perception of fighters from a certain organization being better will ever change, but one thing I can say for sure: you can never count me out of a fight, against anyone, anywhere, under any circumstances. I'm a small guy slaying giants and I'll keep doing so. One day you all will have to recognize me. What I did, how I did it, and everything that comes after. My history at the top is just beginning."

Freire is widely considered to be the number-one featherweight in the world outside of the UFC. He is currently on a seven-fight winning streak and recently beat German contender Daniel Weichel via second-round knockout after being rocked in the opening round. He is a two-time Bellator tournament winner and has defended his Bellator championship two times.
fka
fka

Bellator champ Pitbull Freire says he could beat Aldo and to judge fighters skills not where they are fighting. Empty Re: Bellator champ Pitbull Freire says he could beat Aldo and to judge fighters skills not where they are fighting.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:59 pm
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Bellator champ Pitbull Freire says he could beat Aldo and to judge fighters skills not where they are fighting. Empty Re: Bellator champ Pitbull Freire says he could beat Aldo and to judge fighters skills not where they are fighting.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:47 am
Everything he says is so true. I'm a fan now.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:27 am
Hamilcar wrote:Everything he says is so true.  I'm a fan now.

just now? dont understand why you wouldnt be a fan of his fights from before?

he'd smash mcgregor up so bad
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:36 am
I don't blame him for going off like that , I can imagine how frustrating it would be and yes reading those comments I can see why fucking hell ..... We all know the usual bs if pit bull went to the UFC and won the belt those same nay Sayers will be all over his nuts saying his the best ever .
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:05 pm
westcott123 wrote:I don't blame him for going off like that , I can imagine how frustrating it would be and yes reading those comments I can see why fucking hell ..... We all know the usual bs if pit bull went to the UFC and won the belt those same nay Sayers will be all over his nuts saying his the best ever  .

same old same old!!! as the former strikeforce and WEC guys took all the belts. lol

Funny how UFC is the major leagues but majority of their TOP contenders/champions are well known stars have been acquired in a buy out.....

Like TUF is producing world class fighters lol

Last edited by stu3ufc on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
fka
fka

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:06 pm
Well put stu Smile
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:31 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:Everything he says is so true.  I'm a fan now.

just now? dont understand why you wouldnt be a fan of his fights from before?

he'd smash mcgregor up so bad

Mostly because I have never watched a single one of his fights. I watch very little Bellator. Not because I am a hater, just, gotta divide up my time and attention somehow.

What I am saying is that I will be sure to watch him from now on.
Adax

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:07 pm
Pitbull is hands down the best featherweight fighter on the planet right now, he can literally beat anyone in the world at that weight class. If Weichel couldn't beat him then no one will for a long time.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:33 pm
fka wrote:Well put stu Smile

Bellator champ Pitbull Freire says he could beat Aldo and to judge fighters skills not where they are fighting. 2740359715 You stay Classy FKA
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:36 pm
AudaxSynth wrote:Pitbull is hands down the best featherweight fighter on the planet right now, he can literally beat anyone in the world at that weight class. If Weichel couldn't beat him then no one will for a long time.

hahaha You've changed your tune Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

just kidding! I hope they rematch ASAP! holly shit Weichel could have been champ with just 5 more seconds seriously
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:58 am
Great stuff from Pitbull. A Pitbull/Aldo fight would be a good one.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:50 pm
CDF47 wrote:Great stuff from Pitbull.  A Pitbull/Aldo fight would be a good one.

...Not that the UFC would ever allow for one...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:16 am
Hamilcar wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Great stuff from Pitbull.  A Pitbull/Aldo fight would be a good one.

No, they wouldn't because there would be a chance Aldo would lose.  Another real good fight that they won't allow, like so many in the past.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:

No, they wouldn't because there would be a chance Aldo would lose.  Another real good fight that they won't allow, like so many in the past.

That is true they went down that road before and it back fired on them .
Adax

Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:39 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
AudaxSynth wrote:Pitbull is hands down the best featherweight fighter on the planet right now, he can literally beat anyone in the world at that weight class. If Weichel couldn't beat him then no one will for a long time.

just kidding! I hope they rematch ASAP! holly shit Weichel could have been champ with just 5 more seconds seriously

I really hope Weichel is given the proper ladder of opponents to get back to a rematch with Pitbull!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:22 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:

That is true they went down that road before and it back fired on them .

Yeah, so instead they pretend to be the NFL and every other fighter in the world is just a minor leaguer, until SF and WEC comes and cleans house in every division...LOL
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:23 pm
AudaxSynth wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

I really hope Weichel is given the proper ladder of opponents to get back to a rematch with Pitbull!

I agree.  I want to see a Pitbull/Weichel rematch as well.  That was one of my favorite fights this year, although I wanted Weichel to win. Maybe give Weichel one fight or max two fights prior to rematch.
Adax

Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:00 pm
CDF47 wrote:
AudaxSynth wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

I agree.  I want to see a Pitbull/Weichel rematch as well.  That was one of my favorite fights this year, although I wanted Weichel to win.  Maybe give Weichel one fight or max two fights prior to rematch.

Weichel VS. Henry Corrales would be a good match up to start with, then after that maybe Weichel VS. Bubba Jenkins or Straus and then Weichel is in the title picture again.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:28 pm
AudaxSynth wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
AudaxSynth wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

I agree.  I want to see a Pitbull/Weichel rematch as well.  That was one of my favorite fights this year, although I wanted Weichel to win.  Maybe give Weichel one fight or max two fights prior to rematch.

Weichel VS. Henry Corrales would be a good match up to start with, then after that maybe Weichel VS. Bubba Jenkins or Straus and then Weichel is in the title picture again.

The Weichel/Straus fight would be good one or definitely Corrales as well.  Wouldn't mind seeing this rematch with Pitbull in the next 6 - 12 months or so.  I think it will be another great fight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum